Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the deal with ColoCrossing? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's the deal with ColoCrossing?

13»

Comments

• Zappie said: In the case that you mentioned that your network is IPv6 ready, wouldnt you just be able to assign IPv6 connectivity to the clients who request it? I assume then all the public hate for lack of IPv6 will go away

William said: Providing IPv6 != Configuring it by default. Further, no DC i know provides IPv6 by DHCP6/Autoconf anyway - it's always manual config.

I think what Colo means is enabling IPv6 for some customers might lead to security problems even for customers that elect not to enable IPv6 (due perhaps to new DDoS vectors, etc).

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

William said: HE IPv6 is also missing routes to Cogent.

that's the main provider of my ISP :(

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

For my part, I tried to be one of their customer.... but have finished by an incredible disappointment and a huge time loss..

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

William said: HE IPv6 is also missing routes to Cogent.

This has been going on for a long time now. HE could use their Telia transit to reach Cogent by IPv6 if they chose to, but they have intentionally not done so in an effort to try to force Cogent to SFI peer with them. Will be interesting to see how this plays out over the longer term.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@singsing said:
    I think what Colo means is enabling IPv6 for some customers might lead to security problems even for customers that elect not to enable IPv6 (due perhaps to new DDoS vectors, etc).

That's correct.