Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH ARE A SCAM? How to use anti ddos game ovh with a enterprise ovh server? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH ARE A SCAM? How to use anti ddos game ovh with a enterprise ovh server?

2»

Comments

• edited August 2015

PREMIUMgold said: spend 1000's of euros with them monthly

Invoice or gtfo.

Thanked by 2netomx PREMIUMgold
  • OVH's anti DDoS like almost every other anti-DDoS system in the world is far from being perfect. They do not claim any guarantee that it would always work & charge you nothing for it. From what I have seen it is good to tank large attacks but is not as efficient as it should be in case of smaller attacks which fall into L7 category in particular. If you want maximum protection, then obtain a package from a company which specializes in DDoS protection i.e Black Lotus, CNSERVERS, Voxility etc.

Thanked by 1PREMIUMgold
  • PREMIUMgold said: Hi, it is for websites, people can drop cpanel and websites with no panel so easy and drop them.

They use OVH-Bypass, it's a spoofed UDP flood with a different signature that drops it, and it's more randomized making it harder to filter.

Thanked by 1PREMIUMgold
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

PREMIUMgold said: The anti ddos is a joke compared to voxility.

Then, pay for Voxility.

Thanked by 1PREMIUMgold
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@KwiceroLTD said:
    They use OVH-Bypass, it's a spoofed UDP flood with a different signature that drops it, and it's more randomized making it harder to filter.

I'd be surprised if the bypass methods were UDP based. The ones I've seen so far have been TCP based and all the major filtering providers (OVH, Blacklotus, Voxility somewhat) have issues protecting against it. We had to roll out additional localized filtering to deal with it.

If someone with the 'game protection' OVH mode wants to see if the TCP bypass still works, let me know and I can show how to do it. You'll need tcpdump installed to see it.

Francisco

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2015

@Nyr said:
    No.

I hope it isn't like all the other fake threads "IS LEGIT?" - but to thread OP @PREMIUMGold, I suggest using BuyVM's service (way cheaper than actually paying for Voxility because @Francisco can shrink the price by sharing the protected bandwidth).

Thanked by 1PREMIUMgold
  • @Francisco said:
    Francisco

It is UDP bypassed, SUDP-variant, if you're interested I've code the code laying around here if you wish to analyze it yourself. I haven't myself encountered a TCP bypass, I know OVH, Blacklotus have issues blocking NGSSYN.

edited August 2015

@KwiceroLTD said:
    It is UDP bypassed, SUDP-variant, if you're interested I've code the code laying around here if you wish to analyze it yourself. I haven't myself encountered a TCP bypass, I know OVH, Blacklotus have issues blocking NGSSYN.

I'm assuming ngssyn is just another name for xsyn/essyn or whatever the the kids are calling it these days? Blacklotus and OVH are very susceptible to one method of attack just because of how they do their filtering, but I won't explain it in public since someone will go blow up some providers with it.

If you got some sources around or a pcap or something I'd be interested in that.

Thanks boss!

Francisco

Thanked by 1PREMIUMgold
  • @Francisco NGSSYN pretty much, New Generation Spoofed SYN Attack (NG-SSYN/NGSSYN). I'll hop on irc later if you're around and toss it your way (sources).

@KwiceroLTD said:
    Francisco NGSSYN pretty much, New Generation Spoofed SYN Attack (NG-SSYN/NGSSYN). I'll hop on irc later if you're around and toss it your way (sources).

Danke suh ;)

Fairly sure it's same-shit-different-name, but i'm always interested in seeing new sources.

Francisco