Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostress gives up GVH Clients - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostress gives up GVH Clients

Comments

• I have payed my invoice and there is 8 months remaining from billing period. I have used my VPS only for 4 months for an annual price.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

kovacsak said: I have payed my invoice and there is 8 months remaining from billing period. I have used my VPS only for 4 months for an annual price.

Why would you sign up for GVH 4 months ago?

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited August 2015

@kovacsak said:
    I have payed my invoice and there is 8 months remaining from billing period. I have used my VPS only for 4 months for an annual price.

Hostress have stated they won't refund. They haven't clarified if they will refund clients that actually paid Hostress or not

Honestly... You and every other GVH client have been messed around too much. You all bought into some crazily unsustainable deals but that doesn't make it right for the way you've been dumped.

My personal advice (although others may disagree) would be to dispute the payment you made. Technically all ownerships of the business were transferred each time and you could say the responsibilities lie with Hostress now to refund you. I personally feel like for all the headaches you've suffered disputing will cause the provider you paid some annoyances too. At the very least.

@AnthonySmith said:
    Why would you sign up for GVH 4 months ago?> @AnthonySmith said:

Same reason people have always signed up to them? False promises and crazy prices I'd suspect.

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

The lower the GVH prices were the lower amount each client has now lost due to no refunds... why are people complaining about a few bucks being lost?

If it were me I'd at least appreciate the 30 days grace period they gave out, considering that they could have pulled the plug without any warning and nobody would have been one bit surprised.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • HBAndrei said: why are people complaining about a few bucks being lost?

Because the amount is not really relevant if you get scammed.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@William said:
    Because the amount is not really relevant if you get scammed.

Isn't it though? I know I would react differently if it were 10 bucks or 10 thousand bucks.

I'm not defending GVH or HoStress, what they did and how their clients were treated was unacceptable... but there's too big of a riot over lost pennies.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited August 2015

Beyond the principle of your own money, think of it as doing the community a service... or as a market force keeping the market in check.

Skimming everyone for a few bucks for personal private gain is not OK.

• fraud needs to be punished

• HBAndrei said: Isn't it though? I know I would react differently if it were 10 bucks or 10 thousand bucks.

You WOULD, but that does not mean you should - Punishment is obviously also lower for less amount (eh, maybe not in the US) but it should still be prosecuted.

• @emg said:
    I do not claim to understand it all. Perhaps someone can dig further or explain what I do not understand.

Senor Nuggets amuses me.
    Drupal is what he's running, public htaccess (he's changed that now, lol!). He's got some wannabe "anonymous" shit on that facebook page.

• @kovacsak - it comes down to who you paid.

If you paid GVH then they are liable, if you paid Xfuse they are liable, if you paid Hostress then they are liable.

As none of this was a real acquisition ie legal transfer of asset/liability, it was more like a round of hot potato, you can only recourse against the person who accepted your payment. Hostress is under no obligation to refund a payment made to XFuse or GVH.

You can file a chargeback via Paypal or use your credit card company to get it.

• MarkTurner said: Hostress is under no obligation to refund a payment made to XFuse or GVH.

They should be. They accept the liability to continue clients services, in exchange for a potential profit if they are able to endure and clean the mess. They accepted the risk, they lost the gamble, yet they do not want to pay the wager.

Thanked by 3namhuy lbft emg
  • THey should make a refund, because they have transferred users. Why have they transferred my VPS?

@MarkTurner said:
    kovacsak - it comes down to who you paid.

If you paid GVH then they are liable, if you paid Xfuse they are liable, if you paid Hostress then they are liable.

As none of this was a real acquisition ie legal transfer of asset/liability, it was more like a round of hot potato, you can only recourse against the person who accepted your payment. Hostress is under no obligation to refund a payment made to XFuse or GVH.

You can file a chargeback via Paypal or use your credit card company to get it.

• LeeLee Veteran

kovacsak said: THey should make a refund, because they have transferred users

Transferring of users does not make you financially liable, you can only claim against whomever you paid money to.

The exception if there was a full and proper transfer of all assets including liabilities. Ha!

So if you paid money to GVH or Xfuse you need to claim against them. With GVH you are going to stand little chance given the time that has passed. You would be more successful getting a claim in against Xfuse.

Clearly if you have paid Hostress recently and they have not refunded then claim now.

For anyone that paid by debit or credit card you may still be within time for a refund.

• Lee said: Transferring of users does not make you financially liable, you can only claim against whomever you paid money to.

Is there, in a legal sense, such a thing as "transfering users"? It seems to me like all the "transfers" just consisted of one person giving all the root passwords to another person without actual consideration of any kind of legal issues.

• LeeLee Veteran

gsrdgrdghd said: Is there, in a legal sense, such a thing as "transfering users"?

Well yes in that ownership of those clients has deemed to have been passed to someone else who is now responsible for the service provision. However you're right in that there is no legal transfer so in fact it just middies it even further.

• gsrdgrdghd said: Is there, in a legal sense, such a thing as "transfering users"? It seems to me like all the "transfers" just consisted of one person giving all the root passwords to another person without actual consideration of any kind of legal issues.

Obviously, there is a legal contract, signed by both parties concerned. Isn't there?

• LeeLee Veteran

Droidzone said: Obviously, there is a legal contract, signed by both parties concerned. Isn't there?

Only in the first instance, between client and GVH, not with Xfuse or Hostress unless you have made a payment to one of them.

• Lee said: Only in the first instance, between client and GVH, not with Xfuse or Hostress unless you have made a payment to one of them.

Correct that is why it is important to move before making a payment if you want out. That way the next person in line is in no way responsible for you, or your data.

The right way for this to be done would be for client to sign new TOS/AUP. Contracts to be done transferring all liability and equity. That way owners and clients know what is going on, but alas in this industry it rarely happens.

Acquisitions and take overs in the real world are complex things. They do not happen on whims and dreams. The involve the law and lawyers. At some point someone will get the idea here as well ...... maybe.

• Why is this thread even open still, fuck them and the attention this company receives.

• As a signpost to avoid Xfuse Solutions, Hostress and any incarnation of GVH.

• @JoeMerit said:
    As a signpost to avoid Xfuse Solutions, Hostress and any incarnation of GVH.

Certainly, let's listen to JoeMerit, who knows jack about anything and still thinks that no paperwork was signed by any parties. Hahahaha. Keep spreading your garbage buddy. You have been told about my stance on all of this, you continue to bitch and moan and groan on LET. So, you think what you want. The customers who I took care of when they would have lost all their data knows that I made a world of change to their services. The only reason any of it was up was because of me and the people I brought in to help the customers of GVH. I gave it all to Hostress, and there was a signed contract, because I couldn't handle it all with my current situation. I had nothing to do with Hostress dropping the ball and getting their nodes wiped. Fact, when the customers were under my control, the servers had months of uptime. That was all deleted by stupidity. Sorry that you keep thinking that I am some stupid summer host who will only be around for a while. Fact is I've been around for 3 years now. Not going anywhere, even though small minded, conspiracy theorists morons like you keep spreading your bullshit left and right. Obviously your life is very boring to have to constantly come on these forums and talk shit about around company that did everything in their power to help customers.

So, take that and shut the hell up for once. Look at what I've done before the GVH shit, then talk. Other than that, go crawl back into that hole you came out of.

Thanked by 1Rallias
  • XFS_Duke said: So, take that and shut the hell up for once. Look at what I've done before the GVH shit, then talk. Other than that, go crawl back into that hole you came out of.

nice attitude, way to go :)

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • SpencerSpencer Member
    edited August 2015

XFS_Duke said: Not going anywhere

Especially not on a motorcycle

Thanked by 3Jonchun netomx k0nsl
  • Can we seriously have a shit bin and post this crap in? Seriously.

• @namhuy said:
    nice attitude, way to go :)

Thanks. Lol

@Spencer said:

Nope, not at all. You're funny though, making fun at someone's accidents. You're a star!

@KwiceroLTD said:
    Can we seriously have a shit bin and post this crap in? Seriously.

Or can we have people grow the hell up and stop disrespecting people. Especially when the person who is disrespecting the other person knows absolutely nothing about anything going on?

• @XFS_Duke its pretty obvious that greed is what drove your decision to 'save' those customers. They would have been better off without you.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • LeeLee Veteran

@Spencer said:

No need.

• @XFS_Duke said:
    Certainly, let's listen to JoeMerit, who knows jack about anything and still thinks that no paperwork was signed by any parties. Hahahaha. Keep spreading your garbage buddy.

i no get mess in.

duke before say no deal. nuggets no to agree. insult nuggets deal.

duke like i. he bad speak words not lie.

• @JoeMerit said:
    XFS_Duke its pretty obvious that greed is what drove your decision to 'save' those customers. They would have been better off without you.

Greed? Explain what greed had to do with taking over a sinking ship and trying to turn it around
    for the customers? Greed would have been if I knew they were making big $$$$, but there was no big money. Everyone knows that.

@neills said:

No clue what you were trying to say, so I have no clue if I'm supposed to say thanks or not. Lol

@Lee said:
    No need.

Yep, been there, done that. Now I'll stick to fast cars and insurance. Lol

This discussion has been closed.