Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dacentec vs delimiter vs Servercomplete (nodesdirect) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dacentec vs delimiter vs Servercomplete (nodesdirect)

2»

Comments

• None of the offer ddos protection... so I got a question

which of the companies has better null route policy auto null then

• Did you also look at Quickpacket ?

Thanked by 1qps
  • coolice said: None of the offer ddos protection... so I got a question

We offer full DDOS mitigation BUT the price point is so far away from LEB/LET pricing that its unattractive and there are cheaper options on the market.

which of the companies has better null route policy auto null then

We do null route servers under attack, once null-routed incoming traffic is sampled every minute and once the incoming attack is cleared the null-route is removed.

Thanked by 1coolice
  • @Winne, I'll check what Quickpacket offer

@MarkTurner i do not need full mitigation if i have problematic customers I'll move them to ovh

I just cannot afford to be down for 12 hours before null route is removed (as some companies threat in their tos) it will kill my business... I'll use the server for some shared hosting of customers which want their sites to be on pure US ip not geolocated one from OVH Canada

P.S. Since i start to using fully protected server and my main market knows and realise that attacks start to disappear :) No trigger for OVH protection since April, Not trigger at all for Online net protection for this year...

Mostly I see low volume layer 7 attacks which tweaked LiteSpeed + LSCache + Firewall block list handles quite well...

• @coolice - Lets say you're under attack, the IP will be null routed, then say the attack remains ongoing for 12 hours, then the IP will keep being sampled, the attack noted as continuing and then the null route will remain in place. But it wouldn't be a punitive, we decide to null route you for 12 hours.

• It is fair that way :) I'm just scared of any minor incident lead to 12 hours null route...

P.S. other companies representatives or if someone from the forum use them can comment you null route policy...

@qps and @dacentec ?

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@coolice - We only null-route for the duration of the attack. However, we don't tolerate repeated attacks, so if you are going to be attacked frequently, you will need to look into a DDoS protection service.

Thanked by 1coolice
  • Do not plan to have it. I'm asking just in case ...

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

When I was at Delimiter someone else had my IP (previous customer) and I was receiving constant attacks - while they were very helpful at explaining what had happened it was $35 down the drain. ;)