Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dacentec vs delimiter vs Servercomplete (nodesdirect)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dacentec vs delimiter vs Servercomplete (nodesdirect)

shilenoshileno Member
edited August 2015 in Providers

I'm looking for options to replace my current server (Xeon W3520)

I am seeing good deals from the following suppliers

Dacentec

delimiter

Servercomplete

I wonder which of the three recommended.

Note: my clients are mostly Chilean interests me therefore that the provider has good connectivity to South America.

Poll
  1. better network65 votes
    1. Dacentec
      41.54%
    2. Delimiter
      46.15%
    3. Servercomplete
      12.31%
  2. better support65 votes
    1. Dacenter
      75.38%
    2. Delimiter
      16.92%
    3. Servercomplete
        7.69%

Comments

• BradBrad Member
    edited August 2015

Dacentec will probably have the best support for the price range. Others have claimed that Delimeter has a better network, but Dacentec is not bad at all.

I'd go with Dacentec overall.

• SadySady Member

I will also recommend you Dacentec (Have 3 servers from them myself). I don't think that you'll find such support they offer from any other unmanaged dedi providers.

• +1 for Dacentec.

• NdhaNdha Member

another 1 for Dacentec

• Delimiter has the best support, you can literately throw any support query @MarkTurner

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2015

Better network: Delimiter
    Better support: Dacentec

The fact that Delimiter got little less than 50 % of the "better network" votes proves you can't really ask about technical advice here anymore.

Thanked by 2MarkTurner Trav
  • As for support I have clear that all these suppliers deliver unmanaged servers.

What interests me is that if such as a network or hardware problem, if I send a ticket get a quick response. It is also important rapid resolution of problems

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

What is delimiter.com's AS#?

• @jbiloh said:
    What is delimiter.com's AS#?

AS7363

• +1 for Dacentec.

• @Shileno - In terms of unmanaged support, Delimiter's team is right on the button. They are all extremely competent, with 5+ commercial (read corporate) experience in both systems administration and network operations.

If you want someone to help you configure your server, setup cPanel, then you'll get a very terse response from them saying the servers are unmanaged. If you have a network issue ie there is a defect in the network, defect with hardware, then you can expect an extremely prompt and accurate handling of the ticket.

The problem comes that people expect unmanaged support to include things like help me diagnose the problem with my application, why is my webserver using so much RAM, etc. For that you need a managed service.

Network issues are immediately escalated to NetOps (Yomura's network operations) who handle issues proactively and can help with congestion management and other issues that crop up from time-to-time.

If you can manage your own system, then you will have no reason to contact support day-to-day.

PM me some IPs in Chile and I'll send you some traceroutes from some of our DCs.

Thanked by 2shileno rahoolm
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@MarkTurner said:
    Shileno - In terms of unmanaged support, Delimiter's team is right on the button. They are all extremely competent, with 5+ commercial (read corporate) experience in both systems administration and network operations.

If you want someone to help you configure your server, setup cPanel, then you'll get a very terse response from them saying the servers are unmanaged. If you have a network issue ie there is a defect in the network, defect with hardware, then you can expect an extremely prompt and accurate handling of the ticket.

The problem comes that people expect unmanaged support to include things like help me diagnose the problem with my application, why is my webserver using so much RAM, etc. For that you need a managed service.

Network issues are immediately escalated to NetOps (Yomura's network operations) who handle issues proactively and can help with congestion management and other issues that crop up from time-to-time.

If you can manage your own system, then you will have no reason to contact support day-to-day.

PM me some IPs in Chile and I'll send you some traceroutes from some of our DCs.

Where is your network Operations center located?

• jbiloh said: Where is your network Operations center located?

London, UK

• +1 Dacentec

• Delimiter: not a single hardware, power or network issue in 7 months. "meh" support, sales is absolute shite - hard to give them money sometimes

Dacentec: excellent support & value (hardware for $$), but multiple network issues in a year

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • BG32BG32 Member

@mikeyur said:
    Delimiter: not a single hardware, power or network issue in 7 months. "meh" support, sales is absolute shite - hard to give them money sometimes

Dacentec: excellent support & value (hardware for $$), but multiple network issues in a year

Amen! "Life wasn't meant to be easy" "you take some you lose some"

• dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2015

As mentioned in some previous posts we are remixing our carriers this summer, bringing in Level3 and bringing Broadplex in so that we can have access to Cogent again.

We always try to provide test IPs and downloads in our advertisements and forum posts. Public scrutiny helps identify areas that need improvement, and we are always working on doing better.

AS31863

http://dacentec.speedtest.net

http://mirror.dacentec.com

http://stats.dacentec.com

Thanked by 2zevus Saahib
  • ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2015

Servercomplete for better network and
    Dacentec for better support

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited August 2015

@Bruce said:
    AS7363

@MarkTurner Last time I used Delimiter (years ago), its IPv4s worldwide were NTT direct, Or is that only for non-US locations?

• @dacentec said:
    bringing Broadplex in so that we can have access to Cogent again.

cogent? is that an improvement?

• ehabehab Member

@MarkTurner , i would love a thread about MarkTurner Daily Tickey Adventures.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Bruce said: cogent

Cogent is one of the largest networks in the world and has many solid routes. It is definitely a worthwhile network to have in a bandwidth mix.

• Traffic said: its IPv4s worldwide were NTT direct,

We've never used NTT's IP space. It may have been some of the legacy Delimiter VPS servers that were rented from third party providers that was stopped 3-4 years ago.

Bruce said: cogent? is that an improvement?

Cogent is cheap and cheerful bandwidth. If you use any form of route optimisation then you'll see that almost 100% of Cogent/HE routes will be moved out of primary routes in minutes.

• qps said: Cogent is one of the largest networks in the world and has many solid routes. It is definitely a worthwhile network to have in a bandwidth mix.

Yea but not singlehomed and if you have Cogent you also should get HE.

William said: Yea but not singlehomed and if you have Cogent you also should get HE.

HE is in Charlotte now, they put a POP at DC74 I think. We are investigating.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited August 2015

MarkTurner said: We've never used NTT's IP space. It may have been some of the legacy Delimiter VPS servers that were rented from third party providers that was stopped 3-4 years ago.

Yes, if I recall properly, at least EE and UA space for VPSs was NTT.

I told ya, it was quite a few ago :)

Bruce said: cogent? is that an improvement?

Everyone wants to go somewhere different. Business and Enterprise customers are more than happy with Level3, some parts of europe and brazil like Telia.

There are destinations where Cogent is the best path, and others where HE dominates.

• dacentec said: others where HE dominates

That would be HE's datacentres ONLY

• MarkTurner said: That would be HE's datacentres ONLY

Not really, some larger EU ISPs now rely on almost pure HE, but you can get to them even cheaper by just getting a DECIX/AMSIX port, so it is not as bad it would be in the US.

• William said: some larger EU ISPs now rely on almost pure HE

Who would that be? They need their heads examining.

Thanked by 1TarZZ92