Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with cheap internal cPanel and WHMCS license - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with cheap internal cPanel and WHMCS license

2»

Comments

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Clouvider said: you will NEVER achieve less than 11 USD for cPanel. This are the wholesale costs that everyone is paying.

Some partner NOCs are grandfathered in at a lower price.

• ServerServer Member
    edited August 2015

@FlamesRunner said:
    On the other hand, he wants Xen instead of OpenVZ...

And Server, if you find such a server, be sure to tell us, as that pricing is near impossible in my eyes.

Please re-read OP. I mentioned that OpenVZ is acceptable, but Xen is preferred.

@Lee said:
    He only added a budget after I posted that. Or I missed it.

You certainly missed it as the thread was started a day before you commented. (1 hour editing time has long passed)

@century1stop said:
    Server wonder which host will sell you everything a cost? when we look at amount of investment involved, overheads, expenses plus gateway charges, such sale is considered a complete loss.

if you can sell at such rates, I don't mind getting some services for resale :D

As mentioned, I'm looking for hosts which are able and willing to pass on the cost savings for licenses to consumers. Many hosts sell internal cPanel licenses at cost price (or slightly more) and earn profits via the hosting services they provide. It's absolutely not a 'complete loss' if you can maximise the discounts for the licenses by having a large output and knows how to bundle them efficiently.

If you're looking to profit a lot in every aspect of the add-on services you provide with your hosting, I'm afraid the low end industry is not suitable for you. Regarding me selling at such rates, I'm not a provider presently.

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

@Server when you become a provider ..please ping back me i will get the same package from you in this price

• @vpsGOD said:
    Server when you become a provider ..please ping back me i will get the same package from you in this price

This thread is under the 'Requests' section for a reason. If you are unable to honour such pricing, I would greatly appreciate if you don't hijack the thread by going off-topic. What you posted does not add value to the discussion but rather I see it as an attempt to start a troll by challenging me to enter the low end hosting industry and posting to flash your signature at the same time.

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • LeeLee Veteran

Server said: As mentioned, I'm looking for hosts which are able and willing to pass on the cost savings for licenses to consumers.

Your budget is too low that is the bottom line. The only providers willing to pass on substantial licence savings are those who are charging more of a premium price for the VPS.

There are few in this space that offer cPanel let alone WHMCS as well. Check WHT, I am certain you will be able to find something fairly close to your price range. You won't be happy with performance and support but you get what you pay for.

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2015

@Server

This is the BEST CLOSE Solution to Your problem :

• Get a VPS ( $3 , with Free Wildcard SSL from vMBox ) + cPanel ( $8) = $11 /Mo

• Get a Reseller , with Free WHMCS ( 60 % OFF Deal from OnraHost ) = $6 /Mo

Total Monthly = $17 /Mo.

Its a blessing in disguise, since you can separate your clients ( hosted on the vps ) , with your billing system ( hosted on a remote server )

Edit : Hosting your WHMCS on a shared server is NOT RECOMMENDED.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:

Thought it was common knowledge SingleHop customers pay $7.50 each. Or $20 for dedicated.

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2015

• @Clouvider said:
    Please re-read what I've written. I'm not saying that some hosts don't sell it at loss as you admitted you do. I'm saying about the wholesale price as the thread is about two licenses (which cost alone almost exhausts the budget) and quite a large VPS bundled.

Was your post here only to flash your sig?

and you? what about grandfathered resellers? what about those with true volume that you'll never reach? they have REAL buying power, and aren't stuck at the $11 price you are at.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Jonchun said:
    and you? what about grandfathered resellers? what about those with true volume that you'll never reach? they have REAL buying power, and aren't stuck at the $11 price you are at.

I won't discuss vague statements with no proves.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2015

@VMbox said:
    Thought it was common knowledge SingleHop customers pay $7.50 each. Or $20 for dedicated.

Writing the same thing again and again becomes annoying.

I'm not interested in 3rd party prices that are most likely subsided as that's a hidden loss.

WHMCS price + cPanel price ALONE at the WHOLESALE rate, that's the rate that the PROVIDER pays for the license is at almost even level that the OP's budget. Meaning either someone will provide the bundle and earn nothing (LOSS), or will earn only a bit, not including support costs, depreciation on hardware, etc (LOSS) or won't provide the bundle as is smart enough not to fund other people's businesses or will provide the service that is heavily oversold, therefore cheating on the Customer (CUSTOMER LOSS).

I think I've made my response very clear a few times, that's my last post in this thread.

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited August 2015

ITT: @Clouvider crying about how he doesn't get cpanel/whmcs cheap enough to profitably offer OP a vps.

Thanked by 1Peroni
  • ITT: A bunch of hosts bashing each other.

Typical anti-social LET behaviour.

Thanked by 2FlamesRunner Peroni
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited August 2015

Jonchun said: ITT: @Clouvider crying about how he doesn't get cpanel/whmcs cheap enough to profitably offer OP a vps.

Not sure he is crying about it, simply making a point and a valid one.

Based on current pricing tiers you could get licences at around $8, I know of a couple at $6.50 but with volumes way beyond what most will ever manage.

So even if the commitment was $8 x 50 licences = $400 that is a what you pay each month regardless of whether you can actually sell them on. So it makes sense as a value add item to take a small hit to get them sold rather than view it as a profit making add on. Otherwise you have licences you need to pay for but nobody using/paying for them.

If you have the numbers to make it worthwhile then it's a good option to have however if not then your pricing is going to be in $13-$14 bracket.

Bottom line, if you are someone like Softlayer or even a customer then the base prices have enough fat built in to cope with aggressive pricing of cPanel, WHMCS or whatever thus ensuring they are not sitting about unused.

If you are in this particular space where the VPS pricing is already at it's minimum and perhaps in fact loss leading then you are not going to be able to do much better than $13 for cPanel.

So the option suggestd by @XiNiX is in fact the only really viable option to get what he wants for the price and in the process getting a bit more doing it that way.

Thanked by 2XiNiX Clouvider