Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with cheap internal cPanel and WHMCS license
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with cheap internal cPanel and WHMCS license

ServerServer Member
edited August 2015 in Requests

Hello,

I'm seeking recommendations/offers for VPS with cheap internal cPanel and WHMCS license. (Only 1 license is needed each, not for resale)

For now, I'm pretty flexible with the requirements listed below as I will be scaling when needed.

Virtualization: OVZ/KVM/Xen (Preferred)

1-2 Core (preferably)

2GB+ RAM

100GB+ HDD

1000GB+ transfer

100Mb/s bandwidth

1x Dedicated IPv4

1X cPanel VPS optimized license

1x WHMCS license.

Location does not matter.

Budget: Around $25/Month.

Thanks.

Comments

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

I dont think some offer will be their for 2GB vps+cpanel+whmcs under $25

• I doubt anyone will be able to offer this considering whmcs license and cPanel license current prices.

• ServerServer Member
    edited August 2015

@suraj4u said:
    I dont think some offer will be their for 2GB vps+cpanel+whmcs under $25

@MrRapidHost said:
    I doubt anyone will be able to offer this considering whmcs license and cPanel license current prices.

I'm talking about internal license, obviously it's not possible if it's based on market price. Hosts which are able to reap substantial economies of scale will enable them to purchase the licenses at a much cheaper rate.

I know of a reputable VPS company which provides the above requirement + managed service for slightly $10 more. However, as of now, a managed service isn't required so I'm looking to cut some cost.

• If you can raise your budget to 7 bucks to $32 I can do this for you as a one-time courtesy :)

• $17 a month for a 2 GB BoltVM VPS + cPanel.

• @Server said:
    I know of a reputable VPS company which provides the above requirement + managed service for slightly $10 more. However, as of now, a managed service isn't required so I'm looking to cut some cost.

for a 10$ more I can provide it aswell ....

• lovemindsloveminds Member
    edited August 2015

Hosthatch is OK, exclude WHMCS

https://portal.hosthatch.com/aff.php?aff=283
    HostHatch is valuable, Reliable and Friendly service
    Virtualization by OpenVZ/KVM with Solusvm Panel, Location in Los Angeles,US, Amsterdam,Netherlands and Stockholm,Sweden

Thanks for all my affiliate user, God bless yours
    All commissions will be used to providing hosting and support for novice and female webmasters

Yvonne Lu, Co-Founder of Lunadream Foundation

• @Server May be able to do something for you, just pm'ed. ;)

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited August 2015

Let's take a look with the license costs (and I'm being generous):

WHMCS = $13.95 (some providers offer these as a Web Host License)

cPanel Internal license: $8.00

This totals to $21.95 just for the licenses. You're left with $3.05 for a VPS with:

2GB+ RAM

100GB+ HDD

1000GB+ transfer

100Mb/s bandwidth

I know there may be a provider who could offer this, but you should be looking towards $30-40 as a budget.

Edit: Just a note, cPanel runs like garbage on one core. You could have 4GB of RAM with 1 core run worse than a VPS with 1GB of RAM and 4 cores.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2015

@FlamesRunner cPanel internal wholesale is $11 for VPS. No matter how many licenses you have with them.

That leaves 5 pences for the VM unless someone has reseller agreement with WHMCS and quite a few licenses to bring the price down (http://www.whmcs.com/resellers/) in which case the budget is still not enough for good quality server.

• Some providers offer them that cheap, can't remember which ones though.

That's still below cost, so they obviously won't be happy to sell that combo unless they are willing to pay more than they gain.

• They could probably bundle it into the VPS pricing ;)

Please re-read. As you and I, both advised that there is 3 dollars or less left after licenses. You can't bundle anything into that.

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • ServerServer Member
    edited August 2015

@Clouvider said:
    FlamesRunner cPanel internal wholesale is $11 for VPS. No matter how many licenses you have with them.

That leaves 5 pences for the VM unless someone has reseller agreement with WHMCS and quite a few licenses to bring the price down (http://www.whmcs.com/resellers/) in which case the budget is still not enough for good quality server.

@Clouvider said:
    That's still below cost, so they obviously won't be happy to sell that combo unless they are willing to pay more than they gain.

@Clouvider said:
    Please re-read. As you and I, both advised that there is 3 dollars or less left after licenses. You can't bundle anything into that.

That's not true. Most host offering internal WHMCS licenses from WHMCS reseller program are able to obtain the licenses for as low as $7.20.

I don't know how did you calculate the '5 pences' or '3 dollars or less' left for the VM, but I'm sure $25-$11-$7.20=$6.80 (left for VM).

Is that considered 'below cost' or 'not enough for good quality server'?

• @Server wonder which host will sell you everything a cost? when we look at amount of investment involved, overheads, expenses plus gateway charges, such sale is considered a complete loss.

if you can sell at such rates, I don't mind getting some services for resale :D

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

We can do internal cPanel for ~8 USD / month but not WHMCS. If you are interested PM me :)

edited August 2015

On the other hand, he wants Xen instead of OpenVZ...

And @Server, if you find such a server, be sure to tell us, as that pricing is near impossible in my eyes.

edited August 2015

That, and you want 100GB of disk space + 2GB of RAM...

And now, the new pricing table with the cheaper licenses:

$8.00 for the WHMCS License

$8.00 for the cPanel License

Now, no one is going to offer you the licenses at $7.20, because of the gateway fees.

$25-$1.03 = $23.97

(PayPal fees)

$23.97-$16.00 = $7.97 for a VPS with:

2GB of RAM

2 cores
    Xen Virtualization

100GB of disk space

1TB of BW

1 IPv4

I'm sure you could get a server like that for $8, but I'm not too sure if you could get it as Xen...

There may be a tax for the host as well which you aren't charged for but they are.

If you add everything in, there isn't much room for profit here let alone breaking even.

edited August 2015

While if you do very bully purchase of WHMCS you can go down to 7.xx USD, you will NEVER achieve less than 11 USD for cPanel. This are the wholesale costs that everyone is paying.

Thanked by 1click4easy
  • StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:
    While if you do very bully purchase of WHMCS you can go down to 7.xx USD, you will NEVER achieve less than 11 USD for cPanel. This are the wholesale costs that everyone is paying.

SingleHop customers pay $7.50 for cPanel VPS licenses. We sell them at $9.95 with our VPS usually but will go to $8 if bundled into one payment with the VPS.

edited August 2015

@VMbox said:
    SingleHop customers pay $7.50 for cPanel VPS licenses. We sell them at $9.95 with our VPS usually but will go to $8 if bundled into one payment with the VPS.

Please re-read what I've written. I'm not saying that some hosts don't sell it at loss as you admitted you do. I'm saying about the wholesale price as the thread is about two licenses (which cost alone almost exhausts the budget) and quite a large VPS bundled.

Was your post here only to flash your sig?

• LeeLee Veteran

I am fairly sure rocketvps.com still have the rocket30life code for 30% off which applies to both cPanel and WHMCS, not looked at them in a while though.

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:

We don't sell them at a loss.

• @Lee said:
    I am fairly sure rocketvps.com still have the rocket30life code for 30% off which applies to both cPanel and WHMCS, not looked at them in a while though.

way out of op's budget, 2GB vps costs $44.99 :D

• @VMbox said:
    frankly, not making sufficient margin on a sale is considered a loss, that is if you are looking at accounting point of view.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited August 2015

century1stop said: way out of op's budget, 2GB vps costs $44.99 :D

He only added a budget after I posted that. Or I missed it.

• @Lee said:
    He only added a budget after I posted that. Or I missed it.......Missed, but then again, aren't that many sharp shooters around :D

@VMbox said:

So you say that you're buying them for less than 11 USD? Prove it.

• 17brownj17brownj Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:

Singlehop sells them for $7.50 to their customers. He buys the licenses from them. It would be Singlehop who is losing money on them.

Thanked by 1Clouvider