Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a little something on US east coast... - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a little something on US east coast...

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

kcaj said: Great, that's in my diary.

You may also want to make a note of September 19th, when I'm intending to post some choice excerpts from my upcoming autobiography 'The Sexually-Confused Moderator'.

• Have you checked dediserve? (Haven't tested ping myself, but its worth a shot)

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @Nekki said:
    it is what it is and I want what I want

I told my mom that when I was 3, in regards to a uhhh lollipop...

• cupidcupid Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2015

Hi,

we have vps from $1.20/Month or $9.90/Year located Atlanta (East coast) and we provide hosting since 2003. - Cheap VPS

• @Nekki said:
    Don't have one. I'm prepared to pay whatever it costs to get quality.

You know who you're talking to, right?

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited August 2015

@nekki, do you have a test IP in the UK to ping? Wable's New York City location has 69ms to Poundhost (UK provider);
    ping poundhost.com
    PING poundhost.com (31.193.135.90) 56(84) bytes of data.

64 bytes from www.poundhost.com (31.193.135.90): icmp_seq=1 ttl=57 time=69.1 ms

64 bytes from www.poundhost.com (31.193.135.90): icmp_seq=2 ttl=57 time=69.1 ms

64 bytes from www.poundhost.com (31.193.135.90): icmp_seq=3 ttl=57 time=69.1 ms

64 bytes from www.poundhost.com (31.193.135.90): icmp_seq=4 ttl=57 time=69.1 ms

64 bytes from www.poundhost.com (31.193.135.90): icmp_seq=5 ttl=57 time=69.1 ms

and 77ms to virginmedia.com (a internet/tv provider in the UK), but not sure where the site is hosted exactly.

[root@server15***-wable restore]# ping virginmedia.com

PING virginmedia.com (212.250.162.12) 56(84) bytes of data.

64 bytes from git-dmz4-css-4b-vip07.network.virginmedia.net (212.250.162.12): icmp_seq=1 ttl=121 time=77.3 ms

64 bytes from git-dmz4-css-4b-vip07.network.virginmedia.net (212.250.162.12): icmp_seq=2 ttl=121 time=77.2 ms

64 bytes from git-dmz4-css-4b-vip07.network.virginmedia.net (212.250.162.12): icmp_seq=3 ttl=121 time=77.1 ms

• One of the best locations for me from the north UK was cvps's Piscataway, NJ location.about 80ms ping (ADSL)

I wouldn't recommend cvps tho but whichever dc they use

• @Nekki I left you a PM

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks @Nekki!

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@Nekki

Can you test this:

If one of them suit your needs, our MooseVZ package will be perfect for you.

• @Nekki said:
    Bit disappointing that the thread ended so predicatably, but on the other hand it's good to know my own personal picks were validated.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Also: Ramnode and similar are super helpful when it comes to routing issues as well - so if your ping isn't optimal it's worth it to ticket and see if anything can be done.

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited August 2015

SecureDragon (NJ) and RamNode (NY) would be excellent choices.

You can also look at Canada (Montreal, not OVH):

https://servarica.com/special_offers/special-cloud-linux-vps/

• Xen
    • 512MB
    • 12GB SAN ssd-cached
    • 500GB transfer
    • HA
    • Nightly provider backups (that work, I had one restored in ~30 min.)
    • 12$/Quarter
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Hostigation is in North Carolina (Charlotte) but might be too far inland for your needs.

• @sleddog said:
    You can also look at Canada (Montreal, not OVH)

He mentioned US, I'm guessing for VPN reasons. But that's a good point, if Canada is fair game I'd highly recommend LunaNode - the base plan would be $10.80/quarter ($3.6/mo). 512MB, 15GB, 1TB, HA, etc in Toronto.

https://www.lunanode.com/

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Jonchun said: Have you checked dediserve? (Haven't tested ping myself, but its worth a shot)

Buffalo's a bit too far out so is in the 120m/s range, but thanks for the suggestion.

cupid said: Hi,

I'm alright, thanks.

mpkossen said: You know who you're talking to, right?

I don't know what you mean by this.

Incero said: do you have a test IP in the UK to ping?

Afraid not, no, I don't wish to reveal the PoP's IP. However, as you don't have IPv6, Wable aren't up for consideration anyway. If you could send me a test IP however, I'd be happy to validate that ping to both my PoP and a residential Virgin Media connection for you, as the test IP's in Wable's FAQ all timeout.

TheLinuxBug said: I left you a PM

Yes, I know because you sent me a PM. Never understood why people feel the need to publicly state they've privately sent you a message.

davidgestiondbi said: Can you test this:

New Jersey: http://dns-nj.gdbi.info/

Miami: http://dns-mia01.gdbi.info/

NJ comes back at around 95ms which is lovely, but you've not been in business 2 years, unless I'm missing something.

sleddog said: You can also look at Canada (Montreal, not OVH):

Thanks for the suggestion/recommendation, but in this instance I do specifically need a US location. I've heard good things about Lunarnode though, so will certainly take a good look at them when if I decide to progress to Canada.

Thanked by 2dediserve J1021
  • @Nekki I left you a message here because you had not responded and I wasn't sure if you had seen my message. I was doing it as a courtesy to make sure you had seen it as it applied to this thread. Until your post update here... I have no indication you had actually received my message.

I guess no good dead goes unpunished?

Cheers!

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

We are here since four years under Gestion DBI in QC, Canada. Up to you! :)

• I often read quality as Linode.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited August 2015

msg7086 said: I often read quality as Linode.

If that's being considered, 6sync is a fine provider who is based on the East coast. I've used them for many years. They're not LEB pricing though.

Edit: just checked and their smallest is 1GB of RAM for $8/mo so that's close to LEB.

Thanked by 1drazilox
  • hey thats interesting, 6sync used to be $10 for 256MB.. now $8 for 1GB...

• We have a NYC location!

• @Nekki you asked something opposite to what people asked here usually.

You need quality and want to pay for it. Normally users ask for same specs and budget $3-$5.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

TheLinuxBug said: @Nekki I left you a message here because you had not responded and I wasn't sure if you had seen my message. I was doing it as a courtesy to make sure you had seen it as it applied to this thread. Until your post update here... I have no indication you had actually received my message.

I guess no good dead goes unpunished?

According to the timestamps on the emails, the post here was made in the same minute you posted the second PM, so on the basis you appear to be a naughty little fibber, I'm not really interested in hosting with you.

msg7086 said: I often read quality as Linode.

I had a look a Linode, their East Coast location comes back in the 250-300m/s range.

raindog308 said: If that's being considered, 6sync is a fine provider who is based on the East coast.

As in 6sync.com? They only have a West Coast location from what I can see.

concerto49 said: We have a NYC location!

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I seem to recall a lot of people had issues with your support in recent months, tickets going unanswered, that sort of thing. Don't have time for that.

TheKiller said: @Nekki you asked something opposite to what people asked here usually.

You need quality and want to pay for it. Normally users ask for same specs and budget $3-$5.

I'm aware of what I'm asking...

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited August 2015

Nekki said: I had a look a Linode, their East Coast location comes back in the 250-300m/s range.

I'm sorry, but what kind of fucked up network are you on? I'm used to getting <100ms from Linode in NJ all the time and I'm living further away than you do.

Edit: 82ms (81.9 actually) all the time.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited August 2015

@mpkossen said:
    I'm sorry, but what kind of fucked up network are you on? I'm used to getting <100ms from Linode in NJ all the time and I'm living further away than you do.

What test IP do you have? I used the address on their speedtest page.

• @Nekki said:
    What test IP do you have? I used the address on their speedtest page.

speedtest.newark.linode.com. I can post an MTR for you. Hang on.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited August 2015

@mpkossen said:

Just retried it and getting low 90's now, dunno what the deuce was happening before.

Edit: hilariously, I get over 100m/s at home. Fuck Virgin Media.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • IPv4: http://pastebin.com/paiWJS61

IPv6: http://pastebin.com/Zt4J8Yep

Even goes through London. Now seriously, you are closer to London than I am.

• @mpkossen said:

for comparison:
    My london server to speedtest.newark.linode.com -- > 89ms
    My london server to my atlanta servers -- > 86ms

• @Bruce said:
    My london server to my atlanta servers -- > 86ms

IPv6 vs IPv4 perhaps? Or just crappy routing somewhere?