Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic has been acquired by QuadraNet - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic has been acquired by QuadraNet

Comments

• MHS_Marc said: Will we see you on the front lines of QuadraNet?

I don't think that's none of the Internet's business though.

• @MSPNick said:

Right. Silly me for asking a good person (IMO) if we'll still see him around. Didn't see any harm in asking...

• @MHS_Marc said:
    Will we see you on the front lines of QuadraNet?

As mentioned, I was hired as a Support Tech, so if you open a ticket and have service with QN you might.

Appreciate the kind words.

Thanked by 1MHS_Marc
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@Ndha said:
    Maybe time for reliable host to take refugees??

We can take refugees, open a ticket to discuss.
    However, maybe you should wait and see how Quadranet will handle this take over?

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • @SkylarM @dustinc Is the $70 I have in Crissic account credit transferrable to QN or refundable?

• @Jar said:
    That's the kind of paranoid and unnecessary drama that likes to thrive here sometimes. Let it die.

Clearly you succeed in turning a blind eye to ARIN being decieved in this process. Everyone in the world is suffering from IP shortage , hosting industry is governed by IP prices . Providers on LET have to pay premium prices for ips which is pure lunacy & then there are hoarders with countless ips. It is evidently clear that Quadranet purchased crissic not for its client base rather because of the ips it had to offer. It is indeed a shame that ips are worth more than clients .

I'm affected, everyone in the world will remain affected unless & until we switch to ipv6 & frankly this being Skylar's second time only a fool can think this wasn't preplanned.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@raza19 I can respect your interpretation of events but it's not fraud, and suspecting long term motives from Skylar is simply not an accusation which has roots in any known fact.

• @raza19 said:
    ips are worth more than clients

perhaps crissic isn't the only provider to cash in, now that ARIN is exhausted. @jbiloh thinks there's some more IPs to come ARIN's way soon, so maybe a few are holding out for more IPs or see how the IP value changes.

• mikeyur said: Is the $70 I have in Crissic account credit transferrable to QN or refundable?

Hi Mike,

Crissic's billing is separate from QuadraNet, we will not be able to transfer the credit at this time nor would it be refundable.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Bruce said:
    perhaps crissic isn't the only provider to cash in, now that ARIN is exhausted. jbiloh thinks there's some more IPs to come ARIN's way soon, so maybe a few are holding out for more IPs or see how the IP value changes.

@jbiloh isn't wrong that there's more due in September, it's just that it isn't nearly as much as everyones hoping. There is just over 2 million addresses in the spare IANA pools, but that has to be split 5 ways, so ARIN will get the better part of a /13.

Francisco

• @raza19 said:
    Clearly you succeed in turning a blind eye to ARIN being decieved in this process.

I'm not sure what you think ARIN's role is, but they're not being deceived - they just don't care. Nor should they.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ Francisco
  • @QuadraNet_Adam said:
    Crissic's billing is separate from QuadraNet, we will not be able to transfer the credit at this time nor would it be refundable.

then i can use credit for extend my service?

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited August 2015

@QuadraNet_Adam said:

So I am replying here not because I have service, but because I just want to see if I understand this and this has been logically thought out:

So what your saying is that customer who invested into Crissic by adding funds to their account are basically going to lose money because they can no longer buy services from Crissic (as you are no longer selling them) and at the same time the customer can not transfer the funds to be used on the platform which you are replacing it with? Am I the only one who thinks this is kinda.... shady... ? Maybe I am missing something obvious here, if so, please fill me in.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• I have a couple of $15/year boxes with crissic. Will I be able to renew them when the time comes?

• TheLinuxBug said: So I am replying here not because I have service, but because I just want to see if I understand this and this has been logically thought out:

So what your saying is that customer who invested into Crissic by adding funds to their account are basically going to lose money because they can no longer buy services from Crissic (as you are no longer selling them) and at the same time the customer can not transfer the funds to be used on the platform which you are replacing it with? Am I the only one who things this is kinda.... shady... ? Maybe I am missing something obvious here, if so, please fill me in.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Hello, we're working with this customer directly already.

Crissic customers can use existing account credit to renew existing services at Crissic. If any specific Crissic customer with account credit has a concern, please contact us and we would be happy to discuss.

• Infinity580 said: @SkylarM, Wait you call to be an employee in QuadraNet a upgrade instead of running your own Business?

When you run a crappy non-profitable company, yes it is surely an upgrade.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Francisco said: @jbiloh isn't wrong that there's more due in September, it's just that it isn't nearly as much as everyones hoping. There is just over 2 million addresses in the spare IANA pools, but that has to be split 5 ways, so ARIN will get the better part of a /13.

Francisco

I believe odds are pretty good that ARIN will receive a /12 or /13 in September(ish).

That said, though, I bet the entire allocation will be immediately utilized to fill waiting list approvals.

• I've been very happy with my Crissic yearly plan. I hope I will be able to renew it at the same price when the time comes, but I'm not going to rage about the injustice of it all if QuadraNet decides to change the pricing down the road. I'm struggling to understand why some people are taking pot shots at Skylar over his past because as far as I can tell this is hardly similar to what happened before, other than perhaps the complete lack of notification (which I have to admit I'm disappointed over). An acquisition is hardly the same as deadpooling and leaving all customers in the dust.

I wish Skylar the best of luck, and thanks for the smooth service up until now.

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited August 2015

@TheLinuxBug said:
    So what your saying is that customer who invested into Crissic by adding funds to their
    account are basically going to lose money because they can no longer buy services from > Crissic

Crissic no longer exists in the classical sense. Your money was given to Crissic proper, not Quadranet. My understanding is that Quadranet bought Crissisc assets, not liabilities. Assuming that is the case, it's quite common in the business world at large.

• @raza19 said:
    you know this all amounts to fraud, we can sugarcoat it & deem it is as almost acceptable business practice but its still a fraud, a long con.

Welcome to 21st C capitalism!

Thanked by 1thagoat
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Maounique said: It may not be possible at those prices, but it looks like people are migrating to ramnode already, so there may be no need to help anyone.

We do appreciate the transfers, but we are not able to match those prices on our gear. Hate turning anyone away, but I've had some people ask for large plans at below half of what we charge, even after 10% off. We're willing to consider special deals, just not that special :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2015

@apollo15 Would you seriously keep a company for 2 Years when you do crappy profit?

No, you would have sold it earlier.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Microlinux said:
    Crissic no longer exists in the classical sense. Your money was given to Crissic proper, not Quadranet. My understanding is that Quadranet bought Crissisc assets, not liabilities. Assuming that is the case, it's quite common in the business world at large.

My guess why the decision to not be able to transfer credit upset people is because there is no stock to order something new.
    Ponder this, someone has service with Crissic, adds a bunch of credit to make sure the invoices gets paid. Then for some reason the client cancels the service and saves the credit to buy something new on a later date. That is not possible anymore since stock is set to 0.

The money is still yours but you cant access or use it. If QN can work this out, it would put them in a better position.

• Im going back to ramnode again :)

But ram became too small, ramnode need to create new bigger company called elephant so all animal refugee can join.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @Infinity580 said:
    apollo15 Would you seriously keep a company for 2 Years when you do crappy profit?

In before NASA's lunar image hosting servers are acquired by a larger entity.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2015

Infinity580 said: Would you seriously keep a company for 2 Years when you do crappy profit?

Yes, specially if you are still generating value for a future sale. Plenty of LEB/LET hosts are generating crappy profits anyway. The latest Crissic offer here was just two weeks ago so intentions are pretty clear, no need to make it pretty.

He hoarded the assets and then sold, obviously didn't care about customers. Not the first to do so, not the last either. That's business, I suppose.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited August 2015

@mikho said:
    Ponder this, someone has service with Crissic, adds a bunch of credit to make sure the invoices gets paid. Then for some reason the client cancels the service and saves the credit to buy something new on a later date. That is not possible anymore since stock is set to 0.

Again (operating under the assumption this was an asset sale), it doesn't matter. That money was paid to the former owner of the company, not the new owner of the name.

I think the beef would be with the former owner. He sold the assets, but did't use the proceeds to satisfy the liabilities he acquired.

• I don't think the ARIN allocations are property of the company that has them, i.e. they are not assets that can be sold. He can't just sell the ARIN allocations and transfer them to another company. He has to keep the old company alive and keep paying the annual ARIN fees to be able to keep the IPs.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Microlinux said:
    I think the beef would be with the former owner. He sold the assets, but did't use the proceeds to satisfy the liabilities he acquired.

Since the company Crissic will be running under the wings of QN I don't think it was only the assets (IP and clients), it was the whole company.
    When adding funds for a service from a company you pay the money to thst company. Not the man behind the company. It will eventually get there but thats besides the case. The only time you pay the man behind the company is when the owner is operating as a Some Trader. Then the company and the man behind it is the same thing.

Business is never about ethics or moral, its about money.
    As a business owner if you start mixing emotions with how you run the business it will never be successful. Sure, you can have a handful of loyal customers but you will never grow.

My only concern is that I hope QN honors the credit added and if a refumd is not possible then some type of service can be offered in return.

• Totaly agreed with @mikho