Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NOT MY BUSSINES --- SSDVM Closing Down Doors - 01/12/2012 - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NOT MY BUSSINES --- SSDVM Closing Down Doors - 01/12/2012

13»

Comments

• Yes I agree with you kenshin and this is where ssd read cache comes handy. Storage and speed with a decent profit margin.

• Nick, I am pretty sure you have noticed the decline in your pure ssd plans. It is same as fighting against unlimited hosting. At the end of the day, your everyday user will go with eig.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited November 2012

@Taz said: Nick, I am pretty sure you have noticed the decline in your pure ssd plans. It is same as fighting against unlimited hosting. At the end of the day, your everyday user will go with eig.

Um. No? Where are you getting this stuff? "The decline" as if you have access to my billing system.

• Nobody is saying the MLC SSD drives are dying/worning out fast on high drive activity as each block of space has a limited lifetime.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Maounique said: I am betting SSDs will replace HDDs in a couple of years, they are already at similar prices with SAS2 ones.

Not unless there are 1TB SSDs available.

• Mm stop leasing and buy your own? 512gb costs from 4-600$. Same used to cost for tb drives back in days.

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited November 2012

@BronzeByte said: Warn your customers, not the people on LET (who don't know about your summer host)

If you give up due to school starting again you're a complete failure

Only winners drop out of school to run a budget VPS company!

• First host that's deadpooled that I've added to our site, was actually pretty impressed with their plans & performance. Shame it didn't take off, then again we always did call out the fact that they were reselling OVH.

• @Zetta

Or can just maintain it and not just give up along your school life

• @serverbear

It's easy to resell from OVH, buy a kimsufi, install software, GO!
    But now that IP pricing of OVH changed and also Kimsufi doesnt provide IPs and they took off the 24G it's not really interesting for cheap VPS anymore

• Their service is good though. :(

• sshVMsshVM Member
    edited December 2012

Had a plan of starting Cheap SSD based VPS from long time. Already had one cool domain for our KVM and XEN project, thought would start SSD with it. But later dropped plan about KVM and XEN.

Since, SSDVM name suits well for SSD based VPS thought why not just ask domain and template from former ssdVM owner. For about 2 weeks we exchanged few e-mails and finally we have purchased the domain (ssdVM.net) and template.

Please note that We are not responsible for any kind of loss occurred during previous management. We just took domain and template, No client info or WHMCS database taken.

We may just redirect this domain or start to offer SSD based VPS in same domain, we have not planned for it yet.

If Community members have any thoughts about domain, virtualization and new location, let us know.

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited December 2012

@sshVM said: If Community members have any thoughts about domain, virtualization and new location, let us know.

You must be kidding, that's up to the provider, do some research instead of buying a domain and make the community chew everything for you so you only hae to execute it -.-

PS:
    SSD = quite obvious
    VM = full virt (KVM or maybe even Xen HVM or VMWare or Hyper-V)

Funny that SSDVM did OpenVZ :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@Nick_A said: Funny that SSDVM did OpenVZ :)

I don't get it, what's funny about that? It's not "SSDKVM" so why not OpenVZ?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2012

@BronzeByte said: VM = full virt (KVM or maybe even Xen HVM or VMWare or Hyper-V)

Not really.
    VM = virtual machine
    (example of usage: HyperVM used by most OpenVZ and Xen hosts in past)

@rm_ said: I don't get it

They are new ;-)

• sshVMsshVM Member
    edited December 2012

@BronzeByte Yeh, just asking community members suggestion not chewing up. Btw, thanks for your thoughts about the domain name.

@rm_ said: I don't get it, what's funny about that? It's not "SSDKVM" so why not OpenVZ?

Read BronzeByte's comment above.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@Nick_A said: Read BronzeByte's comment above.

Read Spirit's comment above. :p

I was being facetious obviously.