Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who really prefers BitCoin? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who really prefers BitCoin?

13»

Comments

• BTC is not the future, it has too many problems. Some other crypto currency might be common in the future, but it will not be BTC.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @rds100, an common issue is 51% bug which is possible vulnerability in any decentralized network, maybe you can tell us other problems. Is not strictly about current brand.. BTC can be changed,updated,other. But the concept will be the same.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

One also wonders how value of BTC will be tranaferred to BTC v2 when it ia eventually invented :)

• @randvegeta, same blockchain with some updates? :-)

• @deadbeef said:
    Taxes are not voluntary. If there are people who are glad to pay them, that's great, they have my full support as it's their money. The problem starts when people are forced to pay taxes.

Paying for food, shelter and power is not voluntary either. Maybe it's totally fine for the State to use force when it comes to defending private companies though.

Taxation means that I work for someone else by force. If I don't pay work for the state, I get chains. If the plantation slave did not work for his master, he got chains (or worse).

When you pay tax you are not owned by the Government. You are not their property. They cannot buy or sell you to someone else. That is what slavery was. Simply not liking a particular aspect of your society that most people support does not make you a slave, and arguing that it does is ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure the vote on plantation states was pro-slavery.

I'm pretty sure slaves did not have the vote.

Your point is? Does human life depend on vote? That's all what a human is? Meat whose fate is decided by other blobs of meat?

Don't other blobs of meat operate private companies then? The point is if people are against paying taxes, why do they always elect parties that support taxation? What's your alternative idea? Ignore what the majority of people want, and do what makes a handful of people happy instead?

@Ole_Juul said:
    I always carry cash and I pay for stuff with what I call real money. Non reversible. I realize that I live in a society were people often "pay" for stuff with credit and I am sometimes obliged to do the same. That's not a real payment. That's a loan from one company to the other - neither of which is me. However, us fraudsters and scammers actually prefer to pay for stuff in an honest manner.

I was talking about fraudsters and scammers receiving Bitcoin, not spending it.

• @getvps for a global currency there would be thousands of transaction happening each second. BitCoin can't support that.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited August 2015

I dont' mind it and have made quite a bit from buying/selling them in the past however it's too unreliable and volatile to be mainstream useful.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited August 2015

LV426 said: No, reverse means being able to prevent a company ripping you off.

Yep you are right as buyer side, as for seller side you will stuck with it.

LV426 said: Bitcoin makes absolutely zero sense. For scammers, fraudsters and crooked businesses, irreversible transactions are the Holy Grail.

You are wrong. Do not buy from untrusted sites and persons and you are OK.

• I love Bitcoin

The only problem is still lack of method *getting Bitcoin. (Not talking about buying, but payout / rewards pays with Bitcoin)

• jhjh Member

I think it's a nice idea but too much hassle to convert and too risky with the volatile FX rates.