Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How would you like fully managed KVM with 1GB RAM, 10GB SSD, 500GB Traffic @ $7/month - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How would you like fully managed KVM with 1GB RAM, 10GB SSD, 500GB Traffic @ $7/month

13»

Comments

• @BronzeByte said: because I don't have time to maintain a VPS for websites.

Not sure if fully managed = maintained / kept updated

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2012

@twain said: Not sure if fully managed = maintained / kept updated

Isn't this described as pro-active monitoring or something close to that?

• I would jump right in. Good offer !

• @Ishaq said: 10GB is short for me, if that's not in your price range for $7, why don't you increase the price a bit and add more storage? even though it's SSD.. it runs out quick.

i'm running two personal websites on a 2gb machine.

• @JoeMerit said: Their names are completely irrelevant now, they were before your time.

@JoeMerit - I don't think you know since when I started doing this but it doesn't matter. Even better then, I don't think that anyone would have a problem if you list them, so please do.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2012

@marcm sometimes you act like complete idiot. Don't get me wrong, I don't try to insult you and I am not saying that you are idiot but you act like one. It's just silly insisting in something completely trivial which have nothing to do with thread and don't interest anyone just like you're doing whole time. For instance I am pretty sure that Joe was also QUICKVPS client and now.. does knowing this change anything at all? Will you bookmark this page just because you got answer? Sorry for my little rant but I rarely see so annoying personality as your is...

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited November 2012

@Spirit said: @marcm sometimes you act like complete idiot. Don't get me wrong, I don't try to insult you...

@Spirit - Yet that is exactly what you are doing.

• Fine! And I don't feel even bad when you're about :(

• gameongameon Member
    edited November 2012

@serverian bring them on . i would buy a couple , if not more.

• I'd roll out cached SSD instead. Still has good performance and does so at lower cost per gigabyte of storage.

• An interesting thing to try is 10k or 15k sas hdd with ssd cache :p

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

I don't want the provider to peck with their dirty hands inside my VPS. :p
    Unmanaged only.
    I would actively avoid services that are (or claim to be) managed, because that's paying for something I will never ever use.
    And "Fully managed" at $7 is just way too unrealistic to be sustainable.
    Last company I remember doing that was Hostrail.

• i'd dig 512mb + 1-2TB bandwidth instead.

• fanfan Veteran

Planning to offer HDD space over NAS, as well.

Cheap external storage plus fast SSD storage, nice idea.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@JoeMerit said: The problem I have is that I have purchased 2 or 3 low end boxes that had full management (its not why I bought them) and they all dead-pooled.

Right, how can they not deadpool if they're trying to couple "fully managed" with "rock bottom prices"?

• I wouldn't trust the server admins you find who are going to manage $7 VPSes. A skilled, experienced server admin costs a lot more than you would expect to bring in from $7 2 GB RAM VPSes.

• @rm_ said: I don't want the provider to peck with their dirty hands inside my VPS. :p

Unmanaged only.
    I would actively avoid services that are (or claim to be) managed, because that's paying for something I will never ever use.
    And "Fully managed" at $7 is just way too unrealistic to be sustainable.

all of this

• $7 for a 1GB KVM is a very competitive price, even without the management. Don't believe I have seem them that cheap.

• I got a LiquidHost for 48/year 1GB KVM