Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CVM VPS panel, screenshots, info, and request for suggestions - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CVM VPS panel, screenshots, info, and request for suggestions

13»

Comments

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2012

@AnthonySmith said: hmm that is a shame, another panel that does not correctly implement IPv6 :(

What would be "correctly" then?

@Raymii said: For testing, so that I don't need two machines. Not in a production environment.

Should just install the master on the same machine as the slave then, no need to do that in a VM :)

@Evixo said: I'm sorry, I was actually referring to KVM / Xen.

I see. Will add it to the to-do list.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@joepie91 said: and Debian

Love you :)

I would also want to test this at home, been deploying some OVZ since virtualbox on 800 Mhz i686 is a bit heavy and been playing with OVZ-open panel but it is not integrating well with my provider's IPv6.
    I would love to test something untested :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

In an ideal world you assign a /48 to the host node and rather than allocating xx amount of IP's per VPS you allocate a /64 or /112 per plan

All this random assignment of IPv6 is just madness :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said: All this random assignment of IPv6 is just madness :)

I agree random allocation is a problem, I recently had to fight with it at prometeus and still ongoing at home. Maybe something like allocating something linked to the mac and alternate means in OVZ's venet.

@AnthonySmith said: In an ideal world you assign a /48 to the host node and rather than allocating xx amount of IP's per VPS you allocate a /64 or /112 per plan

All this random assignment of IPv6 is just madness :)

Yes, that would be

@joepie91 said: Specified range (either in CIDR notation, or dash-separated, or comma-separated)

:)

• @joepie91 said: Should just install the master on the same machine as the slave then, no need to do that in a VM :)

Many run their master on either a dedicated server or VPS, why would you want customers on your master? DDoS against the master, no customers affected if it is null routed for a time if it lives alone. Give me time and I bet I can think up more reasons ;) But I have always run my master in a VPS

@miTgiB said: Many run their master on either a dedicated server or VPS, why would you want customers on your master? DDoS against the master, no customers affected if it is null routed for a time if it lives alone. Give me time and I bet I can think up more reasons ;) But I have always run my master in a VPS

Of course, but if someone just wants to use it for personal use or testing, running the master and slave on the same server is the saner option. CVM should support that fine (have to make one last change to facilitate it).

• @AnthonySmith said: In an ideal world you assign a /48 to the host node and rather than allocating xx amount of IP's per VPS you allocate a /64 or /112 per plan

this is a nice idea, a /48 is too much for a single node, but some other subnet value so if this idea is looked into, maybe an adjustable subnet size in the IP pool. If I can simply route a /48 or whatever to a node, then have the pool assign a /64 to each container, that would be very nice.

@miTgiB indeed and very much a huge miss from ALL available management panels right now.

• @AnthonySmith said: huge miss from ALL available management panels right now.

OnApp? I know this type of thing is also doable in WebSitePanel for Hyper-V. Also, I am a bit confused for a good solution for bridged networks, do I need to bind a bazillion subnets in my router?

OnApp does not support this, either that or the sales ticket person had no idea wtf I was talking about, and website panel breaks as soon as you look at it.

• @AnthonySmith said: or the sales ticket person had no idea wtf

This, come on, you are old enough to know sales people have no clue.

I will probe further, OnApp is probably complete overkill though.

• @joepie91 said: Should just install the master on the same machine as the slave then, no need to do that in a VM :)

Are the master and slave able to be installed on the same machine? They do not conflict with one another?

@Raymii said: Are the master and slave able to be installed on the same machine? They do not conflict with one another?

Nope. Neither installer assumes a clean system (as opposed to SolusVM, which literally requires it). They should leave anything that already lives on the server intact, and just modify/install what they need.