Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soyoustart hardware support - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Soyoustart hardware support

2»

Comments

• zamotcrzamotcr Member
    edited August 2015

I am loving Online.net so far. Good panel, and it's amazing to have KVM included in case I need to troubleshoot or use custom ISOs.

The only thing is the network, I get higher latency, a difference of 40ms compared to OVH. Still, 200ms from France to Costa Rica is not that bad.

Online.net:

$ ping -c 5 62.210.xx.xx

PING 62.210.xx.xx (62.210.xx.xx): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 62.210.xx.xx: icmp_seq=0 ttl=43 time=202.108 ms

64 bytes from 62.210.xx.xx: icmp_seq=1 ttl=43 time=202.769 ms

64 bytes from 62.210.xx.xx: icmp_seq=2 ttl=43 time=202.457 ms

64 bytes from 62.210.xx.xx: icmp_seq=3 ttl=43 time=203.826 ms

64 bytes from 62.210.xx.xx: icmp_seq=4 ttl=43 time=206.484 ms

--- 62.210.xx.xx ping statistics ---

5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0.0% packet loss

round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 202.108/203.529/206.484/1.585 ms

SoYouStart:

$ ping -c 5 188.165.xx.xx

PING 188.165.xx.xx (188.165.xx.xx): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 188.165.xx.xx: icmp_seq=0 ttl=50 time=164.386 ms

64 bytes from 188.165.xx.xx: icmp_seq=1 ttl=50 time=160.269 ms

64 bytes from 188.165.xx.xx: icmp_seq=2 ttl=50 time=172.243 ms

64 bytes from 188.165.xx.xx: icmp_seq=3 ttl=50 time=160.465 ms

64 bytes from 188.165.xx.xx: icmp_seq=4 ttl=50 time=160.070 ms

--- 188.165.xx.xx ping statistics ---

5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0.0% packet loss

round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 160.070/163.487/172.243/4.661 ms

• They replaced the defect hard drive within like an hour after they read my ticket, and did a OS installation after that.

Pretty impressive.

However it took them 3 weeks to read my ticket.

Thanked by 24n0nx Clouvider
  • LOL

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • Wondering if there's any provider like Online.net but in US or Canada...

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@zamotcr said:
    Wondering if there's any provider like Online.net but in US or Canada...

Yes, but more expensive than SYS or Entry Online...

• Who are this still in LEB price range but still more expensive to Online or SYS? At least with good reputation?

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

cougth Colocrossing?

• What about ReliableSite, Datashack, Dacentec? Any input on them?

• @zamotcr said:
    What about ReliableSite, Datashack, Dacentec? Any input on them?

ReliableSite is a first class experience all the way. I've had a server that I was debating renewing with them due to it being an annual payment but that server has had no downtime in a year and I've had only excellent experiences with support.

Average of 10 minute replies to 30 mins max. They actually are in the facility so can swap your hardware no problems.

Dacentec are good too but a few of us have noticed outbound traffic being shaped. (As bad as 5Mbps upload after approximately 30 seconds)

I only use their services for backup so it doesn't actually affect me... yet. Two other people I know were using it as backup and as a server and both had outbound traffic being shaped.

Support is quick to respond usually.

Datashack uses the WholeSale Internet facility. My friend had an awful experience at Wholesale Internet basically drives failed in his server and they replaced it with a failing drive. Perhaps he can tell you more @hawc

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Datashack/WholeSale internet are the worlds most incompetent provider. So incompetent that they didn't even respond to PayPal who contacted them twice during my dispute. Their support was very fast initially but then dropped off like a cliff. They ended up taking the server down 3 times for something that should have been done in one downtime, and still left me with a server that I wouldn't let my worst enemy store data on. However, the 3 times that my OS had to be reinstalled due to their incompetency it was done very fast, and free. However, they really shouldn't have had to do that at all.

Their panel is very basic, and most things are carried out by ticket. When I needed my server hard rebooting, I had to put a ticket in and get them to do it.

Finally, avoid WholesaleInternet/Datashack like the plague

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed
  • well, you expect vps-like support in a bare metal server, this is absolutely impossible.

• @lewissue said:
    well, you expect vps-like support in a bare metal server, this is absolutely impossible.

All he is asking for is prompt hardware replacements. How is that impossible to offer? I know for a fact that ReliableSite would of replaced any faulty hardware within an hour.

I don't see how that's too much to ask when you pay the price premium for it...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

IThinkUFailed said: when you pay the price premium for it

That is the key.

• you see, a vps provider can fix his server remotely, so when he is in his granny's house, he can directly work on it

but a dedicated provider can not. he isn't sitting in server room for his whole day

I'm not a dedicated provider, I just hope you to consider a bit for them:)

• @lewissue said:
    I'm not a dedicated provider, I just hope you to consider a bit for them:)

ReliableSite are in the DC 24/7 as are OVH (SoYouStart/Kimsufi) so your point about them fixing it remotely is completely irrelevant. He was asking in regards to HARDWARE not software. In which case a faulty hardware item would be replaced and as both providers man the DC 24/7 that should be fairly quick.

Also if a hardware fault occurs the VPS provider cannot fix that remotely.

@Maounique said:
    That is the key.

SoYouStart's premiun is for increased support and better hardware support so that's why I'd say you pay the price premium although not much more than their Kimsufi range really.

I won't speak for Datashack as I'm not 100% certain on their DC.

• lewissuelewissue Member
    edited August 2015

@IThinkUFailed

well, maybe, but as I told by my friend, OVH(and its divisions) isn't working 24/7.

and this is really not premium. so you start is dirt cheap, and as I calculated, it has the best spec/price rate among ovh divisions

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

IThinkUFailed said: SoYouStart's premiun is for increased support

I would not put it that way, here we have a few discounted brands, KS and SYS, one more discounted than the other. A smaller discount does not constitute a premium, a business subscription or whatever they call it, that is a premium.

• @lewissue said:
    IThinkUFailed

well, maybe, but as I told by my friend, OVH isn't working 24/7.

https://www.ovh.co.uk/aboutus/datacentres.xml

"Technicians on site 24/7" do you think they would pay them to be there and not work?

• IThinkUFailed said: do you think they would pay them to be there and not work?

But of course, this is France after all :) Just kidding.

• @IThinkUFailed said:
    "Technicians on site 24/7" do you think they would pay them to be there and not work?

may be they paid them for not working :p

• @lewissue said:
    may be they paid them for not working :p

Please stop trolling and being a complete fucking moron. Nobody finds your posts useful or funny. Try contributing to the discussion like the rest of us have.

OP if you want any more info on reliablesite I'd be glad to help you. My server is in their NY Metro facility for reference.