Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soyoustart hardware support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Soyoustart hardware support

I got one server from Soyoustart. To be honest I didn't read all the bad reputation around their support.

I can manage the server alone without needing them. But I am worry about if I get a hardware issue.

Are they slow and bad fixing or repairing hardware issues, for example a PSU or a Hard Drive? How is SYS hardware support compared to Online.net?

According to their site, they take 2 hours to repair, but it is real?

Comments

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Up to 2 hours.

Always take under 15 minutes for me, on any of their brand.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@davidgestiondbi said:
    Up to 2 hours.

Since they read your ticket, which might be after a week ;). Unless that's one of the issues that will be automatically picked up by their system.

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    Up to 2 hours.

That's because if my VM is down I shout at you. Then you shout at OVH with me. :P

Thanked by 1gestiondbi

@Clouvider For emergency, open a ticket, and then call. Immediate response and repair.

@TinyTunnel_Tom For sure! And I love when you call my extension and say wierd... creppy also message :P You remember the end of MTL01? :P

• Interesting lol so they are slow too with hardware fixes. I thought at beginning that they were slow helping people with software related thing.

And what about phone support, does it speed things up, like a HDD replacement?

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    Clouvider For emergency, open a ticket, and then call. Immediate response and repair.

TinyTunnel_Tom For sure! And I love when you call my extension and say wierd... creppy also message :P You remember the end of MTL01? :P

FROZEN LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOOO LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOOO CAN'T HOLD IT BACK ANYMOOOOOOOOORE

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    Clouvider For emergency, open a ticket, and then call. Immediate response and repair.

TinyTunnel_Tom For sure! And I love when you call my extension and say wierd... creppy also message :P You remember the end of MTL01? :P

Are you using Soyoustart or OVH?
    The way you describe it, does not sounds bad at all.

• For anyone who is confused at this moment. The death of DNS MTL01 was celebrated by singing let it go from frozen. It was an eventful skype call.

@zamotcr said:
    Interesting lol so they are slow too with hardware fixes. I thought at beginning that they were slow helping people with software related thing.

And what about phone support, does it speed things up, like a HDD replacement?

Like I said in my last reply. No wait. Immediate take in charge.

edited August 2015

@zamotcr I use all their brands. Got the same hardware support on all of them. Even my Kimsufi PWS have been replaced in approx 10 minutes.

Thanked by 1zamotcr
  • Well, does not seems that bad.
    Can't understand then why the hate to them. As you describe it, makes me want to stay instead of switching to somewhere else like Online.net.

Any other suggestion to take most of their support in case of any emergency?
    I just don't want to wait a month to get a hard drive replaced lol

@zamotcr Like I said, Open a ticket first, then you call them. If you didn't open a ticket, don't expect them to help you fast. People cry about them most often because they ask for software or OS configuration. For hardware or networking issue, with good details in the ticket, you get no issue and they are really helpfull.

Thanked by 1zamotcr
  • Also heard they can take back all 16 ip's they are offering, that OVH did it in the past, and that they change the TOS all the time. I read a lot of love, and a lot of hate.

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    zamotcr Like I said, Open a ticket first, then you call them. If you didn't open a ticket, don't expect them to help you fast. People cry about them most often because they ask for software or OS configuration. For hardware or networking issue, with good details in the ticket, you get no issue and they are really helpfull.

Thank you! I was concerned with all the hate I read. Concerned that in a future, a drive or PSU dies, and nobody looks at it.
    But seems good! I know online.net may be better, but they only offer 1 ip. I hope OVH does not change his mind with the 16 ip's and take them back (like some people claimed they did in the past).

It is not because you fell once, that you will always fall at the same place ....

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    It is not because you fell once, that you will always fall at the same place ....

True! Well, I think I will keep the server then.
    Seems your experience has been good. Good to hear.

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited August 2015

@davidgestiondbi said:

You fall once then you sleep there for a night.

• @zamotcr said:
    Well, does not seems that bad.
    Can't understand then why the hate to them. As you describe it, makes me want to stay instead of switching to somewhere else like Online.net.

If you care about support, online.net is not for you. Just sayin'.

• @Snape said:

I am not looking for support, just hardware support, in case of failure. I heard from several people Online.net has definetely better support than SYS/KS.

• I had an Atom (...which took ten days to be setup...) at online.net for six months that then had a motherboard failure. They strung me along for nearly two weeks with "we're looking into this" and "I'm checking on it", and then I canceled. Two months later (quarterly billing, sigh...) the mobo still hadn't been replaced, and then they insisted they hadn't received my cancellation request and wanted payment for another quarter...

French "customer service" at its finest. /s

• @Snape said:
    I had an Atom (...which took ten days to be setup...) at online.net for six months that then had a motherboard failure. They strung me along for nearly two weeks with "we're looking into this" and "I'm checking on it", and then I canceled. Two months later (quarterly billing, sigh...) the mobo still hadn't been replaced, and then they insisted they hadn't received my cancellation request and wanted payment for another quarter...

French "customer service" at its finest. /s

Which provider do you use now?
    Between SYS and Online.net, which one do you prefer?

• SadySady Member

Since its realted to sys, so can someone of you can post benchmark & speedtest-cli result of both of their locations?

• SadySady Member

@zamotcr said:
    I am not looking for support, just hardware support, in case of failure. I heard from several people Online.net has definetely better support than SYS/KS.

It got a bit complicated to let them understand that I had already made backups but once they did, they allowed me a button & after clicking that, I was given a totally new node automatically with new IP.

• @Sady said:
    Since its realted to sys, so can someone of you can post benchmark & speedtest-cli result of both of their locations?
    @Sady said:

I have one of them. I am using one in Europe, using US account. Trying to see if I can get one with an European account, seems cheaper.

But I am more concerned with hardware replacement time. So far one user reported to be quick if you create the ticket well documented and call them immediately. Would like to get more opinions.

• @zamotcr said:
    Which provider do you use now? Between SYS and Online.net, which one do you prefer?

My cheap storage needs are now met by a dedi at Ikoula, and one with Delimiter, plus object storage at a bunch of places... including, unfortunately, Scaleway, online.net's ARM cloud brand. (They're stupidly cheap for object storage, 1 eurocent/GB/mo.) Ikoula have been pretty good to deal with so far, knock on wood, and Delimiter are a thousand times more pleasant to deal with than any French company, lol.

I've had no complaints with the actual products(*) delivered by online.net or OVH in their various guises, but their gallic ideas of "customer service" both make the average scammy summerhost look amazing by comparison. Online.net support are worse than OVH's, but OVH likes to cancel customers' accounts for the hell of it, so, y'know, it's kind of a draw.

(*: I feel compelled to point out that OVH's Runabove "cloud" brand misrepresents their object storage in a pretty scummy way. But their cheap servers mostly work, and are cheap.)

Thanked by 2Maounique MarkTurner
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2015

@Snape said:

I mostly agree with you, except that i am maybe biased against OVH and in favour of online because OVH never accepted me as customer (although I had access by taking care of different products other people had) while with online I have an almost free (for the traffic) kidechire which works great since i got it.
    Besides, the devil you know is always better, because OVH you cannot know, even if you are a customer for years, except that they will keep changing and reworking ToS/AUP and not keep their word.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2015

Snape said: I had an Atom (...which took ten days to be setup...) at online.net for six months that then had a motherboard failure.

Snape said: (quarterly billing, sigh...) the mobo still hadn't been replaced, and then they insisted they hadn't received my cancellation request and wanted payment for another quarter...

Funny how trolls like you make shit up on the spot, given Online.net does not offer neither any Atom-based servers, nor quarterly billing. And look @zamotcr already took the bait and is almost taking you seriously, even asking some questions!

• SadySady Member

@rm_ said:
    Funny how trolls like you make shit up on the spot, given Online.net does not offer neither any Atom-based servers, nor quarterly billing. And look zamotcr already took the bait and is almost taking you seriously, even asking some questions!

They do offer C270 but neither they offer quarter payment & nor takes 10 days to set up.

• I would say: HW support upon request is a nightmare. But their internal system of replacing broken PSU's etc. is quite fast. My machine went down and came back online after about 30 mins. Turned out they had replaced the PSU. Not bad.

Howeverrrrr....... I'm experiencing already for 3 weeks major networking issues. On one of my machines over there. I had to prove SYS many many times that it was on their side, and not on the remote machines. Parallel measurements from all machines towards the same destination and just 1 server not performing well...

Anyway, case is still going and I'm leaving. Hence I'm looking for the perfect machine for a while already. I'm done with SYS. Phone support isn't that much helpful neither. Yes, they're friendly but that's it. Can't say it's their fault however as the guy on the phone told me many times that he didn't even get replies from the french techs....

• @rm_ said:
    Funny how trolls like you make shit up on the spot, given Online.net does not offer neither any Atom-based servers, nor quarterly billing. And look zamotcr already took the bait and is almost taking you seriously, even asking some questions!

I decided to grab a Dedibox Classic 2015, and I will cancel SYS. I opened a ticket yesterday with Online.net to ask a few things and they took less than two hours to answer! Server took 4 minutes to be ready. While SYS took 4 days with all approvals crap.

@rm_ what's your experience with Online.net?

Thanked by 1Maounique