Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you monitor the Uptime of your LEBs? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you monitor the Uptime of your LEBs?

2»

Comments

• Nagios

aNag on my Android phone to connect to my Nagios instances and I get alerts on my phone via this mobile app if something goes wrong. When you get woke up in the middle of the night to 4 vibrates of your phone to indicate something went down, you really know who is a 100% uptime provider.

I have dedicated servers and customers on VPS servers I monitor.

• Uninterested in having my nap interrupted at 4AM, so I'll pass on that.

Besides, why would you operate a one man shop if that really was that important to you? There should be other people around to take care of things when you aren't around.

• I'm using uptime robot as well, using keyword checking to make sure DB is working as well.

• My two most important ones host sites with pretty active communities with people online 24/7, so if those go down, they just blow up my /msg window on IRC. I use OpenStatus 2 for monitoring the rest, and backup monitoring of those two important ones.

• @KuJoe said: If you're paying for monitoring I really recommend checking out NodePing, for the price you can't beat it and it's more accurate than any other monitor I've paid for.

I thought they were $15/month for unlimited checks a few days ago, but now I'm checking they have new pricing:
    $8/month for 5 monitors
    $15/month for 200 monitors
    $50/month for 200 monitors + voice notifications (for providers)