Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for shared hosting in Russia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for shared hosting in Russia

I'm looking for a company that offers shared hosting plans in Russia, is lenient on free speech content, accepts adult content and offers Paypal as a payment option. Their site has to have an English version too cause I don't know the Russian language.

Comments

• Now I'm curious, are there hosts in Russia that are notoriously 'not lenient' on free speech? I ask having never tried a Russian web host and with almost no knowledge on the subject.

I understand it's not quite a paradise of free expression there yet, but we're a little beyond the samizdat days, I would think. Plus, don't they ignore DMCA requests?

Thanked by 1cnly1987
  • I don't think that generally speaking it's the host you need to worry about. It's whether or not some rights organization or nasty individual is after you or not. Also, not everybody thinks (or needs to act as if) the US is their boss.

I found this on one site: "The DMCA is a U.S. law aimed at U.S. hosts. If the site is hosted in a country outside the U.S., the law doesn’t apply and, nor do the stock letters. This doesn’t refer to where the infringer is, but where the server itself is located."

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited July 2015

Yeah, I was generally equating 'ignores DMCA' to 'heightened freedom of speech' without applying any moral judgement.

I know hosts outside of the USA don't have to acquiesce to DMCA buffaloing. What I meant was there's a difference between outright ignoring the request and forwarding it to a client.

• I suspect that a DMCA request will just get binned in countries where they carry no legal weight. In fact I doubt you could find one Russian provider who's got the time for such extracurricular activity. Somebody who sends a DMCA request to a Russian provider has no idea what they're doing and wouldn't be taken seriously. Perhaps there are some Russians here who can tell us just how high they jump when someone in the USA sends them a DMCA notice. Here, I'll give you the link where I got the above quote. It's an educational site:
    Top 5 DMCA Mistakes. There's other documentation out there which details the ineffectiveness of US law in Russia.

• ProfforgProfforg Member
    edited July 2015

Hi.

There are no way to ignore DMCA or abuses in Russia. All providers follow (however many can simply miss them because they are so bad that even don't monitor e-mails). Even if they don't need to follow DMCA by law, they are afraid of DDoS or public insults and simply shut down the service even if it's not a real abuse. (You may compare it to Hetzner crazyness)

According to other topic you create, i assume that you don't particulary need Russia, but search for ability to host your website(s) safely without abuses. That's possible with care. Perhaps i can help you with it. I have an experience to host Online Movies website, security/hacks forum and political media in Europe for few years. Reality with such websites is hard, there are no way to completely "disable" abuses, however with pre-thinked infrastructure and reserve ways, it's possible to host such websites without downtime and without often abuses. Let me know if you are interested, you can start by simply pm me your website url.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

They are only lenient as long as you don't insult their dictator great leader Putin.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

4n0nx said: 4n0nx

There only two ways, dictator or sucker

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • Profforg said: There are no way to ignore DMCA or abuses in Russia. All providers follow

Not true at all - Wahome, 2x4, Anders and many others don't give a single sh*t about any DMCA or EUCD.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Steve111 said: Their site has to have an English version too cause I don't know the Russian language.

Many Russian hosts have ISP manager as control panel, can be switched to English easy from start, no need know Russian or use translator.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2015

fitvpn said: Many Russian hosts have ISP manager as control panel

The problem is, it will be squarely the crappier ones, which still run this ugly unusable antiquated POS.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

In Russia, shared hosting looks for you!

Sorry. Couldn't resist. I'll go back to my seat now.

Thanked by 24n0nx TheKiller
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member

rm_ said: The problem is, it will be squarely the crappier ones, which still run this ugly unusable antiquated POS.

Indeed, but ISP manager more flexible than other CP. User can manually delete VPS from control panel if do not want to extend for example, which control panel offer that? And much more.

fitvpn said: User can manually delete VPS from control panel if do not want to extend for example, which control panel offer that?

DO/Vultr/Linode panels, and dozens of their clones.

If you mean off-the-shelf generic panels, then for example OpenStack/CloudStack related ones, used by RunAbove and Ikoula.

• @Ole_Juul said:
    I suspect that a DMCA request will just get binned in countries where they carry no legal weight. In fact I doubt you could find one Russian provider who's got the time for such extracurricular activity.

I understand that. I meant those to whom DMCA notices do not apply may still be interested in knowing that a request had been sent to them, regardless of how juridically meaningless it may be.

Somebody who sends a DMCA request to a Russian provider has no idea what they're doing and wouldn't be taken seriously.

Right, but it could still be considered a courtesy to forward it to the client for the sake of their knowledge, even if the request has no effect.

• @HostNun but the DMCA notice does not go to the ISP. It goes to the court, and only then is it passed on. Assuming it passes that hurdle then Russia’s Federal Service for Supervision in the Sphere of Telecom, Information Technologies, and Mass Communication (Roskomnadzor) has three days to inform the Internet service provider of copyright infringement. At least that's how I read it. A courtesy on the part of the ISP is not the issue here. I'm guessing that in most cases the ISP doesn't even get anything because the complainer either doesn't understand the process, or doesn't want to go to all that trouble.

• Steve111Steve111 Member
    edited July 2015

@fitvpn said:

I would rather have cPanel...

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

Like other countries, there is content filtering in Russia. The major Russian ISPs are expected to block access to sites that promote drugs, weapons or any other content that create tensions to the government departments. Sites can also be censored though court orders. You can refer to https://antizapret.info/

As mentioned, Roskomnadzor is responsible.

The DMCA is a regulation that normally applies to internet service providers in the United States. There are copyright laws in other countries, which may be loosely defined and have a different name. Providers that have infrastructure/physical business presence outside of USA are not obliged to follow DMCA - it will be their sole decision on how content is handled.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

This nice offer - https://binghost.ru/en/

Also cheap bundles - https://binghost.ru/en/mikro-khosting

Site fully in English, but same ISP Manager control panel

Steve111 said: I would rather have cPanel...

If you prefer cPanel go with @deployvm :)

edited July 2015

khosting, Carl! One would think if they were making an /en/ URL, a logical thing to do would be to call it "/en/micro-hosting", and not this.

Also, since a long ago I came to a conclusion that shared hosting is just unversally crap.
    Dunno if just in Russia or in general, but it tends to be oversold an order of magnitude greater than VPSes (until the point everything just crawls), and have much much more reliability issues.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

rm_ said: rm

Try idealhosting.ru

alexvolk said: alexvolk

Probably you noticed for registration need fill up strange online form with passport data only in Russian, than they may ask for upload ID for non Russian person

• @fitvpn what you've expected from reputable russian company? They're not kids, a lot of goverment sites hosted with them.

Quote from their panel: "We don't hide our identity thus you're forced to give your information so in case of issues with court/police we will not be responsible for your activities".

24video is hosted with them though.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

rm_ said: Also, since a long ago I came to a conclusion that shared hosting is just unversally crap.

Yeah, you never know if their limits are high enough to support your site (file size, post limit, php modules, hourly database connections...). It annoyed me so much I didn't stick with it for long but got into the whole VPS thing.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited July 2015

alexvolk said: alexvolk

That all what they said..

4n0nx said: 4n0nx

Personally if need host site or email prefer shared hosting.No need worry about upgrades, maintenance etc, just save a lot of time. Polish also save money with quality shared hosting :) If need everything else, VPS better solution.

edited July 2015

fitvpn said: if need host site or email

fitvpn said: save a lot of time.

fitvpn said: save a lot of time

fitvpn said: of time.

Soooooooo, did you have to migrate 30-50 mailboxes from one shared hosting to an entirely different one yet?
    With VPS you just tar+bzip your whole VPS which runs the mail server and unpack at the new place. With shared hosting you need to manually recreate everything in a different control panel and then carefully ensure you did not miss anything or made any mistake.

Thanked by 24n0nx alexvolk
  • tgk76tgk76 Member

regarding DMCA in RU - no one will ever care, only local copyright holder could enforce up to site ban via government agency. If you have any questions regarding it - you may ask me. Russians cares only about local content and abuses, foreigners stuff are not an issue.
    We provide small VPS from 7 EUR in RUSSA and will do shared hosting soon if you need some.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited July 2015

rm_ said: rm_

I don't need all these thing you describe, so it works just fine for me :) Never migrate, just drop or re-register

• @Ole_Juul said:
    HostNun but the DMCA notice does not go to the ISP. It goes to the court, and only then is it passed on. . . . A courtesy on the part of the ISP is not the issue here. I'm guessing that in most cases the ISP doesn't even get anything because the complainer either doesn't understand the process, or doesn't want to go to all that trouble.

Oh. Well, I don't know the procedure as I've never involved myself in it. Any DMCA request I've ever received for a client's account (not many) was forwarded to me from the ISP.

• Steve111Steve111 Member
    edited August 2015

@tgk76 said:
    regarding DMCA in RU - no one will ever care, only local copyright holder could enforce up to site ban via government agency. If you have any questions regarding it - you may ask me. Russians cares only about local content and abuses, foreigners stuff are not an issue.
    We provide small VPS from 7 EUR in RUSSA and will do shared hosting soon if you need some.

For some reason, your website doesn't load from any American IP of my VPN.