Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS in India wanted - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS in India wanted

Comments

• NexusNexus Member
    edited November 2012

I was tagging you because don't you market some % of the indian market? This could be a potential client no? :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

It is always sad when in your own country hosting is more expensive than abroad and it is really terrible when international bw is cheaper than national one !
    I mean, in romania I can understand higher prices for hosting, after all, hw is more expensive here since it is brought via germany most of the time, but everything else must be cheaper, from workforce (a big chunk in price, usually), to local bw (multiple peerings and NXes in most big cities).
    Yet, only recently BW here came to a low price, and even tho the price fell off the cliff in the last couple of years, many DCs are selling much more expensive the BW than external DCs. It is ridiculous to offer 100 GBs traffic for expensive rented servers on 10 mbps.
    Hopefully this is about to change, the things are changing and soon India/China will have a very good infrastructure, probably better than Romania and eastern Europe has now.

• The major problem with almost all kinds of ISP in India is that the bandwidth is low, and price is toooooo high, with no unlimited option in max cases(like 80-90% times).
    And the FDU is also like very low like 10-15 GB @ upto 3-4 Mbps speed(In case of Wireless) and slightly better in case of Wired. And support in case of speed fluctuation is also nothing to say as Wowor or even Gr8!!

I don't think the infrastructure is really poor,but utilization is............
    Bandwidth prices are really high.
    So, you don't find renowned or popular data centers in our country.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited November 2012

@MikeIn don't worry, bulk bandwidth price will come down if there is competition. It will probably never be as cheap as in USA or Germany for instance, but will be a lot cheaper in just a few years.

• I seriously hope so, but at this point it don't looks that the bandwidth price will come down in the next 2 yrs atleast, also the per IP price is also high. Willing to see some more Dec. 3G prices,as 4G will be covered in larger area by 2013.

Anyhow where are you from (country) @rds100 and @DewlanceVPS.
    Also does any one have any idea wheter EU /USA has a better ping speed from India or is it Australia.

• @MikeIn I'm from Bulgaria. 10 years ago we used to buy bandwidth through satellite at prices greater than $1000 per Mbps of one way bandwidth.
    Now you can buy a good mix international bandwidth for about $3000-$4000 per gigabit, which is still much more than what you would pay in Amsterdam or Frankfurt, but many many times cheaper than what it used to be 10 years ago.

• MikeInMikeIn Member
    edited November 2012

Ya true. I think we are yet few yrs away from from a real good 25-50mbps plan.
    As far as it looks to me in few yrs in our country the wired plan are not improved much as it could have.
    @rds100 Also $3000-$4000 per gigabit is yet high I think but yet a lot time cheaper as it was 10 yrs ago.

• There is too much corruption in India for the price to come down quickly. Look at the 3g spectrum scams. Puts other countries to shame.

The other issue is that India has limited international capacity. Even if you buy bandwidth in country you can expect rush hour problems and slow speeds to the EU/US depending on the path and time of day.

Tata and Bharti also regularly have country wide outages. (We won't speak of BSNL incompetence) and India has also recently started censoring/blocking sites they don't like completely.

• @unused said: Look at the 3g spectrum scams.

@unused
    Sorry but its 2G only, and ya outages are there and I don't know why they happens with such big co.

@unused said: India has also recently started censoring/blocking sites they don't like completely.

The ruling party is not liked by me at-least, they sometimes behaves like we are living in some kind of non democratic country.

Anyhow @unused are you from India?

• @MikeIn said: Anyhow @unused are you from India?

Nope, but I do spend time in India each year as I travel

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2012

@unused said: There is too much corruption in India for the price to come down quickly. Look at the 3g spectrum scams. Puts other countries to shame.

3g or 2g?

India has also recently started censoring/blocking sites they don't like completely.

Its a easy to block file-sharing sites in India because of India does not support piracy,etc.

• Have you checked ideastack? They often post offers at WHT, have Linux, Windows and SSD vps.

• @natcoweb said: Have you checked ideastack? They often post offers at WHT, have Linux, Windows and SSD vps.

Never used them . cant find any reliable review . looks like they just post offers in WHT & don't engage in discussions nor reply to their own posts. But yeah i was fairly surprised to see an SSD VPS offer , and somehow the pricing is too good to be true.

Edit : a search on WHT lead me to this > webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1122850

You can't get a good vps in India.

Search in google "india internet problem" and you will get 1,310,000,000 results

• If ping speed is not priority then purchase a VPS in Japan
  • You can't get a good vps in India.

Search in google "india internet problem" and you will get 1,310,000,000 results

You are the first one

• @DewlanceVPS said: You can't get a good vps in India.

Sure you can. Just not at LET prices, and you shouldn't expect great connectivity outside of India due to ongoing international capacity issues.

• gameongameon Member
    edited November 2012

@DewlanceVPS said: You can't get a good vps in India.

Not everyone is operating services as you do , fyi There are GOOD providers in india too

@unused said: Sure you can. Just not at LET prices, and you shouldn't expect great connectivity outside of India due to ongoing international capacity issues.

I would have to agree on that , as i have stated before i've found instacompute to be very good & their DC is based in Bombay (west coast) . I recently signed up with vr.org (east coast) and even they are amazing (except for a couple of idiotic indian support staff who would jump-in on your ticket without even having a proper understanding on the query and every-time i have to request it to be transferred to someone from US )

@Taz said: You can't get a good vps in India.

You are the first one

this !

• Just get a bunch of test IPs and start pinging for hours :) and you will see which one is may be your future VPS provider.

• @gameon said: (except for a couple of idiotic indian support staff who would jump-in on your ticket without even having a proper understanding on the query and every-time i have to request it to be transferred to someone from US )

ROFL. Maybe you need non-indians to provide adaquate support in India!

• gameongameon Member
    edited November 2012

@unused said: ROFL. Maybe you need non-indians to provide adaquate support in India!

Am not generalizing , still the sad story is every other person offering out of the Sky Dedi/VPS/Cloud service in india (albeit indian support guys) are blabber mouths who jump the gun as if they are the forefathers of IT and when you start getting deep into technical queries all of a sudden there will be complete silence & no logical response. They will even mis-guide to the core and you will end up cursing on why you burnt your pockets for this crap service in the first place. in simple language lot of Dewlance clones :(

it might just be me , still at any day i would prefer someone who has actually seen a server/worked on it with passion , for getting help on things than a complete idiot who would be a paper professional working from home/sweatshop firms giving canned responses , looking just at filling their pockets rather standing by commitment to client and providing quality service of min standard.

@gameon said: Dewlance clones :(

What do you mean by dewlance clone? :grrrr:

• gameongameon Member
    edited November 2012

@DewlanceVPS said: What do you mean by dewlance clone? :grrrr:

This ! > forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?46866-Lock-Payment-method-Skip-fraud-check-for-selected-payment-method

Apologies for de-railing from topic

edited November 2012

@gameon said: Apologies for de-railing from topic

So what is your point? (Reply me in "the cest pit" thread)

@Jack

Thanks mate.

• @gameon said: Apologies for de-railing from topic

That is for other esteemed members of LET who've contributed to OP's query/topic and is not at all to you !

• @DewlanceVPS said: So what is your point? (Reply me in "the cest pit" thread)

i really don't have anything to tell you or reply ! if you can't get the point , STFU and move on . don;t want to waste my time/bandwidth on you.

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited November 2012

Thanks to everyone. It appears vr.org and esds.co.in/vlite-vps-hosting.php may be the best options for affordable VPS in India. Not exactly cheap by LEB standards, but appear to be the best value for India.

Now I know that most low-cost VPS providers in India just are not reliable, and in my opinion, a waste of money. Next time I see a new India VPS deal, I will make sure they have an uptime guarantee or I won't waste my time.

@gameon said: STFU and move on . don;t want to waste my time/bandwidth on you.

And #1 award goes to @gameon for off-topic talking..

• Also Host Dime. Not LEB priced.
    For me the reason for not being cheap in India:- Bandwidth.

• MikeInMikeIn Member
    edited November 2012

To me it looks like http://www.hostgator.in/vps-hosting/index.shtml is cheapest with Plesk coming for free from level 3

(Edit)but only for first year.