Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"We do NOT have an affiliate program... - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

"We do NOT have an affiliate program...

2»

Comments

• LESLES Member
    edited July 2015

They payed out some time, then complained (as it got too much) and wanted the traffic for free. Don't waste your time with them...

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited July 2015

LES said: They payed out some time, then complained (as it got to much) and wanted the traffic for free. Don't waste your time with them...

That's clearly not the situation and we discussed with you on the matter. We submitted an offer like most sites, e.g. WHT and LET and you accepted and listed without such a condition. If you had made it upfront we'd have discussed it. Please be reasonable.

• @Traffic said:
    trewq said:
    You have ignored me, and only replied when publicly requested.

A certain provider on here ignored my PM (sales question), which I kinda understood, but then they even ignored my sales question in their offer thread lol

needless to say I won't ever be using/recommending them

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • @JoeMerit said:
    traffic do you think it was smart to post this? makes you look like more of a scumbag.

you aren't the first person to desperately try and spam your signature in as many threads as possible.

I'm guessing this is for his price comparison site (check his sig). Makes sense to use affiliate links since he's not recommending any of them, just providing a list of prices/specs

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • Another episode of LowEndDrama:

@concerto49 should have never had the affiliate page enabled if the company didn't have an active affiliate program. As we all know, some people use the functionality to make money and (logically) its presence would likely led them to believe that they'll get paid for referrals.

@traffic seemed to have jumped into a panic about this a little too fast. I think the best approach, when confronting @concerto49 about this, would have been to politely ask him to disable the affiliate page since it was unnecessary. At this point, if @concerto49 had refused to disable the functionality, then we could reasonably assume that he intentionally wanted to mislead people for extra business/referrals.

Ultimately, the way things stand, I think @concerto49 just accidentally forgot to disable the affiliate page. Let's all shake hands and carry on with life :-)

Thanked by 2Traffic jar
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Providers have all sorts of shit enabled in WHMCS that they never (or barely) use, e.g. "Network Status", "News", "Knowledge base"...

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

The net result of this thread will probably be a new rule that explicitly bans selling your signature including affiliate marketing.

the volume of reports it generates is getting silly.

This discussion has been closed.