Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"We do NOT have an affiliate program...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

"We do NOT have an affiliate program...

...and will ignore you because you just don't get it."

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I guess you have your answer then. They don't offer one and you probably wont get paid.

Thanked by 1Alt
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

@Awmusic12635 said:
    I guess you have your answer then. They don't offer one and you probably wont get paid.

I don't have a problem with that. But why don't they tell me instead of ignoring me?

EDIT: Well, I don't see myself going after them Virpus-style for the checks :)

So I guess it's for the better.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Traffic said:
    I don't have a problem with that. But why don't they tell me instead of ignoring me?

In the screen shot it says twice that they don't have an affiliate program... What are you smoking?

Thanked by 3Alt rds100 bersy
  • Traffic said: I don't have a problem with that. But why don't they tell me instead of ignoring me?

We haven't ignored you. I've replied to you many times.

Thanked by 1Alt

Also did you get to the affiliate page from a link or by direct url?

• @trewq said:

Also did you get to the affiliate page from a link or by direct url?

There's a link in the menu. You can see in the screenshot.

concerto49 said: We haven't ignored you. I've replied to you many times.

You have ignored me, and only replied when publicly requested.

@Traffic said:
    trewq said:
    There's a link in the menu. You can see in the screenshot.

Roger that.

@concerto49 might be a good idea to remove the link when you get a chance?

Thanked by 3Traffic Alt bersy
  • Traffic said: You have ignored me, and only replied when publicly requested.

No, that's incorrect. I replied to you the first time and then again before this thread was even posted. Sorry I didn't get to you instantly, but this isn't a sales ticket and the notification system on LET often doesn't work - don't get emails etc.

Thanked by 2OnraHost Alt
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

concerto49 said: No, that's incorrect. I replied to you the first time and then again before this thread was even posted. Sorry I didn't get to you instantly, but this isn't a sales ticket and the notification system on LET often doesn't work - don't get emails etc.

You replied me the first time, that's correct.

Your 2nd reply was minutes after I posted this: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1177909/#Comment_1177909

So yes. You ignored me.

• RizRiz Member

You got your answer what else do you want?

Thanked by 1Alt
  • @Riz said:
    You got your answer what else do you want?

Is this the kind of treatment you want from your host? He doesn't even understand what you mean and yet ignores your request?

• Traffic said: Is this the kind of treatment you want from your host? He doesn't even understand what you mean and yet ignores your request?

I fully understood what you meant and said no it's not available the very first time. Not sure how much more clear it can get. Really can't help you further.

Traffic said: Your 2nd reply was minutes after I posted this:

It wasn't and apologize if you saw it that way. There are delays in this system. Please be patient.

Thanked by 1Alt
  • RizRiz Member

Your question was answered twice because YOU don't understand.

Thanked by 3Alt Maounique trewq
  • IshaqIshaq Member

Stop throwing toys out of your pram, you're trying to create drama out of nothing.

Traffic said: Is this the kind of treatment you want from your host?

For what, a question already answered? Are you serious?

Thanked by 2Alt ATHK
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

@Riz said:
    Your question was answered twice because YOU don't understand.

The problem is NOT that there is not an affiliate program.

The problem is, I was the affiliate id number 113 so that means 112 more people had signed up willing to promote their site and make money.

And they weren't going to get paid! So next time, before YOU say someone THEY don't understand, make sure it's not the other way around.

And this post has made effect.

They have now stopped making people refer them business for free.

Thanked by 1The_creator
  • RizRiz Member

So now you whine because you don't have an affiliate link to change your signature to tomorrow? You were clearly told that no referral program exists. Find another host to market, and move on.

Thanked by 1Alt
  • Riz said: So now you whine because you don't have an affiliate link to change your signature to tomorrow? You were clearly told that no referral program exists. Find another host to market, and move on.

I think you misunderstood my last post. It was positive.

• Why they didn't disable it from day one?

Thanked by 1Alt
  • RizRiz Member

No, I did not. You stated they were scamming, and that is something I don't agree with.

Thanked by 1Alt
  • Riz said: No, I did not. You stated they were scamming, and that is something I don't agree with.

I agree that is a very rough term. I will edit it to use a more appropriate one.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@Traffic

The problem here is your attitude, they might have overlooked your PM because they previously answered the question.

You should have taken it up with them privately, letting them know that their WHMCS is allowing affiliate signups instead of outing them on a thread.

You jumped the gun too quick.

Thanked by 1Alt
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

@Ishaq

The screenshot wasn't posted just here! It was part of the PM, it's only one screenshot. So they saw it.

Also, I understand this all looks rough but I have NEVER mentioned their name in the thread. And that is on purpose. I do not want them to lose business over this, I just want them to react.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Traffic said: The screenshot wasn't posted just here! It was part of the PM, it's a screenshot.

That was after you posted the thread, though.

Thanked by 1Alt
  • Ishaq said: That was after you posted the thread, though.

Not in my time. I'm in Europe/Madrid.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Traffic said: The problem is, I was the affiliate id number 113 so that means 112 more people had signed up willing to promote their site and make money.

Not all people refer people to hosting providers for money. We've had our referral program enabled for years so people could track how many people they referred (I don't know why so don't ask me, this was requested by A LOT (100+) clients so we enabled it for them and they used it for years fully knowing that we didn't pay for said referrals. (Our referral program has since changed so I'm only speaking for the years prior to the recent change.)

They have now stopped making people refer them business for free.

They never forced people to recommend them to others (at least I hope not).

All of that being said, WHMCS could have done a better job with their template to reflect the payouts/commissions. I had to edit our Affiliates template quite a bit to display all of the information that I consider import for affiliates to know.

Thanked by 2Alt Riz
  • easyeasy Member

lol years ago

• @traffic do you think it was smart to post this? makes you look like more of a scumbag.

you aren't the first person to desperately try and spam your signature in as many threads as possible.

Thanked by 2GIANT_CRAB J1021
  • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

wow... good thing this hasn't blown out of proportion /s

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2015

Why not just make some plan and enable affiliate. Even give $1 for referring 100 customers.

Someone is promoting your business but you are not interested.. lol

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

We also have no official affiliate program, but some people are part of it, some kind of an "inner circle". It exists, but it is not open to the general public. I mean, it is okay to bring your friends, not to spam signatures.

This discussion has been closed.