Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why most of the United States businesses only PayPal it? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why most of the United States businesses only PayPal it?

2»

Comments

• jhadley said: Most serious businesses use bank transfer or purchasing cards.

Maybe big businesses. Last I looked at making a bank transfer from Canada to Europe the minimum charge to even send a buck was about $40. So, unless you're sending $1k or more, it's not really practical.

Thanked by 2netomx fitvpn
  • I think @doverland put his finger on the problem. Alipay is too much trouble to set up.

From their site:

1.Overseas business license and Alipay application form.

2.Shall ensure the reality and validity of application materials.

3.Alipay will audit the application documents.

What a lot of hooey. On the other hand, for those who love bureaucracy it's probably a good choice with many hours of fun to be had.

• Have supported Alipay for a long time

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

qzjqjh said: Do they really hate Chinese customers?

Some business don't want Chinese customers, yeah. But going by your rule... do Chinese business hate international customers since most of them don't support international payment methods?

I can't buy from Taobao! Do they hate me?

Fact is, Alipay is rarely used in the rest of the world, that's why most business not directly targeting Chinese clientele don't support it.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nyr said: I can't buy from Taobao! Do they hate me?

Yes. It's because of your new avatar. They miss the black masked bandito.

Thanked by 2Nyr netomx
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

raindog308 said: Yes. It's because of your new avatar.

I like the new one. Would sell cheap electronics and VPS to.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited July 2015

Off-topic: If PayPal didn't exist, where would I get all my {blank} brand stuff?