Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why most of the United States businesses only PayPal it?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do they really hate Chinese customers? So only paypal?
They can provide stripe or Alipay International Edition. A lot of the fees paypal.

Comments

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited July 2015

Paypal is just the most used payment method out of china? So a lot of possible customers use it already, which means the host have to do also because it is already well known and trusted. There are still a lot of host which accept stripe, or am I wrong?

• jhjh Member
    edited July 2015

Most serious businesses use bank transfer or purchasing cards.

Sole traders etc like Paypal

By having the above 2, a business can cater for the vast majority of it serious customers. Adding more gateways to accommodate for a very small % of revenue just adds more paperwork.

It's not a case of hating anyone, it's just not worth the time for most serious businesses.

On the subject to gateways and serious businesses, I saw that everyone's favourite, Dewlance, has about 20 gateways.

• qzjqjhqzjqjh Member

@Frecyboy said:
    Paypal is just the most used payment method out of china? So a lot of possible customers use it already, which means the host have to do also because it is already well known.

PayPal is not good for China. We like of card CUP and Alipay.

• But when no one outside of china knows alipay?

• qzjqjhqzjqjh Member

@jhadley said:
    Most serious businesses use bank transfer or purchasing cards.

Sole traders etc like Paypal

By having the above 2, a business can cater for the vast majority of it serious customers. Adding more gateways to accommodate for a very small % of revenue just adds more paperwork.

It's not a case of hating anyone, it's just not worth the time for most serious businesses.

On the subject to gateways and serious businesses, I saw that everyone's favourite, Dewlance, has about 20 gateways.

Ok.. I just think PayPal is not very friendly to Chinese customers. If over reliance on PayPal seems to be easy to lose customers from china.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

qzjqjh said: Why most of the United States businesses only PayPal it? Do they really hate Chinese customers? So only paypal? They can provide stripe or Alipay International Edition. A lot of the fees paypal.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • qzjqjhqzjqjh Member

@Frecyboy said:
    But when no one outside of china knows alipay?

I think you should know that stripe Alipay is a partner in overseas.

• akzakz Member

lol op is still around

• qzjqjhqzjqjh Member

Can see. In the bandwagonhost support stripe (Alipay) almost instantly after the sale of those cheap vps.

• qzjqjhqzjqjh Member

@akz said:
    lol op is still around

QAQ

• BruceBruce Member

@Frecyboy said:
    But when no one outside of china knows alipay?

including WHMCS

• qzjqjhqzjqjh Member

@Bruce said:
    including WHMCS

but whmcs known stripe(alipay)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2015

Maybe because Alipay International page for sellers looks like this:
    https://intl.alipay.com/home/about/sell.htm?topic=globalSellers
    I even disabled AdBlock, trying to check maybe it removed some important button or link to proceed.

• BruceBruce Member

@qzjqjh said:

what does stripe have to do with alipay?

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

rm_ said: Maybe because Alipay International page for sellers looks like this:

https://intl.alipay.com/home/about/sell.htm?topic=globalSellers
    I even disabled AdBlock, trying to check maybe it removed some important button or link to proceed.

http://global.alipay.com/ospay/home.htm

Bruce said: what does stripe have to do with alipay?

You can accept AliPay and Bitcoin with Stripe, in addition to bank cards.

• I mail money in an envelop inside an algebra book. 100% burglar proof.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BruceBruce Member

@rm_ said:
    Maybe because Alipay International page for sellers looks like this:

and the SSL isn't setup correctly. would you trust them?

• @Bruce said:
    and the SSL isn't setup correctly

Ain't nobody got time fo'dat It's just other people's money afterall.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member

Don't buy if you feel not comfortable :)

Just wondering, I buy from my local seller and pay from my local PP account, (non US) but got locked because US goverment prohibited sell/buy. Sanctions? WTF?

• leonaleona Member

You could join forces with some rich chinese guys and open a payment gateway called:

"You pay cash money now pal"

Ebay and paypal just separated so I don't know what's going on there. I do know using paypal is easy for business and buyers to toss cash back and forth.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • alipay.... alibaba... aliexpress... aliwangwang.. aliyun.... who is this ali guy -.-

Thanked by 2deadbeef netomx
  • @leona said:
    Ebay and paypal just separated so I don't know what's going on there.

It was a big drama some time ago. Some Ebay investors where accusing the Ebay management of not optimizing for value by keeping Paypal within Ebay. By separating it, they can sell it to someone that can provide cash & market leverage (cough, Google, cough).

Thanked by 1leona
  • @ronaldgrn said:
    alipay.... alibaba... aliexpress... aliwangwang.. aliyun.... who is this ali guy -.-

http://www.alibabagroup.com/en/global/home :)

• @ronaldgrn said:
    alipay.... alibaba... aliexpress... aliwangwang.. aliyun.... who is this ali guy -.-

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2015

Bruce said: and the SSL isn't setup correctly. would you trust them?

I see no issues with their SSL, maybe you use an old browser?
    (or an overly new one, Chrome fortysomething which raises a fuss over SHA1)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

ronaldgrn said: alipay.... alibaba... aliexpress... aliwangwang.. aliyun.... who is this ali guy -.-

First search result for "muhammad ali funny":

• gonggogonggo Member

Thanked by 3rm_ linuxthefish kana
  • have you ever tried to get set up as a merchant on alipay? That would explain much of the challenge. "Please send 5 documents of CEO approval and identity documents", "Please send 5 documents proving address", "Please send copies of your business license and registration"... All that and you still don't know what you want to sign up for. I don't hate China but there is no way I'm sending all that documentation to a company who can't get their security certificates right and who doesn't publish any information about what happens to the documentation once it gets sent.

Thanked by 2raindog308 Ole_Juul
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

qzjqjh said: Do they really hate Chinese customers?

Maybe Chinese customers hate them.

Customerception.

• ronaldgrn said: alipay.... alibaba... aliexpress... aliwangwang.. aliyun.... who is this ali guy -.-

Alibaba Group