Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How good is this dedicated server to start a small shared host? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How good is this dedicated server to start a small shared host?

2»

Comments

• SadySady Member
    edited July 2015

Since you don't know how to get CloudLinux in case your provider doesn't offer so I'll probably suggest you to get a reseller or a managed VPS instead of this.

• @Dost Tell you what, I'll provide a vps with cPanel and at this point I'm almost certain your wordpress and joomla sites will not over use cpu/ram. Let me know if you're keen, thanks.

• @Dost said:
    Do you think i will need more IPs or 2/3 will be enough me (host, nameserver etc) ...

Do not host nameserver on the same server hosting websites. Well, at least get 1 or 2 separate server for nameserver redundancy. A cheap small VPS on different location would do, install cPanel DNS Only on it.

• sambling said: You could consider ditching LiteSpeed as the license is on the pricier side and using Nginx or the Unixy Varnish + Nginx plugin (which, from memory is $6/mo).

But litespeed is officially supported by cPanel. Nginx is just a pain in the ass.

• NomadNomad Member

You can choose Plesk instead of cPanel as well. It uses nginx + apache by default.

I use it on my dedi, for me and friends and it's more than sufficient for most.

• HTMLHTML Member

I heard litespeed license for dedi is around the same price as cpanel license for dedi.

• I'd say it's pretty much enough for a start. You can grow your dedicated farm as your company grows.