Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone have a dedi with AvanteHosting? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does anyone have a dedi with AvanteHosting?

13»

Comments

• @ChrisK: Wouldn't it be better to use no SSL at all. The "Untrusted SSL" pages probably scare off potential clients that visit your site today.

• @Wunderbar

i told him in a lot detail about that :)

• @lele0108

I have been hosting Java apps for ages now, now just taking a bite of Minecraft whilst I can.
    Sorry being a harsh, text over internet can be misleading.

• @BronzeByte said: Sorry being a harsh, text over internet can be misleading.

Yea, more like: Guess I was wrong so I better save my ass now.

• @BronzeByte please answer my pm

• OVH will own him to all infinity, do yourself a favor and stick to professional providers :)

• @Wunderbar
    Now fixed :)

• I personally wouldn't do business with them after reading many reviews.
    http://obsidiancraft.com/home/m/2216558/article/762378

• @BronzeByte check out this offer from ReliableSite.net:
    Intel Xeon E3-1245v2 (32GB) - $119/mo with coupon Forum124550
    http://www.reliablesite.net/dedicated-servers/detail.aspx?server=intel-xeon-e3-1245v2

• @BronzeByte said: You just suck at marketing, people ask me daily when I have new stock...

The market is simply just dying. There's a lot of factors but the fact of the matter is that people are moving on to other games.

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited November 2012

@Brandon said: The market is simply just dying. There's a lot of factors but the fact of the matter is that people are moving on to other games.

The Xbox version of Minecraft being updated substantially, school started, new Novemeber AAA title game releasing all contribute to the decline of players.

It will go back up later again........back to what it was? Who knows (depends on how the future updates go), but it will. Same with every game out there.....

I highly doubt this is the main reason they are seeing lower sales though. The Minecraft hosting market is just insanely over-saturated and only continues to be more and more over-saturated ever day. I don't think I have seen any other game have this many hosts........a kid opens a Minecraft server and the next day he starts his own "hosting company".

• lele0108lele0108 Member
    edited November 2012

Main reasons why Minecraft is dying:

1. Oversaturated with $5-$8/GB hosts on cheap hardware

2. Minecraft isn't as popular as before (check Google graphs)

3. Summer is over

4. Too many turn-key solutions, no innovation left, it's just a race to the bottom with prices. Cheaper prices while sacrificing hardware and support.

Which is why I'm raising my prices when my new site is done. No point in racing to the bottom.

• @lele0108 said: Which is why I'm raising my prices when my new site is done. No point in racing to the bottom.

For the first time I see a provider here saying these magical words. It's about time :)

By the way, LET is awesome tonight, I made popcorn, got me a box of Pepsi and on one monitor I'm reading, on the other one I'm coding. Fire away folks, and keep the laughter coming :D

• @lele0108

Shared Minecraft hosting is mainly for the younger audience, because yes, shared Minecraft hosting is dying.
    Because more and more people move to VPS'es and dedi's provided by decent companies :)