Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone have a dedi with AvanteHosting? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does anyone have a dedi with AvanteHosting?

Comments

• Why was @DewlanceVPS even unbanned?

• @GIANT_CRAB said: Why was @DewlanceVPS even unbanned?

I think he was set to autoboot

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited November 2012

@DewlanceVPS said: So you don't know anything about computer and want purchase a avante dedicated server with 99.9% downtime?

I didn't yet, cunt, was looking for feedback if you COULD READ THE TITLE AND USE COMMON SENSE

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited November 2012

Bringing this entire topic back to the subject and not a bunch of complaining and finger pointing...

I don't personally have any services with Avante and I'm sure you can look for other reviews about their company's history. Technically speaking though I'd look into seeing if anyone has any traceroute or speedtests to gauge their networks. Their hardware replacement was a mess that did get sorted out in the end (although it did provide a few weeks worth of downtime) and the entire finance issue/refunds seems to be a bit messy (I'm saying in terms of Avante -> 2CO -> You).

Its your decision, but personally I'd have to ask you the great question.

LOCATION?!

You're talking about going from OVH (Canada/France), Kimsufi (France), Hetzner (Germany (i think)) to the Server4You (USA).

If you give us a specific location that'd be awesome.

• @HalfEatenPie said: to the Server4You (USA)

They have servers in Roubaix just like OVH...

• @BronzeByte said: I didn't yet, cunt, was looking for feedback if you COULD READ THE TITLE AND USE COMMON SENSE

Lovely use of words.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2012

@GIANT_CRAB
    I just want to give my suggestion to OP but if you want to ban me then you can ban me :(

@BronzeByte
    If you want to purchase a server for production use then don't purchase a OVH, your server will be terminated at anytime if your customer abuse your vps more then 3 times,etc..

• @BronzeByte said: They have servers in Roubaix just like OVH...

Sure? I thought they have their datacenter (Datadock) in Strasbourg

edited November 2012

@BronzeByte

No one is going to tell you about their hidden price and rules :)

• You are against me but Do you know about their(server4you) maximum ip rules and additional ip address price?
  • @eastonch said: Lovely use of words.

Some people just need those to understand it :)

• Goodd ! Read! S4u IP issue has already been mentioned by op. Frikkin fried chicken!

• @Amfy said: Sure? I thought they have their datacenter (Datadock) in Strasbourg

My bad, it's Strasbourg, I thought about Strasbourg but said Roubaix, that's just me being messed up I guess.
    http://www.server4you.com/technik/high-speed-datacenter.php

• @DewlanceVPS said: You are against me but Do you know about their(server4you) maximum ip rules and additional ip address price?

yes, i do, read back

@DewlanceVPS said: If you want to purchase a server for production use then don't purchase a OVH, your server will be terminated at anytime if your customer abuse your vps more then 3 times,etc..

I have been with them for 2 months now, have had a few abusers, nothing except for an IP-nullroute of the abuser was done.

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited November 2012

Again, those AMD CPUs won't cope well with MC. E3s are far better.

• So have you decided which provider you are using?

• @SimpleNode said: Again, those AMD CPUs won't cope well with MC. E3s are far better.

This

• I hate to be such a dick, but being the 99th OVH, Server4You, or Hetzner host will not work, esp. if you plan on overselling.

And on top of that the MC market is dead.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Can somebody ban @DewlanceVPS? Please? This is hurting my eyes..seriously. I can't believe what I'm seeing and certainly cannot believe he is running a hosting provider. I submitted a ticket "in disguise" the other week and the response was quite funny.

I asked about the hardware, and he needed to know whether I was talking about Windows or Linux VPS's and he also needed to know the plan name for some reason. He probably has 2 servers with whatever that co-lo provider was that he had an argument with, uses 10 year old hardware and puts his clients (if he has any) at risk.

I don't understand...I learnt a lesson the 2nd time. Clearly he hasn't.

edited November 2012

@dominicl

You are trying to force me to talk about off-topic :(

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@DewlanceVPS said: You are trying to force me to talk about off-topic :(

You didn't have to comment

edited November 2012

@dominicl said: You didn't have to comment

Instead of talking on off-topic discussion I send you a PM.

Please stop your discussion on this thread and come on 'the cest pit' thread

• @lele0108 said: And on top of that the MC market is dead.

You just suck at marketing, people ask me daily when I have new stock...

• @Dewlance you have done it now. You say you only use premium hostdime servers. How is that possible? When your vps servers are in LA? Hostdime is only in FL for us servers.

• @Zen: and at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

• @BronzeByte said: You just suck at marketing, people ask me daily when I have new stock...

Our services are down this month for MC also.

• Conclusion: @BronzeByte was is just ignorant and what he speaks cannot be backed by data.

• I wouldn't get a dedicated server from Avante no matter what the price, the hardware might be better then their VPS's but the service and network are the same. Shopping on price alone is usually not the way to find a dedicated server for business, as I told you earlier, figure out what area you're trying to market and go from there.

Offtopic:

@dominicl said: Can somebody ban @DewlanceVPS? Please?

Didn't you ask for you account to be closed? That lasted long..

• Avante Hosting lost their EV certificate? They are using a self-signed certificate now:
    https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=avantehosting.net

• @Wunderbar
    Small issue with trustwave when I was renewing SSL.
    If you check here:
    https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=clients.avantehosting.net
    Our client area still has an EV SSL cert by trustwave.

We are currently installing a regular SSL until another EV is issued tomorrow

Thanks