Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

start vps business
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

start vps business

hello.
me and my friend is planning to start small vps hosting service. i saw justification for ip and other things. can anyone guide me how to start a small vps hosting service. i do not want to use reseller service. im going to buy dedicated for a year and start selling.

thank you

Comments

• If you have to ask, then you shouldn't proceed.

• @Jono20201 - i have worked with openvz and kvm for a long time. i know how to run things. but i do not see what are justifications and other things. i've a capital to start this business. my plan is to build a stable hosting business.

• edited July 2015

raider_in_dark said: my plan is to build a stable hosting business.

Whew! What a relief, because most people plan to build unstable hosting business. < /sarcasm>

• @rajprakash - thank you for ur sarcasm. now you can leave the planet if u like because every business needs a start. u cannot say ill go bad because of my bad english or knowledge.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • edited July 2015

@raider_in_dark I never said you shouldn't start, nor anything about poor English or knowledge, so relax. I'm just commenting on the fact that no one ever goes into a business venture to create unstable services, so adding that statement as validation for your venture is of zero value.

I happen to like this particular planet out of all the planets I've visited! :)

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • @rajprakash - what i meant was i dont want to become a summer host. there r lots of summer hosts in here. ive used them in past and lost my data. i dont want to be 1 of them

• Um, you shouldn't start a company if you can't answer the simple question of IP justification. You justify IPs because we're running out of them, but with the newest IP model @ ARIN, it's first come, first serve.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • @FlamesRunner - i was wondering this. im going to sell vps later so i do not have proper client reselling details. then what would be the justification for me. i know i canot use internal use as this is clearly not internal use thing. im selling vps for customers that may come in future.

• Just replace the models with servers.

Thanked by 1W3HostingServices
  • @Microlinux - thank you 4 the video. nice song btw.

• @wych - thank you. but i know because of virtual hosts and sni intergration. ssl and hosting is no longer a valid justification. also i cannot give targeted client information for the provider of server because ill be running a vps hosting service. thats why ive asked from u guys what u guys usually do for justification for a vps server

• Looking forward to your offers soon!

• @TheKiller - then youll have to wait about 6 months at least. im not going to blindly start this service. i need to learn things first in a deeply manner

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@raider_in_dark said:
    rajprakash - thank you for ur sarcasm. now you can leave the planet if u like

If you are this thin-skinned, you have no chance.

• BruceBruce Member

LET is not for you. I suggest vpsboard.com

• @raider_in_dark OVH has some great deals , like for example 256 IPs with no monthly fees and No setup fees ,anti-DDoS Pro + 500 Mbps guaranteed bandwidth + IPMI/KVMo IP remote access etc for their Dedicated Server range( Price starts from $109.00/month , Check it out at http://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/range-2013/

• @raindog308 - does this rule only applies for newbiews around here.

@Bruce - thank you. ill try this here.

@all - most of the guys here are afraid to help a new business as they think it will ruin their business. i get that. thank you for explaining me how narrow some of yours mind sets are

• @rahulks - thank you for your link. i was planning to use softlayer as my provider. this seems pretty cheap.

• @raider_in_dark said:
    TheKiller - then youll have to wait about 6 months at least. im not going to blindly start this service. i need to learn things first in a deeply manner

sounds like you got a plan ;)

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited July 2015

raider_in_dark said: most of the guys here are afraid to help a new business as they think it will ruin their business.

Get over yourself, son. Right now, you don't even pose a threat to the JonnyNuggets and Thomas Dales of this world, let alone hosts who have half a clue what they're doing.

You turn up and take the piss by asking 'can anyone guide me how to start a small vps hosting service'. How much work are you expecting someone to do for you? Write you a business plan? Do all your research for you?

Do your own work, find out where you're stuck and then ask for help on the specific topics; you'll find people are much more likely to help you when you've actually made some effort yourself first, you lazy twat.

• raider_in_dark said: then youll have to wait about 6 months at least. im not going to blindly start this service. i need to learn things first in a deeply manner

This is the best part. Actually he's going to learn it.

Justification is a terrible thing for a new provider. Even some times we found it difficult due to new IPv4 regulations such as no SSL because of SNI. Name based hosting so no IP's and so on.

Nekki said: Get over yourself, son. Right now, you don't even pose a threat to the JonnyNuggets and Thomas Dales of this world, let alone hosts who have half a clue what they're doing.

I think he needs to improve his communication skills. It seems like he got a plan to be executed. Not some pocket money to run a "company"

Nekki said: Do your own work, find out where you're stuck and then ask for help on the specific topics;

I think he's asking about IP justification prior ordering. Please confirm

There are 1000's of hosting companies in this forum. I'm sure they'll help you. But start with something smaller such as shared hosting provider.

It will help you to gain few customers that who will asks for VPS's from you if you're good. Then start your VPS service.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited July 2015

sdglhm said: I think he's asking about IP justification prior ordering. Please confirm

>

@raider_in_dark said i saw justification for ip and other things.

Learn to read.

• Nekki said: Learn to read.

sdglhm said: I think he needs to improve his communication skills

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Don't be a twat, no matter how poor your English is you wouldn't add 'and other things' unless there really were other things. Bell.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • Nekki said: Don't be a twat, no matter how poor your English is you wouldn't add 'and other things' unless there really were other things. Bell.

Possible. But I'm a optimistic ;) However, It seems like he knows "something". That's a relief

• cassacassa Member

Search for it on ebay, really handful piece of software. As far as I know it includes IP justification.