Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH: VPS-HDD 1vCore/2G Ram/10G + 1TB local SATA3 = 13e/mo - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH: VPS-HDD 1vCore/2G Ram/10G + 1TB local SATA3 = 13e/mo

13»

Comments

• Hadriel said: Haven't been able to get any of the Server 2012 qcow images I have made to work or the win8/10 one shared on the forum. Anyone up for the challenge?

it will NOT work unless you configure it as wimboot.

• r0t3nr0t3n Member
    edited July 2015

Run via Serverius speed test

Normal mode (iperf3 -c speedtest.serverius.net -p 5002 -P 10 -4):

[SUM] 0.00-10.00 sec 7.16 GBytes 6.15 Gbits/sec 133 sender [SUM] 0.00-10.00 sec 7.15 GBytes 6.14 Gbits/sec receiver

Reverse mode (iperf3 -c speedtest.serverius.net -p 5002 -P 10 -4 -R):

[SUM] 0.00-10.00 sec 5.38 GBytes 4.62 Gbits/sec 1897 sender [SUM] 0.00-10.00 sec 5.36 GBytes 4.61 Gbits/sec receiver

Pretty good? Run on 1TB instance.

• @TarZZ92 said:
    it will NOT work unless you configure it as wimboot.

Right. I have the configured and the image loads fine on my equipment when I try and deploy it to RA it says it ran out of space. I did notice that RA's 2012 installs at 10GB.

Has anyone tried installing 2012 taking a snapshot, and then moving that to the new zone?

• Hadriel said: Right. I have the configured and the image loads fine on my equipment when I try and deploy it to RA it says it ran out of space. I did notice that RA's 2012 installs at 10GB.

Has anyone tried installing 2012 taking a snapshot, and then moving that to the new zone?

Do it on vmware.

2 ways

normal install, capture image, deploy wimboot

or find a pre made image. it comes about around 6-7GB after wimboot.

• @TarZZ92 said:

Maybe that is my issue. I have been using Virtualbox. I will try on vmware.

• Hadriel said: Maybe that is my issue. I have been using Virtualbox. I will try on vmware.

any should work really.

• r0t3n said: Run via Serverius speed test

Have you been charged for deploying this instance?

• boerndboernd Member

details are now listed on the runabove website:

https://www.runabove.com/instances/vps-hdd.xml

5TB outgoing traffic, incoming is free

• ehabehab Member

@Traffic said:
    Have you been charged for deploying this instance?

i asked and they said the site will be updated and i will be charged, so its chargeable

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited July 2015

boernd said:
    details are now listed on the runabove website:

https://www.runabove.com/instances/vps-hdd.xml

5TB outgoing traffic, incoming is free

5TB seems maybe alright, but if they keep the 10GE, not so sure. And it seems like they are using EUR->USD rates from a couple years ago. I don't think 25EUR is 35USD anymore. Laughable offer in the end, as I pointed out before. Unless you really need more than 100mbps port, skip this and get a kimsufi, or hetzner server to compare to the top end offer.

• @Setsura said:
    5TB seems maybe alright, but if they keep the 10GE, not so sure. And it seems like they are using EUR->USD rates from a couple years ago. I don't think 25EUR is 35USD anymore. Laughable offer in the end, as I pointed out before. Unless you really need more than 100mbps port, skip this and get a kimsufi, or hetzner server to compare to the top end offer.

25 EUR = 28 USD

• The high conversion to USD really makes the offer much less interesting. Almost $9 per TB compared to $7 means that other providers like Dacentec with dedicated hardware at $6.25 per GB with more transfer, and lower connection seems like a better option.

$7 per TB with near instant delivery seemed like a good deal.

• @Hadriel said:
    Dacentec with dedicated hardware at $6.25 per GB with more transfer

$20/mo 4TB so it's $5/TB.

• @msg7086 said:
    $20/mo 4TB so it's $5/TB.

I didn't see the $20 were back in stock. I thought they only had the $25 or $50 8tb available. But yes the $20 are a great deal.