Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DNS not fully resolving - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DNS not fully resolving

13»

Comments

• Just wanting to use my own nameserver. Just ns1.mymainsite and ns2.mymainsite Just like I always have. The image above is 99% default, besides to the ns1 and ns2 A record I added.

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited July 2015

I have been trying to fix it for hours with no resulution. I've installed Plesk maybe 5 times, and not once have I ever had problems with it resolving and or DNS problems.

• The record type NS needs to be pointed at your value as in ns1.hunterspad.co.uk and you need another one NS record for ns2.hunterspad.co.uk

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • @VPSSoldiers said:
    The record type NS needs to be pointed at your value as in ns1.hunterspad.co.uk and you need another one NS record for ns2.hunterspad.co.uk

I've done that now, Plesk wont allow it, Says its not valid. But I went and edited the template then applied. But still does not seem like anything is happening. Whats with the top default NS in the image? I cannot remove it nor change it.

• that NS record is pointing you to ovh's DNS. This is what mine looks like

$ dig vpssoldiers.net @8.8.8.8 NS +short ns2.vpssoldiers.net. ns1.vpssoldiers.net. ns3.vpssoldiers.net.

this is what yours looks like

$ dig hunterspad.co.uk @8.8.8.8 NS +short ns516818.ip-192-99-160.net.

• I have no clue what to do. I've done everything I know.

• @hyelton the Name Servers showing in your whois are:

del1436123918.ns1.hunterspad.co.uk.dummyns.com

del1436124029.ns2.hunterspad.co.uk.dummyns.com

• @MisterG said:
    hyelton the Name Servers showing in your whois are:

del1436123918.ns1.hunterspad.co.uk.dummyns.com

del1436124029.ns2.hunterspad.co.uk.dummyns.com

That would mean the WHOIS is not updated lol. That was where I deleted them several hours ago to put them back in.

• @hyelton Looks like it just updated. But both your ns1 and ns2 are pointing to the same server. You might want to check out one of the free DNS providers such as namecheap.com or cloudns.net to use for additional servers.

• @MisterG said:
    hyelton Looks like it just updated. But both your ns1 and ns2 are pointing to the same server. You might want to check out one of the free DNS providers such as namecheap.com or cloudns.net to use for additional servers.

Yeah I've always just used the same. But my problem now is add on domains still wont resolve, They all say that hunterspad.co.uk has no A records when it clearly does lol.

• @hyelton Your current TTL is 86400 which is one day. So caching can happen. You might want to shorten it while you are working on everything then make it longer later. I found a good tool that helps with DNS errors http://dnscheck.pingdom.com

• So far so good. Things are slowly working again. Thanks everyone :)

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Closed on request.

This discussion has been closed.