Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DNS not fully resolving - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DNS not fully resolving

Comments

• It does seem to resolve more. It seems to had NOTHING to do with my settings over at the register. It seems that the OVH/SYS DNS weirdness was the cause. I done some changes in the zones in plesk.

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited July 2015

deleted @ OP request.

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited July 2015

@Abdussamad said:
    Set ns1 and ns2.hunterspad.co.uk for storagecow.eu again

Read my post above ^^ Everything at the register was correct, Theres nothing more/different to input everything was correct. It seems to some weirdness going on in the default DNS zones in Plesk.

But why is storagecow doing this?
    storagecow.eu. 86373 IN NS sdns1.ovh.ca.
    storagecow.eu. 86373 IN NS ns516818.ip-192-99-160.net.

Thats not right lol

Thanks for the help :)

• Do you have your ns records set at your registrar (for storagecow.eu) pointed at ns1-2.hunterspad.co.uk?

• hyelton said: It seems to some weirdness going on in the default DNS zones in Plesk.

It's not even hitting plesk. The fault is at the registrar.

Again, go to that page on internetbs where you set the namservers for storagecow.eu, make sure it says hunterspad.co.uk and hit save. Otherwise ask their customer support to set the nameservers for you.

edited July 2015

@VPSSoldiers said:
    Do you have your ns records set at your registrar (for storagecow.eu) pointed at ns1-2.hunterspad.co.uk?
    @Abdussamad said:

Yes they are and have been for 3 days, And I`ve removed them and put it back several times already, once an hour ago, again a few ago, and once more 2 min ago.

EDIT: Once again, I set them just now.

If its not even hitting plesk , how has it been half working the past 3 days?

• Looks like you definately changed something. Your nameservers are now correctly pointing to your corresponding IP's. I see the problem is resolved.

• OK so I see now that the .eu nameservers are returning the correct NS for storagecow.eu.

What DNS records of type NS have you set in plesk for storagecow.eu? they should be ns1 and ns2.hunterspad.co.uk

• @bullten said:
    Looks like you definately changed something. Your nameservers are now correctly pointing to your corresponding IP's. I see the problem is resolved.

I don`t think its resolved. They have been pointing to the correct place like I said 3 days now. But I just found out that not everyone could visit my site, it was only resolving to half of my vistors. While others could visit it just fine.

• @Abdussamad said:
    OK so I see now that the .eu nameservers are returning the correct NS for storagecow.eu.

What DNS records of type NS have you set in plesk for storagecow.eu? they should be ns1 and ns2.hunterspad.co.uk

Nope, Just ns.storagecow. Seems for some reason EVERY domain I add I have to manually edit the zone for each domain. Never had to do that in plesk before.

• Give it sometime. Dont change anything now. You have already done everything correctly. It will be fine very soon

• hyelton said:

Nope, Just ns.storagecow. Seems for some reason EVERY domain I add I have to manually edit the zone for each domain. Never had to do that in plesk before.

they should be ns1 and ns2.hunterspad.co.uk

• @bullten said:
    Give it sometime. Dont change anything now. You have already done everything correctly. It will be fine very soon

The problem with that, the only difference in anything that has been changed was a DNS zone in Plesk

• Would this relate to my problem?

What is this crap?
    FAIL: The following nameservers are listed at your nameservers as nameservers for your domain, but are not listed at the parent nameservers (see RFC2181 5.4.1). You need to make sure that these nameservers are working.If they are not working ok, you may have problems!
    ns516818.ip-192-99-160.net
    sdns1.ovh.ca

Thats what I want to blame OVH/SYS for making things difficult, as thats NOT what my nameservers are set too.

• @Abdussamad said:

Wont let me. Can only add ns1/ns2.storagecow.eu cannot enter a different domain name

• Simple suggestion, use your registrar's (internetbs) default nameservers and apply relevant DNS records with said registrar.

• ricardo said:

Simple suggestion, use your registrar's (internetbs) default nameservers and apply relevant DNS records with said registrar.

Yeah might as well do this since plesk is not cooperating.

• @Abdussamad said:
    Yeah might as well do this since plesk is not cooperating.

My problem with that is, I cannot do that with every domain. exspeically the ones I have with 1and1 (there awful with anything "custom" lol)

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • hyelton said:

My problem with that is, I cannot do that with every domain. exspeically the ones I have with 1and1 (there awful with anything "custom" lol)

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • Storagecow is once again working again (for me anyway) If there not responding, then how is it working

But I still see this
    ERROR: One or more of your nameservers did not respond:
    The ones that did not respond are:
    ns1.hunterspad.co.uk ns2.hunterspad.co.uk

edited July 2015

Deleted.

edited July 2015

So this seems to be clearly at fault of SYS/OVH implementing things automatically.

with there own custom nameservers.

So in my DNS Zone, What should my NS records be?

Currently its Website.tld pointing to my servers web address/IP

and the 2nd one is website.tld point to OVH`s own DNS.

• frankly, SYS/OVH expect clients to be able to manage things on their own and their network infrastructure is configured differently, so what works with other DCs may not work with 'em.

edited July 2015

@century1stop said:
    frankly, SYS/OVH expect clients to be able to manage things on their own and their network infrastructure is configured differently, so what works with other DCs may not work with 'em.

well it seems like a good idea, but there 2nd dns server doesnt work: X which is not working and everything is correct, so I`ll guess I'll just use the normal way.

• VPSSoldiersVPSSoldiers Member
    edited July 2015
    $ dig storagecow.eu @8.8.8.8 NS +short
    ns2.hunterspadhost.com.
    ns1.hunterspadhost.com.

I'd just give it time for it all to update now.

• @VPSSoldiers said:
    $ dig storagecow.eu 8.8.8.8 NS +short
    ns2.hunterspadhost.com.
    ns1.hunterspadhost.com.
    I'd just give it time for it all to update now.

Those are to my old server, I set it to my old server for now to stop the downtime.

• VPSSoldiersVPSSoldiers Member
    edited July 2015

$ dig ns1.hunterspad.co.uk @ $ dig ns1.hunterspad.co.uk @

Those should both return something and neither are.

edited July 2015

@VPSSoldiers said:
    $

Those should both return something and neither are.

That would be because right now there broken ;p, I had to leave in the middle of something.

Going to try something in a few

edited July 2015

How does this look? This is almost all default. But apperently default with the SYS install of plesk doesnt work right.

• Are you using your own "vanity" nameservers or are you using some service?

This discussion has been closed.