Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any reviews on Dacentec? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any reviews on Dacentec?

2»

Comments

• lnx1001 said: You cannot place any orders from them, the order will never go through.

That is what happens when your attempting to place a fraudulent order using stolen or fake details. :)

I've been using Dacentec Personally for around 2+ years and love it!

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited November 2017

doughmanes said: lnx1001 said: The listed phone number on their site is not valid - it is completely fake. There is no support over phone and if you call the number listed prominently on their site, it will simply go to automated system saying that you cannot leave a message because it's full and then it will hang up on you. It is a fake number and they do not monitor it.

doughmanes said: This is true unless changed within the past year.

Just FYI, the number isn't fake and if you were to ask them in a ticket why they are not answering the phone they will explain they do not provide support by phone and the phone number is only supposed to be for sales related requests or needs in which case someone in their sales department will eventually get back to you (however they still prefer sales by e-mail over phone so email will always be handled faster anyways). My guess as per the reason why you can't leave a message is because people probably tend to try and use it for support without knowing better, ending up in a bunch of silly irate voice mails which they probably wait till Monday to clear when their billing department is open.

Maybe @dacentec can clear this up?

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

How they can offer the gaming servers or host gaming servers? if they don't have any anti DDOS protection on their network? sounds to me they misselling services as some games to get DDOS attacks and your server will be suspended.

• dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2017

@TheLinuxBug said:

Maybe @dacentec can clear this up?

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

That's correct, we don't offer phone support. Ticket submissions are always the best and quickest way to get support 100% of the time. Since our support team is on site 24/7/365 most tickets get answered within minutes. Sales tickets can take a little longer since the sales team are in the office Monday-Friday 8:00 AM EST - 5:00 PM EST.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ TheLinuxBug
  • DalamarDalamar Member
    edited February 2018

dacentec is a fake host. they will steal your money and run at any chance and their uptime is a lie.

dacentec detects torrents and fast downloads as "ddos" and will null route you for a day. then make excuses as to how multiple connections (quite low count mind you) and maxed bw use when you have only used 1tb out of 10 tb in 20 out of 30 days is "abuse".

of course they are too incompetent to manually lift the null route from a fake ddos flag.

if you get a dmca they will null route and cancel service with no refunds, even though the only legal requirement is to remove any offending material.
    If you do some research they have in the past null routed a guy for a very old dmca from a PREVIOUS RENTER, they made some bogus replies in a public forum thread, while not addressing the fact the dmca was 2 years old and aimed at a previous renter.

this company deserves to go as bankrupt as their morality, honestly. I'm not even sure their policies are legal as it's basically theft.

• So, yeah, @Dalamar is obviously a scammy turdbucket.

Also, the shitty 1835 Opterons are back.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • How exactly am I a scammy turdbucket? I haven't personally been dmca'd but they have null routed of fake ddos and refused to correct it.

Before insulting people you should take a look at your own behavior kiddo.

• @Dalamar said:

Well, i guess you missed the polls but according to 88% of the population around here flaming people is considered good style.

• EwokEwok Member
    edited February 2018

No, they're pretty scummy.

I was actually nullrouted last night for 8 hours because I was downloading some weeb shit.

Apparently they can't remove the nullroute by their automated system. Very strange indeed. Additionally they told me to 'reduce my download speed' to avoid it in future.

• Before insulting people you should take a look at your own behavior kiddo.

this company deserves to go as bankrupt as their morality

Yeah, screw all of the employees & their families as well.

You're such an upstanding entity. (Not assuming your gender, don't worry.)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Downloading torrents on a USA based server and expecting it to end well, hmm.

Its a budget company for the bottom feeders of the internet that is for sure, but you pretty much get what you pay for, any expectations of good service are ridiculous and that's on you.

• @Dalamar said:
    How exactly am I a scammy turdbucket?

It's called a mirror.

I am a shitty turdbucket. There's a difference.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Downloading torrents on a USA based server and expecting it to end well, hmm.

Its a budget company for the bottom feeders of the internet that is for sure, but you pretty much get what you pay for, any expectations of good service are ridiculous and that's on you.

I agree that I got what I paid for. $20 is just far too cheap, but I disagree with your point on torrents. As long as the user isn't using public torrents it should never be an issue.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

OH GOD, I did not realize this was a DOUBLE NECRO!!!

Joined 12:55AM bye.

• Welp