Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any reviews on Dacentec?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any reviews on Dacentec?

They seem cheap.. I can get a filtered IP to setup a tunnel for ddos protection.

Any experiences with them? RTO seems pretty okay-ish on the long run.

Comments

• blackblack Member

People seem to enjoy their services & support.

• There's the 16 page thread from when their cheap servers were brought to LET's attention, have a skim through that to see their impressions. Overall people have seemed quite happy with their purchase.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/52137/cheap-dacentec-offers-dedicated/p1

Can't comment personally, don't have one.

• bohdansbohdans Member
    edited July 2015

I ordered one, Support were very helpful and quick, and server was well worth the price,
    Had to cancel though, as speed to AU was less than 500k/s :(

• Amazing. Support are fast, very cheap and they are constantly looking to improve mainly their network

• VPSSoldiersVPSSoldiers Member
    edited July 2015

I have had nothing to complain about. Every support ticket I have had has been answered within about 20 mins (and I've had an unusual amount of tickets since I signed up with them). I've been doing lots of tests on speeds and they seem good even to places like New Zealand. I may end up getting another from them at some point.

• Not a single thing I can fault them on, I think I've had services with them for like.. 8 or 9 months now. Used their support a ton, always quick and helpful answers.

Had some network issues with my colo'd box, it was just a lot slower than my rental and I couldn't find any issues on my end. After some basic troubleshooting they offered to move it to another rack and different switch and no issues after that. They're great to deal with.

• elgselgs Member

I'm totally happen with their servers and supports.

• SadySady Member

Go for it & you won't regret your decision :)

• indexiaindexia Member
    edited July 2015

it's real 24 hours for the support. They can do for installing, replacing disk. I'm enjoying it so far. But, they will charge you for customize installing (partition), but i got a bonus from them.

• elgselgs Member

@indexia said:
    it's real 24 hours for the support. They can do for installing, replacing disk. I'm enjoying it so far. But, their will charge you for customize installing (partition), but i got a bonus from them.

That's true. I just submitted a ticket, and I got reply in 1 minute.

• zevuszevus Member
    edited July 2015

I've had four servers with them, two 2xL5420 in January and Feb of 2014, a 5520 in March of 2014, and the current Opteron 1381 (for $20/mo) for a couple of months. Never had any problems.

ed: the best value I've seen on their list lately was the 16GB Opteron 1385 for $25/mo, it looks like they increased that to $30/mo, though... or possibly the one I saw earlier had different HDD config? I believe the colo costs are $35/mo, so don't do the rent to own stuff thinking you'll be getting some huge discount after a year.... unless it's that e3-1230v2

• Yes @elgs, i'm from Indonesia, we're in opposite business hours, they do it for me at 2 or 3 AM @ their time. kudos!

Thanked by 1dacentec
  • wychwych Member

Support is good and nothing is too much bother for the guys over there.

Thanked by 1dacentec
  • MarkGMarkG Member

Good company all tums up for them

Thanked by 1dacentec
  • lnx1001lnx1001 Member
    edited November 2017

In my experience Dacentec is a fake company and in no way legitimate. You cannot place any orders from them, the order will never go through. Do not waste your time. After 3 days of attempting to order, I gave up.

The listed phone number on their site is not valid - it is completely fake. There is no support over phone and if you call the number listed prominently on their site, it will simply go to automated system saying that you cannot leave a message because it's full and then it will hang up on you. It is a fake number and they do not monitor it.

You can get ahold of someone by ticket after waiting 1 to 2 business days, but they will never activate your order. This is because they do not have any servers to offer and are only collecting your personal info to sell to spammers. That is the sole reason for the site's existence.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2017

Here we go, dragging up a 2 year-old thread to soothe the butthurt.

@lnx1001 said:
    In my experience Dacentec is a fake company and in no way legitimate. You cannot place any orders from them, the order will never go through. Do not waste your time. After 3 days of attempting to order, I gave up.

>

Not true, I have ordered from them several times. All my orders were completed.

You can get ahold of someone by ticket after waiting 1 to 2 business days, but they will never activate your order. This is because they do not have any servers to offer and are only collecting your personal info to sell to spammers. That is the sole reason for the site's existence.

Again, not true, my experience, and that of plenty of others is that support is fast, attentive and generally of an excellent standard. Also the fact that many of us have their servers makes a nonsense of your claims.

So in summary, take your butthurt vendetta and fuck off mate.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited November 2017

@lnx1001

I actually have nothing but great things to say about Dacentec! They have provided a more than excellent service for what I pay and I even had one month where a VM on my server which was under secured got used to send out DDOS and exceeded my bandwidth limit for the month and they didn't even charge me extra. They let me fix the issue and move on. A lot of providers would null route or charge you more money in such situations, they treated me more than fair and went out of their way to help me.

If they haven't gotten back to you in a timely fashion it is probably because your harassing them, expecting something unrealistic from them or they see your order as fraud and do not wish to do business with you.

We all know why you didn't open your own thread and decided to necro this one -- your thread would have gone down in flames because of how ridiculous your claims are.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 3jar ehab Rhys
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@lnx1001 said:

The listed phone number on their site is not valid - it is completely fake. There is no support over phone and if you call the number listed prominently on their site, it will simply go to automated system saying that you cannot leave a message because it's full and then it will hang up on you. It is a fake number and they do not monitor it.

Bumping such an old thread with wild accusations that defy nearly every active member's experience with the company. Combine this with multiple post reports in a row that qualify for as "butt hurt" and you're successfully on my radar today. I assume that's where you wanted to be.

Thanked by 3jvnadr zevus sin
  • WSWDWSWD Member, Host Rep

He opened one over on WHT too. Butt hurt for sure.

• LeeLee Veteran

Nothing bad to say in over a year using them, couple of blips along the way, nothing notable.

• Probably some spammer I would say

• I'm quite happy with my shitbox at Dacentec.

• My biggest mistake was trusting some sellers here when they stopped selling VPS. A very "tragic" experience.

• @MrH said:
    My biggest mistake was trusting some sellers here when they stopped selling VPS. A very "tragic" experience.

Care to further elaborate?

• @WSS said:

@MrH said:
    My biggest mistake was trusting some sellers here when they stopped selling VPS. A very "tragic" experience.

GTFO

• @MrH said:

@WSS said:

@MrH said:

GTFO

wat

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @WSS said:

@MrH said:

@WSS said:

@MrH said:

GTFO

wat

Why explain something that happened so long ago? Dacentec no longer sells VPS and the tragic company changed its owner.

• I read this because I read this as you having problems with Roilan. I've never had an issue with TS, was curious what was up- even if it fits better in the cest pit than here.

Thanked by 1MrH
  • We have one server colocated with them since 2014 and till now everything has been just fine.
    They have fast and knowledgeable support staff.

• lnx1001 said: The listed phone number on their site is not valid - it is completely fake. There is no support over phone and if you call the number listed prominently on their site, it will simply go to automated system saying that you cannot leave a message because it's full and then it will hang up on you. It is a fake number and they do not monitor it.

This is true unless changed within the past year.