Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moving from CloudShards to HudsonValleyHost is it a right choice for my VPS? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Moving from CloudShards to HudsonValleyHost is it a right choice for my VPS?

2»

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Lee said: I have used HVH briefly in the past, nothing bad to say. Everyone has a view however all I would say is that HVH appears to be the best part of the CC VPS family. I hear negatives but nowhere near as much as some others.

Ernie seems to make a decent effort and focuses on what he should, the service. I can;t recall seeing many if any complaint threads on here for a CC brand, I may be wrong though as I am not looking for them.

Hudson Valley Host is exceptionally well run and service is generally excellent.

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    concerto49 can give you discount on CloudShards :v

I'm sure we already give the best prices without compromising service quality, but OP please ticket us if you want to discuss.

• The service is excellent, but the live chat is utterly useless: just open a ticket even though this is live chat :/

• Never had a problem with HVH or CC. Use them both. Until I have any problems, I won't understand why everyone hates on them so much... Ask for another IP range and they will give you a non blacklisted range, if that's the main problem here. Support is always fast and decent for me.

@W3HostingServices said:
    Never had a problem with HVH or CC. Use them both. Until I have any problems, I won't understand why everyone hates on them so much... Ask for another IP range and they will give you a non blacklisted range, if that's the main problem here. Support is always fast and decent for me.

Spamhaus removed 8 of our 9 subnets. We expect the final subnet to be removed shortly. :)

• HTML said: huge mysql databases upto 1 GB

What a tiny database. I have a forum with 16GB database. Another small one with 4GB database. 1GB is way too far from "huge".

Which forum software are you using?

• I have been with CloudShards for more than 2 years and their support and service are really good and reliable. If you have no problem with current host and still make a profit, better don't take the risk to move.

• sonicsonic Veteran

@smile93 said:
    I have been with CloudShards for more than 2 years and their support and service are really good and reliable. If you have no problem with current host and still make a profit, better don't take the risk to move.

This.

• DazzleDazzle Member

If you satisfied with a provider, do not move even their price is higher. Somehow happiness and reliability are more expensive than saving some bucks tbh

• @HTML If managed cPanel hosting is what you're after, I would highly recommend Knownhost. When my clients are looking I send them to either KH or WiredTree. You can probably find a solid plan for around what you're currently paying (at least with KH, WiredTree is a bit more spendy), maybe a few bucks off if you check for threads from them on WHT. Sometimes they'll have a 10% off coupon floating around.

Also I believe @Francisco (BuyVM) is working on a managed cPanel VPS service, not sure if it's in your budget or if they're ready to go on that yet - but worth asking them about.

Apologies for straying from your initial question, but those are a couple others I would recommend you take a look at.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

mikeyur said: Also I believe @Francisco (BuyVM) is working on a managed cPanel VPS service, not sure if it's in your budget or if they're ready to go on that yet - but worth asking them about.

Thanks! They're already available if you put in a ticket. OP would be looking at $30/month for a fully managed 1GB RAM + 1GB Swap VPS w/ 100GB SSD storage, DDOS protection, and cPanel included.

Best of luck on your search @HTML.

Francisco

alaningus said: When a moderator of a ColoCrossing owned forum tells you not to move to a ColoCrossing owned provider, you have to listen !

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. We don't put any pressure on our moderators to favor ColoCrossing / HVH.

Thanked by 2mpkossen alaningus
  • HTMLHTML Member

Thanks for all the suggestions and comments guys i finally decided to move to HVH managed cPanel VPS i have moved almost all my sites and now doing some vps/cpanel tuning etc. I will test it for a couple of week to see how it works and i will update you guys about my experience with HVH in upcoming weeks.

So far i have to say @Ernie is one of the best when it comes to handling the clients issues. He is doing an awesome job and always ready to help.

Thanks again guys for all the suggestions and comments.

• @alaningus said:
    When a moderator of a ColoCrossing owned forum tells you not to move to a ColoCrossing owned provider, you have to listen !

Those things are unrelated. @AnthonySmith does not work for ColoCrossing; he's just helping out here on the forums.

As for Hudson Valley Host and Cloud Shards: I have used both and both have performed really well in my experience. Whichever way you go, you can't go wrong.

Thanked by 1alaningus
  • @jbiloh @mpkossen

I appreciate the fact that you allow the mods to have their own opinion, and I didn't suggest otherwise. However, I still believe that when warning someone off a CC owned host, the fact that @AnthonySmith is a moderator of a CC forum added an extra 'something' to his opinion.

• @alaningus said:
    jbiloh mpkossen

I appreciate the fact that you allow the mods to have their own opinion, and I didn't suggest otherwise. However, I still believe that when warning someone off a CC owned host, the fact that AnthonySmith is a moderator of a CC forum added an extra 'something' to his opinion.

I'm inclined to say that that says more about you than about any of the staff.

• ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran

@HTML said:
    Thanks for all the suggestions and comments guys i finally decided to move to HVH managed cPanel VPS i have moved almost all my sites and now doing some vps/cpanel tuning etc. I will test it for a couple of week to see how it works and i will update you guys about my experience with HVH in upcoming weeks.

So far i have to say Ernie is one of the best when it comes to handling the clients issues. He is doing an awesome job and always ready to help.

Thanks again guys for all the suggestions and comments.

Thank you for the kind words I appreciate it. I am very happy you are enjoying the new VPS. We are here to help if you need anything.

• HTMLHTML Member

@Ernie really enjoying the services and support you are providing so truth should be told!

• Maybe it's just me, but this thread seems a little fishy.

I see you already changed hosts, but here's my 10 cents anyway. Cloudshards is one of the best hosts on here. They are extremely stable, and I really can't think of anything else to say, because I've never needed support or had any problems with them in my years as a customer. As for Hudson Valley Host, they are one of the first VPS hosts that I considered after finding LET/LEB many years ago, due to their attractive offers and variety of locations. I never ended up trying them, because there were so many poor reviews and negative comments about them throughout the internet. Maybe they have improved over the years, but I seriously doubt that the level of performance you find will be on par with cloudshards. With that said, if you need a managed VPS, there aren't many options in the low end tier, so I guess you don't have many choices other than Hudson.

• No please no!!!! Don't do it!!!!