Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moving from CloudShards to HudsonValleyHost is it a right choice for my VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Moving from CloudShards to HudsonValleyHost is it a right choice for my VPS?

HTMLHTML Member

First of all i want to explain why i want to move. I am with CloudShards from almost a year now and never faced any big issues i am satisfied with their services and overall support for an unmanaged VPS. The reason i want to move is because currently i am paying $15 extra to buycpanel.com for a license of WHM/Cpanel to use on my VPS and i just saw HudsonValleyHost offer managed VPS with free Cpanel license and DDoS Protection and it will cost me a just little bit higher than what i pay CloudShards for an unmanaged VPS.

So i want to know how reliable is HudsonValleyHost for a VPS? I use the VPS to mostly host Wordpress sites some of them have huge mysql databases upto 1 GB but i never had any cpu or memory load issue with my current VPS provider CloudShards. My current VPS features are 4 cores, 2 GB ram, 70GB disk, 1400Gb Transfer, 1gbit port and 2 ip addresses it's costing me about $20/month and extra $15 per month for cpanel license which i am paying to buycpanel.com.

Now the plan i want to buy from HudsonValleyHost is a managed VPS plan with free Cpanel and Ddos protection and and the features are 4 cores, 2GB ram, 60 GB disk, 2000 Gb Transfer and 2 IP addresses and it will cost me $25/month and even lower with coupon code.

I am really confused at the moment my main worry is the load and down time although the number of cores and ram is same in both company plans but i am not sure if HudsonValleyHost VPS will be able to handle multiple wordpress sites with huge databases because i don't want to get suspended every second day and than finding another host just because they host too many VPSes on on server.

Can you guys share with me youe experience of HudsonValleyHost managed VPSes are they any good and reliable? or just like some cheap VPS i will face a new issue every other day? like GVH :D

Please give me a review and suggestion should i move to HudsonValleyHost from CloudShards? What is good and bad about about HudsonValleyHost or there are any other good managed VPS providers there with same features in same budget offering free cpanel?

I heard most or all of the IP's of HudsonValleyHost are blacklisted by anti spam services although i don't do emailing from VPS but a blacklisted IP can have any impact on SEO?

In last sorry for a very long post i just want to make sure before moving because i am going to use it for long time i can't move my sites every other week/month.

Looking forward to some good suggestions from you guys!

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I almost feel ashamed to give such a short answer to your well constructed post, but honestly the fact that your even asking the question tells me you do not even know what you don't know, from someone who does, listen to the baby ^^

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Seriously, don't do it.

• lolno

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

For VPS I wouldn't suggest however dedicated servers is a different story :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

HVH were great back in the day, but since I left them I rarely heard anything good about their VPS plans.

• When a moderator of a ColoCrossing owned forum tells you not to move to a ColoCrossing owned provider, you have to listen !

• HTMLHTML Member

Any other good VPS with Cpanel choice guys in same budget range? i know it's too low but if HVH is offering it there might be 1 or 2 other companies doing same?

• HTMLHTML Member

@AnthonySmith thanks Mod so any other suggestion?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Ramnode

Hostigation.com

BuyVM

Dr.Server

If it does not need to be in the USA then IWStack.

Personally I would never buy based on hosts that can offer cPanel licenses buycpanel or licensepal do them so cheap these days it just opens the market up a bit more for you.

Thanked by 1drserver
  • I had a managed dedicated server with them for more than a year and i couldn't ask for better. Now i have a few unmanaged VPS's and their services are smoother than who i was with previously. The only real problem with them is blacklisted IP's, but there are ways to circumvent that, so not a big deal for me.

I would give them 8/10 personally.

• wychwych Member

I wouldn't make that move.

• k0nslk0nsl Member

Uhm, no, don't do it.

• Lol you guys are so gullible. It's a PR play by a Representative of HVH. The guy has zero posts.

• No. Simply.

Why do you need cPanel to host few sites. Are you going to act as a reseller? If not, I suggest you to take a look at VestaCP.

• HTMLHTML Member

@sdglhm it makes things easy for me i am just so comfortable with Cpanel but i will take a look at VestaCP is it possible to restore full cpanel backups in VestaCP? or i will have to move each site manually?

• HTMLHTML Member

@Dillybob what? It's my only second day here as a member (as guest i have been visiting from many months) and i already know about your wanna be Sherlock Holmes personality and attacking people for nothing in different threads here. Are you are a keyboard warrior have nothing else to do in real life? Try something positive trust me it will help you think better mr negative

Thanked by 2Lee Grimley
  • They are currently working on the migration tool. But you can transfer each account manually. It worth the time & cost (cPanel cost) I'd say.

• HTMLHTML Member

@sdglhm Thanks dude i will give it a try than on my test vps and if it works good for me i will implement it on the real one as well. If they can build a migration tool it will really help those of us who want to move from cpanel.

• HTML said: If they can build a migration tool it will really help those of us who want to move from cpanel.

They are building one atm. But it will take a little time to be released (I'm not from VestaCP if you guys are wondering)

The panel is really user friendly in my view. (Don't start the cp war guys)

• HTMLHTML Member

@>; @sdglhm said:

The panel is really user friendly in my view. (Don't start the cp war guys)

Haha was expecting @Dillybob to attack you saying you are from VestaCP he just sit here to attack others lol

• SadySady Member

HVH's support has been very helpful for us as so @Ernie he helped me even though I was not their client but their reseller's client.
    I would suggest you to give this a try.

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

FUBAR.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Sady said:

+1 For Ernie he's really willing to help when it matters.

• LeeLee Veteran

HTML said: Are you are a keyboard warrior have nothing else to do in real life?

Yup that's him.

I have used HVH briefly in the past, nothing bad to say. Everyone has a view however all I would say is that HVH appears to be the best part of the CC VPS family. I hear negatives but nowhere near as much as some others.

Ernie seems to make a decent effort and focuses on what he should, the service. I can;t recall seeing many if any complaint threads on here for a CC brand, I may be wrong though as I am not looking for them.

• Their server was good but service was lazy. That's why I said don't choose them. Can anyone update me with current status please

• HTML said: Are you are a keyboard warrior have nothing else to do in real life?

Just ignore him like we all do at most of the time. And everyone sees world in his own image. Represent of his inner circle. (I'm an undergraduate psychologist if you guys wondering)

Let's assume that what we see here, way he judge other people. It's a reflection of him self.

• @sdglhm said:
    Their server was good but service was lazy. That's why I said don't choose them. Can anyone update me with current status please

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1143519/#Comment_1143519

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1143795/#Comment_1143795

• @Traffic : Thank you for the links. I was seeking few more threads. (I haven't seen one recently)

Update- I've contacted a friend of mine who got 5-6 dedi's with them. He's pretty happy with the service. I do trust that person.

Please ignore my previous comment. It seems like they've improved a lot lately

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@concerto49 can give you discount on CloudShards :v

• ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited June 2015

@HTML said:
    Looking forward to some good suggestions from you guys!

While I cannot comment on cloudshards I can tell you that I work very hard to provide the best service possible. I hope you signup and give us a try.