Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET not reliable for choosing a host - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET not reliable for choosing a host

2»

Comments

• souensouen Member

Kai said: Appreciate it :) You are right! I did reach out the Prometheus but unfortunately they don't offer Managed Services, which is unfortunate. I've heard the name a few times and heard good things. Same with Ramnode as well but alas they don't offer managed services which is what I'd need

(Cpanel installing, Server hardening, migrating, and litespeed installation).

That's one of the reasons right there. LET offers tend towards unmanaged as given the pricing criteria (<=7 USD/month), it's not feasible to offer managed service. You could always start a new thread with your requirements and ask for recommendations on managed service, or ask for feedback about brands you see from WHT or other boards.

If I heard correctly BuyVM will be rolling out managed plans soon, you could consider getting in touch with them and see if they can do anything for you. The staff are attentive and they also bring out new features periodically.

• @Nyr said:
    Take a look at the offers section for this forum.

Of the current first page, there is only one host which I would personally use for serious production stuff, it is SeFlow.

That's why you have to do research as well (which most people don't do unfortunately)

On another note, that SeFlow offer is nice

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2015

souen said: If I heard correctly BuyVM will be rolling out managed plans soon, you could consider getting in touch with them and see if they can do anything for you. The staff are attentive and they also bring out new features periodically.

Thanks!

Yes, we're just finalizing the content for the page right now before we merge it into the site. In the off chance there's anyone interested in these plans before hand, pricing is as follows:

OpenVZ
    1GB RAM / 1GB Swap
    100 GB Space (Pure SSD)
    1 regular IPV4 address + 1 DDOS protected address
    cPanel included
    -----------
    $30/month

It'll scale up from there, with a 2GB w/ 150GB space being $40/month.

Management is of course included. Management extends past 'We know how to click things in cPanel' with you getting full access to Aldryic & I's assistance with things.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Kai
  • edited June 2015

I've been running "real" production services with BuyVM, MCH, Online.net, and DrServer. All have performed well with almost no downtime. Keeping backups definitely helps with peace of mind though.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • It greatly depends, a lot of people on here have knowledge of exactly what you may well need, and may be the best place to provide it for your needs. At the very least people here would give you sound advise on hosts to avoid at all costs, and ones they personally recommend. Its ultimately your job to read a range of reviews, even contact the hosts, order some tiny package from them and see what its like before moving all your mission critical data to a new host...

• blackblack Member

Go with the top voted providers, you shouldn't have any issues there.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited June 2015

@YellowHummingbird said:
    I've been running "real" production services with BuyVM, MCH, Online.net, and DrServer. All have performed well with almost no downtime. Keeping backups definitely helps with peace of mind though.

Yep, I'm using EDIS, Ramnode and MyRSK. Currently at 326, 207 and 176 days uptime respectively with great performance and no data loss.

Of course I still have backups too. All cost me less than $10/m total

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Management will hike the price quite a lot. Automation and scale can lower it, but when you need a human to look after you, that does not come cheap, even with hosts in low living standards countries, such as india or sri lanka. It should be at least 10 $ a month extra to be viable.

• @Maounique said:
    Management will hike the price quite a lot. Automation and scale can lower it, but when you need a human to look after you, that does not come cheap, even with hosts in low living standards countries, such as india or sri lanka. It should be at least 10 $ a month extra to be viable.

Plus managed VPS plans usually include cPanel so more like $25/mo