Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UptimeVPS removed VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UptimeVPS removed VPS

2»

Comments

• @VMport said: Oh dear....

Uptimevps.co This domain is not authorized to be using WHMCS. Please report the url to the installation to us

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!! Already reported it?

• @xprotocept Why stay with them? They're a terrible host obviously. There's no way they're going to last, go with a reputable host...

• @yomero

What do you think :P

• @VMport said: Oh dear....

Uptimevps.co This domain is not authorized to be using WHMCS. Please report the url to the installation to us

I'm quite sure that last time (one or two weeks ago?) when I checked "uptimevps.co" over there I was told it was authorized. So does WHMCS work like monthly plan or what? I thought it's a one-time fee so if you purchased then you are authorized. Yes, I did see that "uptimevps.co" was authorized ("uptimevps.com" was not).

• You can either go for a owned license, or a leased (Monthly) license. Eitherway uptimevps.co is showing as unauthorized.. Maybe they didn't pay the bill.

• bretonbreton Member
    edited November 2011

@VMport said: Uptimevps.co This domain is not authorized to be using WHMCS. Please report the url to the installation to us

lol.
    I think it was registered to .com, not .co

invalid due to

@danielfeng said: I'm quite sure that last time (one or two weeks ago?) when I checked "uptimevps.co" over there I was told it was authorized. So does WHMCS work like monthly plan or what? I thought it's a one-time fee so if you purchased then you are authorized. Yes, I did see that "uptimevps.co" was authorized ("uptimevps.com" was not).

• AFAIK WHMCS Wont work on any other site but the registered address, unless its a nulled version.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

An easy way to tell if it's nulled is normally the /admin/ login page.

a ?licensecdebug is stating they're licensed, but WHMCS claims otherwise so it's quite possible they nulled themselves. It's really not all that hard to pull off.

Francisco

• Could have sworn it was mentioned in one of their sales offers that WHMCS is licensed for the old domain but 1) if this "person" can't fix his own software, it's not worth defending him and 2) why the hell am I defending him anyway?

@drmike said: Could have sworn it was mentioned in one of their sales offers that WHMCS is licensed for the old domain but 1) if this "person" can't fix his own software, it's not worth defending him and 2) why the hell am I defending him anyway?

It doesn't really matter, a nulled copy will have an expired/locked out /admin/ login page. It's obvious if you goto http://secure.uptimevps.co/admin/ that his login is just fine.

Be it he has a license marked to his other domain (he doesn't on uptimevps.com anywhere), then he's using a nulled license.

Francisco

Thanked by 1drmike
  • Not that we know anything about nulled software of course.

:whistle:

@drmike said: Not that we know anything about nulled software of course.

Then you're a terrible host :P Every host should be aware of how nulled WHMCS works. Usually most of the other nulled stuff is just decrypted and the call homes are gutted out easily enough.

We've had people request that we bind the WHMCS.com ip to their VM for 'development' purposes. We informed them they had an hour to explain their need, retract the request and never even try to run that crap around us, or pack up and go.

Francisco

• Why have it when we don't use WHMCS? :)

While I've got an ear, @Francisco please take a look at this scraper free-vps.info. I know LEA has pretty much acknowledged that scaping occurs but repointing the copyright links to themselves is not cool.

Or do you want me to fire off an email to your abuse?

http://whois.domaintools.com/free-vps.info Ip 205.185.116.203

@drmike said: Why have it when we don't use WHMCS? :)

While I've got an ear, @Francisco please take a look at this scraper free-vps.info. I know LEA has pretty much acknowledged that scaping occurs but repointing the copyright links to themselves is not cool.

Or do you want me to fire off an email to your abuse?

http://whois.domaintools.com/free-vps.info Ip 205.185.116.203

We need actual abuse complaints to work from alas. If LEA is the one getting bumped at I'll need him to actually forward me a hunk of his access_log so I can work from there. I simply can't go into the users CT and start looking around :P

Francisco

• Interesi9ng because your AUP says you term for this:

http://buyvm.net/aup.php

Examples of content that will get you suspended/terminated are: 

Any sort of identity theft/fraud site

Would actually be a copyright issue I would think. Poking around the account isn't required.

How do we know LEA isn't simply allowing them? As I said, LEA has to forward an abuse complaint for it since it's his content, I really don't know what his take on scrapes/etc are.

For sure it's simply feeding off his RSS/scraping but yea (why aren't these people simply using RSS?).

Francisco

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Not going really well for UptimeVPS. It's going steeper and steeper downhill..

@Francisco said: a nulled copy will have an expired/locked out /admin/ login page

I swear it's the other way round. A genuine copy will get your admin page locked out, where you can type another license in and all that.. but nulled will work. Either way, same thing :p

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2011

@Infinity said: Not going really well for UptimeVPS. It's going steeper and steeper downhill..

I noticed that too. No more fast support, nodes are down in alphabetical order (first alpha and bravo, yesterday charlie...), prepaid .nl VPSs aren't provisoned yet, etc..

What I don't understand here is how can someone host IMPORTANT stuff on their vps. That's above my understanding...

@Spirit said: What I don't understand here is how can someone host IMPORTANT stuff on their vps. That's above my understanding...

It happened with RackVM, hostrail, clubuptime & w2servers. Granted, enetsouth went under as well but I don't think anyone predicted that one failing until a week or two before their 2GB offers started.

People want super cheap deals and refuse to look into if it's even possible for the prices to be sustained. We've had people question us a lot but we've written it on the walls what our full operating costs are each month so they're well in the know.

Francisco

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2011

Yes, but this one have suspicious reputation from day zero. Whoever saw any their offer posted it saw also plenty warnings, expressed doubts, suspicious facts, etc. Hosts like clubuptime or even RackVM (if I remember well) somehow got great reputation from early beginning and people praised them till downfall. That's not case here. Community isn't that naive anymore. Downfall of this company is predicted and "everywhere" expressed from early beginning. There's no excuse for being so dumb to host anything important with them.

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited November 2011

it has to be like 5th similar topic about <backups, important data and uptimevps> alltogether

• tattoomantattooman Member
    edited November 2011

well , for they prices the service is more than expected , im running my small webpage and offsite backup to there , and have no issues , if you want host business critical VPS consider pay more , or purchase backup uption what uptimevps is providing , backup is your own responsibility , not the hoster.

• Finally they are gone with the money

Check this site
    http://trackingdownuptimevps.org