Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UptimeVPS removed VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UptimeVPS removed VPS

xprotoceptxprotocept Member
edited November 2011 in General

Ey
Since their France nodes are offline, i asked for a move of my 384 MB VPS to Germany
I also have/had a 1GB VPS with them that was hosted in Germany
They asked me for the IP of the server i would like to move, so i gave them my 384 MB VPS IP
They succesfully moved the VPS to Germany
And guess what
They "Terminated" my 1GB Germany VPS
Now all Important data is gone

Please tell me what you would do when this happend to you

P.S Sorry for my bad english

Comments

• Ask them why they did it via a support ticket?

• They said they didn't do anything

• Then ask them where your 1gig vps went and why you can't access it.

• Okay will do that

• I'm sure someone clicked on a wrong button there.
    Better avoid to host important stuff on a 'new in business' LEB provider!
    If you need to do it, better bakup twice a day.

• @xprotocept said: Important data

@xprotocept said: UptimeVPS

Thanked by 3Mon5t3r tux Steve81
  • xprotoceptxprotocept Member
    edited November 2011

They are not responding on my ticket
    Only on my "easy" tickets

• If they dont respond to your tickets still and its been quiet some time (at least 24-36 hours), go over to their LIVE CHAT (if any)

Also post this on WebHostingTalk.com, they will surely attend to your issue there

• Please dont advise people to run to WHT im sick of seeing it :P

Thanked by 1FLVPS
  • Well WHT is a more prominent forum, and it's true that posting there as a last resort does get the provider's attention.

Having said that, I doubt UptimeVPS are too bothered about their long-term reputation, since there won't be an UptimeVPS in the long-term...

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • While posting on WHT does help get the attention of some hosts, it rally should be the last resort, only after all other means of communications with the host have been tried with no result.

• Lmao

Now i just have the name LongtimeVPS in my head, it will probably pop up sooner or later.

• @VMPort haha, well lets assume the current deleted VPS is the customer's fault BUT at least they should reply or any decent company should reply.

Yes, I agree that WHT should be last resort

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited November 2011

While posting on WHT does help get the attention of some hosts, it rally should be the last resort, only after all other means of communications with the host have been tried with no result.

If they're blowing off tickets, I think they're at that level. At least after 24 hours. Granted it's a weekend and a holiday weekend here in the US but still...

At the very least, post to their sales offer here:

http://www.lowendbox.com/tag/uptimevps-com/

well lets assume the current deleted VPS is the customer's fault

That thought went through my mind as well but I was giving the poster the benefit of the doubt. Of course I guess I have a bias against any provider with 'up' in their name. There's too dang many of them and most seem to be down instead of up most of the time.

• I'm reading through their last offer and the comments:

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/uptimevps-e3-1gb-openvz-vps-in-scranton-france-or-germany/

I recall now that I wasn't real impressed with "Ken".

• @xprotocept You know, I had something like this happen to me the other day: I canceled one VPS and suddenly, the other gets deleted as well. All I can say is "I hope you have backups" :\

I could scream and shout or just tell them to restore it and I'll put it back to working order.

The one thing I learned about with LEBs is that you need backups, particularly because the profit margin is so small for them that it really doesn't matter much to them for them to "lose a customer" when a mistake happens.

• @tortau said: The one thing I learned about with LEBs is that you need backups, particularly because the profit margin is so small for them that it really doesn't matter much to them for them to "lose a customer" when a mistake happens.

That would make me work harder. Less profit per customer means that everyone would count. If I made 50-60 bucks per customer losing one would not mean as much to me. Of course I may see things differently then most people.

Thanked by 1drmike
  • Got my VPS back

Made another Ticket and within 5 minutes i got a response

• Maybe you got someone besides Ken? Did you get your data back?

particularly because the profit margin is so small for them that it really doesn't matter much to them for them to "lose a customer" when a mistake happens.

I have to agree with @AuroraZ up there. One single client can mean the difference between a profit and taking a loss with the few clients that are on each of these servers and the tight margins involved.

• @xprotocept said: They "Terminated" my 1GB Germany VPS

Never ask UptimeVPS for any kind of "migration"!
    I had a VPS@us1 and asked to be migrated to us2. Guess what, they just deleted the one@us1 and re-issued a new one@us2. All my data was gone (even 2 backups). That's what they call "migration".

• @drmike

No i did not got my data back, I was running a really popular gameserver on it, and the database with all kills/deaths/stats from all players are gone now (Around 3000 players)
    I have to start all over now

• @xprotocept said: I was running a really popular gameserver on it, and the database with all kills/deaths/stats from all players are gone now (Around 3000 players)

Tbh thats your fault when u don't do backups on such a shady host as UptimeVPS

• Maybe it's a curse with the word 'up' in the name of a provider. Up2VPS, uptimevps, etc....

• No i did not got my data back, I was running a really popular gameserver on it, and the database with all kills/deaths/stats from all players are gone now (Around 3000 players)

Yeah, same happens to me when I change the IP

• @gsrdgrdghd
    Yeah i know it's my faul
    I'm going to make backups of the database everyday now :D

• Oh god i have seen the word backup again, time to make another backup :P

• @VMport said: Oh god i have seen the word backup again, time to make another backup :P

You definitely need a support group man. :P

• Im going to stop tomorrow... i swear.

• Oh dear....

Uptimevps.co
    This domain is not authorized to be using WHMCS.
    Please report the url to the installation to us

• @VMport said: Oh dear....

Uptimevps.co This domain is not authorized to be using WHMCS. Please report the url to the installation to us

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!