Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Sold Out] [France] Dedi Atom 4Gb 1Tb 5.55$/Month 30 pieces - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Sold Out] [France] Dedi Atom 4Gb 1Tb 5.55$/Month 30 pieces

Comments

• Strange - I ordered & paid 2.5 hours ago but haven't (yet) been asked for any validation.

• Good deal. Ordered one.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@Tripleflix That sounds strange can you give me your customer ID i will check that.

And in this type of situation do not wait contact me or support team. I am here everydays not all day long but still i am not faraway.

To everyone there is no offer cancellation at Ikoula, if we can't provide a server corresponding to the offer we just remove the offer from the website or shows there is 0 server left.

If the subscription reach its end date and no payment is done an email is sent 1 month before subscription ends then 2 weeks before subscription ends and final warning comes one week before subcription ends.

Please note as those are automated emails sometimes it is considered as spam by antispam softwares.

Also we are now anticipating if the offer says 30 servers, that means the 30 servers are already built.

@ZweiTiger it is more a question of account validation can you send a copy of your ID to [email protected] ?

@KuoKongQingYun nope it is not necesary

@Infinity580 Do not worry with the HD it has been tested and if there is something wrong with your benchmark we will change the hard drive..

@alaningus You should have already received an automated email asking a copy of your ID like KuoKongQingYun please check your spam.

• @Ikoula said: You should have already received an automated email asking a copy of your ID...please check your spam.

Nothing in Spam.
    All I've had is :

1. Welcome to Ikoula
    2. Ikoula Order confirmation
    3. Invoice paid confirmation
  • @Ikoula

Already sent hours ago. No reply or anything. Also i paid the invoice but not got any confirmation email just: open
    But my account balance is 0eur so.. maybe paid.

Thanks!

Where to open a ticket? Only email support?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
  • @Ikoula
    Any setup time estimated? just paid one.

• Dedicated must not exceed USD$49/month recurring on monthly billing, with no setup fee.

Isn't this against the rules since it has setup fees?

Thanked by 1J1021
  • cochoncochon Member

Isn't this against the rules since it has setup fees?

Probably technically, but since the setup fee plus first month is way lower than the monthly limit, and could be presented in that way, i.e. a higher initial payment. I for one would prefer to see such offers allowed to pass.

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • @andrewn said:
    alaningus: keep us updated how it goes. If it's smooth I might order one too.

Hmmm...

3 minutes to sign up and be charged.

4.5 hours to get the ID Validation email.

No dedi yet.

Not so smooth - maybe I'm just unlucky!

• ben78ben78 Member

Hi

Asking for an ID over an insecure email address is a big no for me - I don't want my ID being used by criminals - and that's sad as this seems like an interesting deal. It there a secure way to send it that I missed?

Second question: why do you send the password in plain text once we create a new account?

Thanks!

@alaningus answered by pm everything validated one hour ago unfortunately delivery service is off duty, you'll get your server tomorow.

@ZweiTiger you can open a ticket writing to [email protected] or give me customer ID i will check.

@ben78 You can send a crypted ID then call us and give the password.

Customer account password can be changed by editing customer profile.

• popupopu Member
    edited June 2015

@Ikoula I sent an Email for order #344323 validation.Could you check it out for me?

• superbabysuperbaby Member
    edited June 2015

@ikoula

Hello there.

I'm sorry to bother

I paid an hour ago my order , I was through paypal payment, but now the state of the order I still do not understand why is open and On Payment, additional server delivery time is when?

Please check.
    Please handle me as soon as possible.

• @ikoula

sent you a PM about this.

Thank you :)

• In France it's evening (19:27).

Have some patience as your order will be handled tomorrow :)

• Just FYI, F-Secure doesn't like your website and blocks it by default.

• aaaaand it's over :/ I'm always too late

• raza19raza19 Veteran

@Ikoula it has been 12 hours since I ordered, I've already sent the id verification document. Can you please take a look at orders #344205 & #344257

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2015

Its night here in europe, what do you expect?

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • I'm one of those waiting as well... ;) While we wait here's some detail I've been saving since the last Atom offer from Ikoula.

How to install Ubuntu 14.04 (via netboot), from @raphaj:

https://john.is/installing-ubuntu-14-04-on-ikoula-com-green-fish/

How to install CentOS 6.6 (via dd disk image), post from Archie:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/46539/france-dedi-atom510-4gb-1tb-5-33-month-limited-50first-orders/p5

@Archie said:
    For anyone interested, I just wrote a script to simply install CentOS on the server.

1. "netboot" from the control panel and wait until the server auto reboot to "netboot" mode

2. wget http://107.191.62.118/ikoula/install-centos-x86_64-on-ikoula.sh and run

3. reboot and enjoy

The CentOS script and drive image links aren't up any more. I'm hosting them here for anyone interested:

http://lt.futureuse.net/ik/install-centos-x86_64-on-ikoula.sh

http://lt.futureuse.net/ik/ikoula-centos6.6-x64.raw.gz

The usual caveats apply here - the work linked above is not mine, YMMV, fear for your data, your server may never be the same again, etc etc. :)

@Ikoula - thanks for getting us another offer and the assistance with this ordering process.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • heyzzxheyzzx Member

@Ikoula My order #344345
    Yesterday, I sent my identity card and driver's license to [email protected],but there has been no reply.Can you hlep me validate my account and order now?

• Looks like the Ikoula techies are back in. IP allocated to my server but not pingable yet.

A quick message to inform you the thirty servers have been sold.

I'm gonna read your messages now and make a longer answer in a moment.

• If I could get an update on order #344289 that would be perfect - just want to make sure my validation was on etc :)

@popu if you wrote to sales i do not have access to their emails.

@superbaby If you're a new customer you're probably stuck on validation account process, an automated emails has been sent asking to send a copy of your ID, if you want more information you can ask my colleagues from sales at [email protected]

@mpkossen Thanks i will report that.

@raza19 order 344257 has been delivered, i asked order 344205 to be processed.

@poolroom Thanks for the digging you've done i'am pretty sure it will be usefull and yeah it is somehow exhausting to answer messages here / ask sales or delivery services to speed up in addition of my everyday tasks.

@heyzzx Hello i have no notes not sure we got your mail could you contact sales directly at [email protected] please ? i also wrote them to have news.

@graystevens I have no notes either it does not mean you're forgotten but could you contact sales at [email protected]. For you too i asked news from my colleagues.

• @Ikoula

Can you help to take a look my order as well? thanks. Order #734171

• @poolroom said:
    How to install Ubuntu 14.04 (via netboot), from raphaj:

Just to double-check - if everything gets f**ked up doing this, the 'reset' function will still return it to original delivery state?

• @alaningus said:
    Just to double-check - if everything gets f**ked up doing this, the 'reset' function will still return it to original delivery state?

Sorry, I can't say - I'm still waiting on the server to try it myself. :) Well... I think I am. Maybe they're waiting on me? It's unclear at this stage.

Those instructions, scripts etc were put together by a few people on the previous Atom offer thread.

• @poolroom

OK cheers - and good luck with your server. Seems the ordering process has been anything but straightforward for most of us!

Shame that they don't appear to have been geared up to handle what was a pre-planned, limited offer of (I believe) pre-built servers.