Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good alternative of HMA?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good alternative of HMA?

MrVPSMrVPS Member

Hello Community.

I have purchased HMA VPN before 2-3 days and its hell to slow!

Is there any good alternative?

P.S I need US, Canada and Europe locations. No asia & africa.

Thank you for the help!

Comments

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

FinchVPN.

Thanked by 1MrVPS
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

+1 for cyberghost

They are much more in favor privacy than other VPN companies, they even moved to Romania to avoid German data retention laws.

Thanked by 1MrVPS
  • MrVPSMrVPS Member

Thank you Guys! I hope cyberghost are fast. Will order it.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited June 2015

Try F-Secure Freedome, the best quality alternative

Cyberghost use geolocated IP that bad

• http://lowendspirit.com

setup your own personal one.

Thanked by 2ATHK TheLinuxBug
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2015

4n0nx said: They are much more in favor privacy than other VPN companies, they even moved to Romania to avoid German data retention laws.

That's not what their LinkedIn profile says.

Also, Cyberghost are scumbags. They shill on forums (including this one!) and pay "top VPN lists" to include them. I strongly doubt they give even the tiniest shit about privacy. Their ToS are very dubious also:

CyberGhost VPN should provide you with the possibility to perform internet traffic using a computer (the so-called VPN-Server) in various regions and to keep your IP address hidden. Your data traffic is thus encoded and can not be spied out. The goal of CyberGhost VPN is to protect your privacy. CyberGhost VPN tolerates and supports no criminal acts.

1. "Data traffic is encoded"? That doesn't even mean anything in this context.
    2. "Tolerates and supports no criminal acts"? Great, that effectively makes it useless, because of the wide variety of things that are considered "criminal acts" depending on jurisdiction - including dissent.

They also claim to keep no logs, but like with any other VPN provider, this is extremely unlikely - they're not going to go to court for the $5/month you're paying them. That doesn't even pay for the lawyer's coffee.

TL;DR Avoid Cyberghost. In fact, avoid VPNs entirely, they're not meant to be used for privacy or anonymity (and it's technically impossible for them to provide that).

If you need to bypass geo-restrictions, use a proxy service specifically for that connection. If you need strong anonymity, use Tor. If you want to torrent without receiving scareletters, use a BitTorrent proxy like BTGuard, that only proxies your torrents (or even just a seedbox). VPNs aren't the right solution to any of this.

EDIT: Cue VPN providers trying to protect their business, and shouting at me that I have it all wrong, providing zero actual substance and lots of marketing.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

TinyTunnel_Tom said: setup your own personal one.

Not a everyone can deal with NAT VPS VPN setup routine. Also traffic limited instead shared VPN offers.

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited June 2015

joepie91 said: That's not what their LinkedIn profile says.

The LinkedIn profile says exactly that. Did you even read?

They even allow Tor exit nodes. :)

• rokokrokok Member

AirVPN

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

joepie91 said: Tolerates and supports no criminal acts"? Great, that effectively makes it useless, because of the wide variety of things that are considered "criminal acts" depending on jurisdiction - including dissent.

https://www.cyberghostvpn.com/en_us/transparency-report

• JürgenMJürgenM Member
    edited June 2015

Just to be clear, I did recommend Cyberghost and VyprVPN because @MrVPS appears to be looking for a fast VPN - both Vypr and Ghost are fast and stable, what privacy policy they operate under does not matter if you use a VPN for normal regular day-to-day PC usage (online gaming, video streaming, etc) and just want to cover your own IP against attacks or prevent traffic interception.

• MrVPSMrVPS Member
    edited June 2015

hmmm... Am trying it to use in my Win VPS but it disconnects when I activate thair VPN (RDP). Seems they offer only PPTP and not Openvpn connection.

• @MrVPS said:
    hmmm... Am trying it to use in my Win VPS but it disconnects when I activate thair VPN (RDP). Seems they offer only PPTP and not Openvpn connection.

If i remember correctly you need their most expensive plan to use other vpn protocols like OpenVPN.

https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/772/0/how-to-configure-openvpn-for-windows-7

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

MrVPS said: hmmm... Am trying it to use in my Win VPS but it disconnects when I activate thair VPN (RDP). Seems they offer only PPTP and not Openvpn connection.

Cyberghost offers OpenVPN. I am using it right now :)

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

JürgenM said: what privacy policy they operate under does not matter if you use a VPN for normal regular day-to-day PC usage

That sounds like "I only encrypt stuff that no one is allowed to see" >.>

• @4n0nx said:
    That sounds like "I only encrypt stuff that no one is allowed to see" >.>

their privacy policy is not going to change how their vpn protocols and their encryptions work. if you are afraid that the vpn provider is snooping on your data then you are probably doing something that shouldn't even been processed by a public vpn provider in the first place and should setup your own infrastructure.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

JürgenM said: you are probably doing something that shouldn't even been processed by a public vpn provider in the first place

Yes I am browsing LET.

• fitvpn said: Try F-Secure Freedome, the best quality alternative

have you actually tried them? if so you would know they block a hell of a lot.

• MrVPSMrVPS Member

@4n0nx said:
    Cyberghost offers OpenVPN. I am using it right now :)

Am using the 14 days trial right now and there is no option to select connection type.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

MrVPS said: Am using the 14 days trial right now and there is no option to select connection type.

I didn't know they had trial.. stupid when you can't use the things you are planning to buy it for during the trial..

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

TarZZ92 said: have you actually tried them? if so you would know they block a hell of a lot.

Yep I uses their 60 day trial when they starts, no problem quality and fast, also nice app for Android. Now they -50% off 19.95 EUR + 5 EUR for every two devices up to five

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

They have traffic filters inside app, just go to setting and disable if not needed, and be fine :)

• @4n0nx said:
    Yes I am browsing LET.

Alright, me too.

• fitvpn said: They have traffic filters inside app, just go to setting and disable if not needed, and be fine :)

you miss understand..

disable them if you wish but it changes nothing.

then run http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/

• privateinternetaccess, or Tor!

• MrVPSMrVPS Member

@linuxthefish said:
    privateinternetaccess, or Tor!

Purchased privateinternetaccess.com and is not working on windows server :) am getting same IP always, support not able to help also. But it have great server locations.

• @MrVPS said:
    Purchased privateinternetaccess.com and is not working on windows server :) am getting same IP always, support not able to help also. But it have great server locations.

Soo.. Cyberghost and Privateinternetaccess didnt work out so far! maybe you should give my first suggestion a shot!

https://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn

It works fine on windows.

• MrVPSMrVPS Member

@JürgenM said:

14.99 month its not the cheapest.

• @MrVPS said:
    14.99 month its not the cheapest.

I agree. but you never mentioned any budget we should be looking out for! i'm just suggesting you the best and that's not going to be cheap at all.. but atleast it'll perform good!