Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any free VPS left? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any free VPS left?

Comments

• @AnthonySmith I would agree 100% ... him and Dr Mike even randomly took a post I made here, and started commenting on it at VPSB -__-. Then they tried attacking me on my promotion offers with #'s and figures that totally made up out of their head, saying I offer GVH plans lol. I expect a video of me being a scam in the next few days.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • @4n0nx said:

Will be auto killed every 10 seconds.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

TinyTunnel_Tom said: Will be auto killed every 10 seconds.

:( why

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited June 2015

Dillybob said: Options

Dillybob Member

AnthonySmith said: Me and dilly will never see eye to eye so I am just going to ignore him, I wont even moderate his posts as he thinks I have a personal issue with him.

No, you are just very set in stone on your beliefs and are not open minded to criticism or change. You still have not articulated one reason why the freevps board is 'NOT' violating adsenses terms of services, but instead, you resort to argument fallacies like comparing adsense to BSA which is a totally different advertising agency. Stuff like that is hilarious and holds merit in argumentation.

Go back to page 1 and I already outlined how it's specifically violating their terms of service by offering an incentive for ad impressions. That is NOT okay. It's in direct violation of adsenses TOS and they need to be held accountable. Just like WHT is misleading thousands by the day.

• ya, just go typical developing country person style and ask to be sponsored, some bottom feeder host will be more than happy to give you a free vps.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Dillybob said: You still have not articulated one reason why the freevps board is 'NOT' violating adsenses terms of services

One would think they would have been suspended long ago...

• @4n0nx said:
    :( why

Not really a good source of traffic. Most VZ providers ban it anyway

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

TinyTunnel_Tom said: Not really a good source of traffic. Most VZ providers ban it anyway

not a "good source of traffic" how? It just relays lots of traffic that's it..

And yeah a lot of providers offer "unmetered but you can't use it for anything that would require unmetered". And the other half offers "unmetered and you can use it for anything but Tor. You can pirate 50GB BDRips but not use Tor". ,_,

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited June 2015

4n0nx said: One would think they would have been suspended long ago...

Just because adsense hasn't suspended someone doesn't mean they are still not in violation of their terms of service. You would wonder how many reports they get and how many they give a damn about.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Dillybob said: Just because adsense hasn't suspended someone doesn't mean they are still not in violation of their terms of service. You would wonder how many reports they get and how many they give a damn about.

Yes, it does mean that. Google is very strict about its rules.

• emgemg Veteran

Back on Topic:

I know someone who has a free VPS from Digital Ocean. It is part of the GitHub Student Pack, which includes several additional offers from other companies. I searched online, and it includes $100 worth of credit with Digital Ocean for new sign-ups.

Obviously you must be a student to qualify for it.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

emg said: I know someone who has a free VPS from Digital Ocean. It is part of the GitHub Student Pack, which includes several additional offers from other companies. I searched online, and it includes $100 worth of credit with Digital Ocean for new sign-ups.

The $100 credit are valid for 12 months and if you don't have a student email address and provide a student ID scan, they will keep the scan forever. :(

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2015

Dillybob said: No, you are just very set in stone on your beliefs and are not open minded to criticism or change. You still have not articulated one reason why the freevps board is 'NOT' violating adsenses terms of services

I believe I did, your unwillingness to accept my example does not change that.

Dillybob said: but instead, you resort to argument fallacies like comparing adsense to BSA which is a totally different advertising agency. Stuff like that is hilarious and holds merit in argumentation.

I was trying and did get to the bottom of why you would care so much about adsense and not BSA, you answered that you dont like people who abuse adsense (in your opinion) because you plan on using them but gave no other reason.

Dillybob said: Go back to page 1 and I already outlined how it's specifically violating their terms of service by offering an incentive for ad impressions. That is NOT okay. It's in direct violation of adsenses TOS and they need to be held accountable. Just like WHT is misleading thousands by the day.

Like I said I don't hold the same opinion as you and do not interpret the similar activities to cover what freevps do.

And finally as you have said, the report has been filed, I know first hand that adsense do take reports of misuse of adsense very seriously so when they look in to it within a few weeks and they will, you will either have to accept it is not a violation of the policy or I will have to accept your right, I am fine with either.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • getvpsgetvps Member

If money is an issue, you can start an affiliate program and you can earn more than a free VPS .. my affiliate stats on VULTR (May 2015) :)

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

getvps said: If money is an issue, you can start an affiliate program and you can earn more than a free VPS .. my affiliate stats on VULTR (May 2015) :)

I have never made a cent with affiliate marketing :(

• getvpsgetvps Member

@4n0nx , is first time when i try this and now i earn more than 50$ just from search engine visits .. i'm happy with auto-paid VPS's :D

• rokokrokok Member

FREE VPS

“If you’re not paying for the product, you are the product.”

• @rokok said:
    “If you’re not paying for the product, you are the product.”

So? People pay to use other people all the time. We call it employment.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom I'll take a VPS, it'd be a nice place to finish my one-click minecraft panel. (will be released under a GPLv3 license)

• @getvps
    I didn't make cents with affiliate programs yet. Could you share what you did (like SEO, places for posts, any tips suggested) to make it more profitable?

@rokok
    I totally agree with you. So one really should read carefully when using some new services and they prompt you with a long long user agreement.

@emg
    Yes I've got some DO credits but it still requires a billing profile file with credit card or paypal recharge. Their seems to ask for official-issued IDs for some case. Also generally their TOS is more strict than other providers. Understandable but not quite my taste.

Regarding this topic, I don't care if my experience with some VPS become some promotional stuff as long as they asked for my agreement, just if they take basic responsibility for sensitive data.

• @kevinapril
    Good for another sandbox! It gives me a feel of an openstack version of Koding.com.

Sometimes different geolocation is good for testing, and any local solution won't help.
    VPN or related protocols do work, but sometimes inconvenient.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    TinyTunnel_Tom I'll take a VPS, it'd be a nice place to finish my one-click minecraft panel. (will be released under a GPLv3 license)

Shoot us a PM

• xyzxyz Member

AWS free tier for 12 months: https://aws.amazon.com/free/

Openshift, not really a VPS, but you get (non-root) SSH access and it stays online, unlike Koding.com, so you can run actual web applications.

• @xyz Ah yeah I forgot them..
    Perfect within the free tier period but a bit expensive after.
    Nevertheless it's a secure ,robust and flexible provider.

Just wondering if they accept multiple accounts enjoying free tier with a same card.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

xyz said: AWS free tier for 12 months

One wrong step and they charge directly from your credit card. There are enough horror stories about that. And the free tier is really limited, it's not worth the trouble (and the risk).

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

free AWS only has 15GB bandwidth ~.~

• AlajosAlajos Member
    edited June 2015

@4n0nx said:
    free AWS only has 15GB bandwidth ~.~

Per month? Where did u read that?

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Alajos said: Per month? Where did u read that?

https://aws.amazon.com/free/

Data Transfer

15 GB of bandwidth out aggregated across all AWS services*

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11811242/amazon-aws-ec2-free-tier

Thanked by 1Alajos
  • AlajosAlajos Member

Thats not much.

Haphost was the best.

It would be nice if OVH or DO would start a small free plan.