Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any free VPS left? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any free VPS left?

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Dillybob it is not solely to increase ad impressions though.

@justin486 just install virtualbox... free VPS right there.

Thanked by 1Lm85H4gFkh3wk3
  • AnthonySmith said: @Dillybob it is not solely to increase ad impressions though.

That's just a part of it and my opinion on it, but the actual policy is:

The term "pay-to" refers to sites that promise payment or incentives to users who click on ads, surf the web, read emails, or perform other similar tasks. Placing Google ads on such pages may result in invalid impressions or clicks and is therefore prohibited. Similarly, sites which primarily drive traffic to or discuss pay-to services are not permitted to show ads.

They are offering an incentive (FREE virtual server) for users to post on their forums and keep it active (perform other similar tasks). There is really no grey area here. The forum is violating adsense's terms of service and I already reported it. It's also giving advertisers's false impressions.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Dillybob said:
    All you do is attack someone's character it's kind of annoying tbh. Please stop.

Thought you were blocking me?

Prick.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Dillybob said: The forum is violating adsense's terms of service and I already reported it.

I'm sure @dmmcintyre3 will be interested to learn that.

edited June 2015

Dillybob said: There is really no grey area here

It is 50 shades of grey if not more, the requirements are that you stay an active forum member and that is to avoid abuse of the service not to drive up ad revenue while I accept that is a secondary symptom.

Being an active part of a community is not classed as a similar tasks to the read emails make money, click ads make money type crap that is all over the web, it is clear what type of schemes google are trying to discourage with that policy and this is not one of them.

The way your twisting 'other similar tasks' you could over lay it on anything, a website provides Education for FREE to children in poverty, in order to keep access to the FREE education you must remain an active part of the community.... you going to report that as well?

I don't know why I am surprised or why I have wasted my time typing this you seem to spend your day looking for things to spew your bile on to... sigh.

While your at it BSA does not allow embedded code/cookies to give unfair advantage to advertisers on places using the BSA adverts, so you should be reporting LET as well for that, please go and do that and confirm when you have done it please.

Thanked by 1OnraHost
  • DillybobDillybob Member
    edited June 2015

AnthonySmith said: While your at it BSA does not allow embedded code/cookies to give unfair advantage to advertisers on places using the BSA adverts, so you should be reporting LET as well for that, please go and do that and confirm when you have done it please.

BSA != Adsense. Different policies, rules, terms of service etc. I have no idea why you would bring that up.

AnthonySmith said: It is 50 shades of grey if not more, the requirements are that you stay an active forum member and that is to avoid abuse of the service not to drive up ad revenue while I accept that is a secondary symptom.

..And you just proved my point. See bold. Staying active is to increase false ad impressions, thus, violation of the terms of service. I already pointed out to you why it's the case. There is no '50 shades of grey', it's only what you think.

AnthonySmith said: The way your twisting 'other similar tasks' you could over lay it on anything, a website provides Education for FREE to children in poverty, in order to keep access to the FREE education you must remain an active part of the community.... you going to report that as well?

See bold. If that requires them to post on a forum to gain ad-impressions, then ultimately yes. It doesn't matter the cause or reason it. It's the incentive that leads to false ad impressions is what adsense is worried about. And you should be to if you ever want to use adwords in the future. You don't want to pay for an advertisement you made to be put on a website that the user doesn't give a shit about and is only there to keep their 'VPS' running now do you? That's why adsense has these policies in the first place.

You literately missed the point of everything I said.

Thanked by 1OnraHost
    edited June 2015

AnthonySmith said: You literately missed the point of everything I said.

LOL. Nice argument. Not at all. You just compared BSA to adsense AFAIK... You literally missed the entire point not me. I accept your defeat though. If you want to continue to defend fraudulent communities that deceive their advertisers that's sad.

No.... no I did not, I pointed out that if people breaching advertising bodies regulation is so important to you then you need to report LET as well.

You are currently and as standard so far off the mark with everything it is almost sad, you are a classic case of someone who should not be left with any free time in front of a computer.

edited June 2015

AnthonySmith said: No.... no I did not, I pointed out that if people breaching advertising bodies regulation is so important to you then you need to report LET as well.

What are you even talking about? How is BSA in any way shape or form relevant to the adsense issue? Totally different advertising agency.

AnthonySmith said: You are currently and as standard so far off the mark with everything it is almost sad, you are a classic case of someone who should not be left with any free time in front of a computer.

More ad-hom babble, don't waste your time with your personal attacks lowers your credibility and does nothing to me btw.

Dillybob said: What are you even talking about? How is BSA in any way shape or form relevant to the adsense issue? Totally different advertising agency.

Let me ask you this then, why do you care so much about breaching of adsense terms and not BSA?

• AnthonySmith said: Let me ask you this then, why do you care so much about breaching of adsense terms and not BSA?

I plan on using adwords in the future.. lol

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Dillybob said: I plan on using adwords in the future.. lol

Oh.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited June 2015

@AnthonySmith said:
    justin486 just install virtualbox... free VPS right there.

... and while you're at it, install RSOS (red star OS). I guarantee -100% that you will like it.

• @justin4869
    vps-mart offers free vps for 6 months. Windows/Linux, US IP
    http://i.imgur.com/ncbExJo.png
    36cloud - free vps for 1mo. "Try out cloud servers for free!
    http://i.imgur.com/W6dm4Ei.png
    No CC required

• @AnthonySmith

No sense in arguing with someone who always misses the point. Good references/points though! I would of made them myself on the BSA and example of a learning site, but he would of breezed past it and not of made the connection you were trying to make, like he eventually did.

• OnraHost said: No sense in arguing with someone who always misses the point. Good references/points though! I would of made them myself on the BSA and example of a learning site, but he would of breezed past it and not of made the connection you were trying to make, like he eventually did.

More babble from you / fish for thanks post. Go back to WHT and do your signature spamming shit there.

edited June 2015

I didnt mention in the case, you do a project. Most providers throw vps's at you for free.

But Dedi, is a different thing.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • @Dillybob Unlike you I can give two craps about "thanks" lmfao. I don't get high on the internet unlike you and your youtube videos...I actually have a life outside of this. But thanks for your concern!

And hmmm, while I would agree a lot of hosts sig spam WHT, I rarely post there; In fact I rarely post anywhere for that matter.... yup go ahead and check, my posts here, there, vpsb, and just about everywhere else are far and few in-between. So you can take your assumptions and opinions and again, stick them where the sun don't shine :)

edited June 2015

OnraHost said: And hmmm, while I would agree a lot of hosts sig spam WHT, I rarely post there; In fact I rarely post anywhere for that matter.... yup go ahead and check, my posts here, there, vpsb, and just about everywhere else are far and few in-between. So you can take your assumptions and opinions and again, stick them where the sun don't shine :)

You should probably go fix your links / website instead of again, using your ad-hom attacks against me saying 'I used to smoke or get high', which I have never done drugs. Move along please.

https://vpsboard.com/topic/7226-webhostingtalk-worst-of-the-hosting-industry/?p=96082

And:
    https://vpsboard.com/topic/7226-webhostingtalk-worst-of-the-hosting-industry/?p=96119

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Infinity580 said: I didnt mention in the case, you do a project. Most providers throw vps's at you for free.

pls elaborate

• OnraHostOnraHost Member
    edited June 2015

@Dillybob WTF?? nobody, including me, attacked you what so ever.

Nor did I say "you used to smoke or get high"???? Its an expression used to counter your "thanks" comment. What is wrong with you? What country are you from? I'm just trying to figure out why you overhead and make asinine assumptions from stuff that isn't even there.

EDIT: @AnthonySmith I don't even know why I started with this man again. I feel sorry for your mod position to have to deal with these things.

I am faithfully bowing out, I will not respond any further to @Dillybob as he doesn't seem to read English all that well. You win @Dillybob ... you win!

edited June 2015

OnraHost said: Nor did I say "you used to smoke or get high"???? Its an expression used to counter your "thanks" comment.

I don't get high on the internet unlike you and your youtube videos

You said that, like 20 minutes ago, and I just archived it in-case you delete. https://archive.is/IWmN6

• smh...your proving my point more and more, and you don't even realize it. Why don't you re-read what I say about 50 more times lol

Have a good day sir.

@4n0nx Instead of creating a new Thread with "drama" content, you write about your project and ask for a VPS.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • I would happily provide anyone here with a free VPS if they contribute and are going to use it for good reasons. Shoot me a PM.

Thanked by 1OnraHost

@OntaHost I have given up on him, he will twist anything to fit his goal and when you don't agree he will reduce your argument to the point of being ridiculous and then with an ironic twist throw an Ad-Hom in there which always gives me a smile.

Me and dilly will never see eye to eye so I am just going to ignore him, I wont even moderate his posts as he thinks I have a personal issue with him.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

TinyTunnel_Tom said: I would happily provide anyone here with a free VPS if they contribute and are going to use it for good reasons. Shoot me a PM.

Tor is good, yes? ^.^