Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] E-mail Hosting Promo - $5/year (regularly $15) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] E-mail Hosting Promo - $5/year (regularly $15)

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@telephone said:
    Jar how long does the offer last? Is there a certain amount available?

In reference to this I stated that things may change based on the number of orders that I get. I've set stock at a limit, 25 more orders. Given the time of evening and the natural thread sink, that will probably be good for another 12-24 hours :)

• Always wanted to try MXRoute. Just placed my order. :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • mikeimikei Member

Same here. Rackspace will wait).

Thanked by 1jar
  • JustMeJustMe Member

And another customer. Great offer.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I'm in :D great deal

Thanked by 1jar
  • mailbox size is 5GB per email account or 5GB in total?

Wow guys, nice response. Only 10 left. That's insane.

@CoolMoon said:
    mailbox size is 5GB per email account or 5GB in total?

In total, use the space in any arrangement you like :)

• J1021J1021 Member

Jar said: Yeah, but if you set it to local exchanger then any mail originating from that server will be delivered locally and any mail that goes to your second MX first will land there, so you'll effectively have two inboxes for each account where mail could arrive at. It's ok with me of course, and that option is available (and active by default), but I would think it would be rather annoying.

Sorry! I don't have access to any cPanel accounts at the moment so I pulled that image from Google. It's a really bad demonstration on my part, disregard the red circle.

There is a "backup mail exchange" option where you can configure cPanel to hold mail until it can deliver it to an MX record you specify. It works somehow like that, I don't recall it in perfect detail but that's the basic principal.

It does work, I've used it before with ordinary accounts. Anyway, I was just asking if that option was available in your interface and I have my answer, it is.

Pretty sure I still have a free MXRoute account that you gifted me for the year on my last birthday, but I'll be purchasing again. The VestaCP put me off last time, not sure why. I much prefer a cPanel interface.

edited June 2015

@kcaj said:
    There is a "backup mail exchange" option where you can configure cPanel to hold mail until it can deliver it to an MX record you specify. It works somehow like that, I don't recall it in perfect detail but that's the basic principal.

Oh wow. I never even tried to use it. I feel dumb for missing that, totally cool!

• J1021J1021 Member

Jar said: Wonder when they did that...

Err.. it's been there for years now!

Anyhow, I've found a new market for your product. Where are my shares? ;)

Thanked by 1jar

@kcaj said:
    Anyhow, I've found a new market for your product. Where are my shares? ;)

Haha you always have had better eyes than me :P

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited June 2015

Is it possible to forward all catch-all?

Jar said: Greylisting (can be toggled on or off)

And can it be done only for all the accounts at once or also for a select few?

• cassacassa Member

@Traffic said: Is it possible to forward all catch-all?

Yep :-)

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • ChuckChuck Member

Can I set up email address would be automatically deleted after a specific length of time?

• done ordered. ho now the setup has change to Cpanel?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thanked by 1jar
  • Well, had an annual MX500 from their launch and still added this to the account. Not sure what to use this now but for a $5/year, it is insane. Great service so far!

Thanked by 1jar
  • May i know if its a lifetime promo or only for the first year?

@Traffic said:
    Is it possible to forward all catch-all?

And can it be done only for all the accounts at once or also for a select few?

Oh dear, you really want to test my outgoing filter lol. If it gets bad I'm going to disable it. Catchall can be called a spam trap, forwarding spam gets IPs blocked. I'll do my best but beware ;)

@Chuck said:
    Can I set up email address would be automatically deleted after a specific length of time?

Would have to be done manually.

@praveen said:
    done ordered. ho now the setup has change to Cpanel?

Yeah I'm more confident in cPanel's reaction time for patching holes.

@masterqqq said:
    May i know if its a lifetime promo or only for the first year?

Lifetime.

Well that sold out in record time :)

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited June 2015

Jar said: Oh dear, you really want to test my outgoing filter lol. If it gets bad I'm going to disable it.

Disable forwarding to external addresses I assume? For all the users or only for problematic ones?

Jar said: Well that sold out in record time :)

Ouch.

Traffic said: Disable forwarding to external addresses I assume?

For the most part it's ok, I'm pretty confident in my outgoing filter. If you're forwarding a catchall to Gmail or something like that, you're still going to make me sweat ;)

Thanked by 1Traffic

Promo code LET15 for 15% off other packages is still good. I probably won't run a promo like this again. It served it's purpose, to bring in some new customers with a low entry point to try us out :)

edited June 2015

This package has been temporarily adjusted to limit 200 outgoing emails per hour and halt at 40% deferred outgoing e-mails. This will be lifted after an undetermined amount of time, merely to assist in halting outgoing spam before it becomes a problem.

• Hi @Jar

Is this offer closed completely or will you add some more 'stock' ?

I thought it was up for 60 days

Only just spotted the thread :-(

@alaningus said:
    Hi Jar

Is this offer closed completely or will you add some more 'stock' ?

I thought it was up for 60 days

Only just spotted the thread :-(

Hey there! I had to limit the stock after reaction was a bit greater than I expected. I don't want to end up with an extremely oversold server due to the promo, so I probably won't be doing one like this again.

The main purpose was to get some new customers in the door, definitely did that :)

• ChuckChuck Member

@Jar said:
    Would have to be done manually.

How easy is it to set it up? I need disposable email address for some giveaway stuffs.

Chuck said: How easy is it to set it up? I need disposable email address for some giveaway stuffs.

Basically you just create an e-mail address in the panel and then delete it when you are finished with it.

• @Jar said: ...so I probably won't be doing one like this again.

Pity that I missed the super deal. Then what's the next best price for this 5GB package and when will it be on sale again? I am not in a hurry and can wait until next offer/deal:)