Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor 2.7.4 Launched - Multi Disk for VPS and New UI
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor 2.7.4 Launched - Multi Disk for VPS and New UI

Hi,

The Virtualizor Team has released Virtualizor 2.7.4
This version has some cool new features and some bug fixes.
The following is a list of changes in this version:

1) [Feature] New UI : We have added the option to enable the new UI. There are many improvements and fixes since we first launched the new UI in Beta. An Admin can enable the new UI from the Virtualizor Admin Panel -> Configuration -> Master Settings -> Enable New UI for endusers. The new Enduser UI is now in the Release Candidate stage and we expect it to be fully stable in the next release.

2) Multi Disk provisioning is now possible in Virtualizor for KVM, Xen. However the Hypervisor limits will apply e.g. KVM doesnt allow more than 3 IDE devices for a VM.

3) VM Disk Stats : We have added the support for accumulating disk statistics for KVM, Xen and XenServer VPS. For KVM an hourly cron will be run to accumulate the data to give the most recent statistic available. For Xen and XenServer (including KVM), the data will be collected when the VM is booted via Virtualizor.

4) VM CPU monitoring : We have added the support for CPU monitoring of KVM, Xen and XenServer VPS. Previously it was only available for OpenVZ. The CPU monitoring is still in a beta stage, however it will be very close to the actual usage.

5) [Feature] We added IOPS support for KVM VMs which utilize an LVM storage. Previously it was only available for file based VMs. This feature will work on CentOS 7+ Nodes only.

6) [Feature] We have enabled XenServer VM Backups via FTP and SSH for 64 Bit systems e.g. XenServer 6.5

7) [Feature] Added the option to enable SSL for MySQL connections to the PDNS server. You can enable this while editing or adding a new PDNS server.

8) [Feature] Added the option to delete the Backup for OpenVZ VMs in the enduser panel.

9) [Task] Now the Admin can add an ISO in Virtualizor if they have downloaded the ISO to the /var/virtualizor/iso path. The ISO URL is now optional.

10) [Task] We have added an handler to edit the fstab of a VM if VirtIO is enabled for a VM via the Edit wizard.

11) [Task] Now, the OS template size will be checked on the slave. If it doesnt match the size as per the Master, the OS template will be downloaded again.

12) [Task] For OpenVZ VMs, we have added the support for Internal IPv4 Netmask.

13) [Task] Added check for primary IP while adding an IP or creating a new IP pool.

14) [Task] Improved API : The Data Sync API between nodes has been improved.

15) [Task] Added OSID on OS template page for convenience.

16) [Bugs] Changed the default Xen network interface for CentOS 6+ nodes to eth0 from peth0. This fixes the bandwidth usage calculation of the node.

17) [Bugs] While adding a Slave server, if the Version of the Master and the Slave were not same, there could be a possible partial loss of VM data. This is fixed now as we have added a version check for the Slave server.

18) [Bugs] Previously a Cloud User could delete a subuser even if the user had a VM. This is fixed now.

19) [Bugs] Added a check for Number of Cores while adding or editing a VPS. The number of cores cannot be empty while adding / editing a VPS.

20) [Bugs] The .inf file was not created on OpenVZ nodes for local backups. This is fixed now.

21) [Bugs] The VM Migration wizard did not consider the Overcommit RAM setting. This is fixed now.

22) [Bugs] A Cloud user could create a subuser with the same email. This is fixed now.

23) [Bugs] While creating a Windows template, the WINTOOL LVM was not deleted after the process. This is fixed now.

24) [Bugs] If the Master node is a multivirt of KVM and OpenVZ, while saving Slave Configuration settings for the master like CPU Model, timezone, etc. was not working. This is fixed now.

25) [Bugs] If a Cloud user was allowed to create unlimited subusers by setting "0", the cloud user would not be able to create any subuser. This is fixed now.

26) [Bugs] In Xen if XL was enabled, the vif name of a VM was not detected correctly. This is fixed now.

Note : We have added an option to "Disable New Theme" in Virtualizor Admin Panel -> Configuration -> Master Settings. This setting is for admins who would like to have the old Enduser theme enabled when we launch the new enduser theme in the next release as stable. Saving the "Disable New Theme" will disable the new theme till the time we support the old theme i.e. 6 months from the date of making the new theme stable.

We would like to thank all users who have helped in improving the enduser UI.

Virtualizor supports OpenVZ, Xen, XenServer and Linux-KVM on CentOS and Ubuntu and they all can be managed from the Master. We are adding more features and if you have any suggestions, do let us know. We hope you enjoy this version of Virtualizor.

Full Article : http://www.virtualizor.com/blog/?p=1024

Regards,
The Virtualizor Team

Thanked by 2Gadelhas steny

Comments

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

UI looks Superb.
    Congrats !!

• FritzFritz Veteran

Good one!
    Love the new UI. :)

• Even the admin panel will go in for a little revamp. There are lots of new things coming soon.

• I do not use it the but i like to read their threads ...

they are advancing and announcing it properly

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@virtualizor Very nice control panel, Please make a hosting billing software which support Softaculous, Solusvm, paypal, perfectmoney, bitcoin..etc.

If Softaculous team will make a billing software then I bet many hosting company's will switch to softaculous new billing system.

• wychwych Member

Nice to see more development!

@DewlanceVPS why, just let them build the management stack and leave the billing alone, if you want one why not use the API and build your own?

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@wych said:
    Nice to see more development!

DewlanceVPS why, just let them build the management stack and leave the billing alone, if you want one why not use the API and build your own?

Only big company can afford money for building own software. My company is small and can't afford to make a API. ;/

• We won't be making a standalone billing software. But I do know that a support desk solution is in the works

• virtualizor said: Even the admin panel will go in for a little revamp. There are lots of new things coming soon.

Thats good news :)

• @virtualizor said:

Does the KVM disk monitoring look at the size of the disk file currently on the node filesystem?

Does the KVM CPU monitoring record the KVM process and how much CPU it is using on the node? Or another way?

• @virtualizor you've so many fixes can't even imagine the overall quality of code.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

alexvolk said: @virtualizor you've so many fixes can't even imagine the overall quality of code.

SHOTS FIRED!

Thanked by 1drserver
  • alexvolk said: you've so many fixes can't even imagine the overall quality of code.

I have seen part of the Virtualizor source, it looks well written and nice and modular. I haven't carried out any audit, but the few modules that I've looked at it seems to cover the obvious things with user supplied data.

• @alexvolk said:
    virtualizor you've so many fixes can't even imagine the overall quality of code.

SolusVM have many more fixes to do but they just want to do nothing where as @virtualizor try to improve their product with regular features & fixes.

• vpslegendvpslegend Member
    edited June 2015

@AnthonySmith said:
    SHOTS FIRED!

If you tell virtualizor about some bug in their products they will work to fix it & you'll see it in their next releases according to priority whereas with solusvm good luck. Will give just one example that their solusvm v2 should have been out probably 2 years ago. Remember how long ago it was promised? Trust me I have used both & solusvm is just howllow promises with support which doesn't even give a **** whereas you will see the difference in virtualizor who are not only willing to fix the issues but have very helpful support as well.

• Some of the above bugs I found and reported, was fixed within a few hours and given the patch file instantly to fix on my system. Very good support and never have a problem taking on board feedback & requests.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited June 2015

Oh wow - this looks 10,000% better than SolusVM and the features seem better too...

If Virtualizor has better/decent support and a reseller API for clients, I'd be more than happy to switch away from SolusVM (who ironically took over 3+ years of stalling before implementing a reseller API... in the second version that will probably never come out).

• BruceBruce Member

I'd prefer to not have bugs, but can't complain when their support resolves them

• @doghouch said:
    Oh wow - this looks 10,000% better than SolusVM and the features seem better too...

If Virtualizor has better/decent support and a reseller API for clients, I'd be more than happy to switch away from SolusVM (who ironically took over 3+ years of stalling before implementing a reseller API... in the second version that will probably never come out).

Yes they do have support for reseller api: http://virtualizor.com/wiki/WHMCS_Module_for_Resellers

^ That is the automated whmcs module for resellers to use to automate provisioning vm's like you do as the host.

• BruceBruce Member
    edited June 2015

WHMCS modules aren't great. no debugging/logging, so when stuff doesn't work, you've got nowhere to go. the code is open, but I've not had time to look at it.

also:

http://virtualizor.com/wiki/WHMCS_Module_to_create_Reseller_Accounts

once I get hourly billing working it will be a nice cloud solution. too many other things on my task list though.

• Virtualizor sucks.

• wychwych Member

@toirdaprr said:
    Virtualizor sucks.

Why?

• @toirdaprr said:
    Virtualizor sucks.

Really unless you have used it you have no where to say anything
    As this is the virtualizor topic(by virtualizor themselves) not a flame war or anything else topic.

• BruceBruce Member

@toirdaprr said:
    Virtualizor sucks.

please either explain the comment or STFU

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2015

Bruce said: please either explain the comment or Just STFU

Fixed that for you.

http://solusvm.com/solusvm-2-end-user-area-base-ui/

It is coming :) I have been very vocal in the past about the failings in solusvm, I honestly believe that the right team and infrastructure is in place now to take it to the next level and iirc solusvm v2 will have dedicated server provisioning features as well.

Virtualizor currently has more features that is for sure but lets reserve judgement and give it a few more weeks and see what happens.

The head guy at virtualizor has said he does not want to be compared to solusvm because virtualizor is virtualizor, lets just say the next 6 months will be interesting, one will win and one will die that is for sure.

Thanked by 1MeanServers
  • @AnthonySmith said:

It is coming :) I have been very vocal in the past about the failings in solusvm, I honestly believe that the right team and infrastructure is in place now to take it to the next level and iirc solusvm v2 will have dedicated server provisioning features as well.

Virtualizor currently has more features that is for sure but lets reserve judgement and give it a few more weeks and see what happens.

The head guy at virtualizor has said he does not want to be compared to solusvm because virtualizor is virtualizor, lets just say the next 6 months will be interesting, one will win and one will die that is for sure.

That UI is enough to make me say die virtualizor

• @AnthonySmith said:

Can see some of the OnApp Design guys have had their input on that!

Looks nice and sleek through I must admit, just see if it all functions under the bonnet aswell as it looks.

One of the main reasons I am holding out is because solusvm is going to modular at some point hosts can develop their own modules for it, in my eyes that will be a game changer and allow hosts to break the mold.

Thanked by 2AshleyUk rsk