Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aurimas Rapalis, the Owner of Hostinger was murdered on 30th of last month. - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Aurimas Rapalis, the Owner of Hostinger was murdered on 30th of last month.

124»

Comments

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited June 2015

@easy I guess 31 is the average life expectancy in your country? In most it's much, much higher.

• is this news true?

• kkrajkkkrajk Member

I have been using 000webhost for the last 5 years (no active site for the last 6 months though) and had no problems with them at any point of time..

smooth service..

And free

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

I realize this is an old(ish) thread but I thought I would try to help clear some misconceptions here.

I personally knew Aurimas (owner/founder of Hostinger). His company was one of our clients, colocating servers with us in Hong Kong. It turned out he was also my neighbour, living in the same building as my Lithuanian home.

Sadly, this story is true. He was 31, not 17. The murder was 17 and his name was not revealed and it was definitely not Aurimas.

Rapalis/Raplio == the same. Lithuanians change endings of names depending on context. I do not speak Lithuanian (very little), so don;t ask me how or why this is the case.

Finally, Hostinger is fairly sizable. Not massive, but they have a team big enough to continue operations. It's only been a few months since this tragedy so only time will tell if they can really survive without Aurimas at the helm.