Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Viking Layer sold to new owner - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Viking Layer sold to new owner

2»

Comments

• @kcaj said:
    Same 'ere, son. Busy on LET for five weeks with a weeks holiday somewhere in-between. Gonna be 'ectic.

France for 2 weeks, Belgium for a few days and Scotland for 2-3 weeks and running SummerHost Ltd.

• @kcaj said:
    I've a spare bedroom with a lockable door available for the entire summer.

• cassacassa Member
    edited June 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Lord. Bharat

Bharat is doing good work at drServer. And don't forget the other people @drserver

• @cassa said:
    Bharat is doing good work at drServer, for me. And don't forget the other people drserver

Yeah this is accurate. Bharat is a nice person to work with and a nice colleague, with his quirks as everyone.

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • On the bright side, any current clients will be transfered to an awesome host.

@VikingLayer, sorry to see you go... Anyway, have a great rest of your life!

Thanked by 1drserver
  • fazarfazar Member

@Fusl said:
    Can't use OVH/Runabove. I am running high pps/qps DNS resolvers and OVH kept either shutting down the machines or the machines crashed without reason. That's when I moved to Viking Layer.

Fusl.. you manage some DNSCrypt's stuff right? I'm using one of your DNS resolver. Its fast and responsive! Thanks.

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited June 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Lord. Bharat

There was a time when @BharatB would jump in every thread saying irrelevant things & sometimes post very outlandish stuff which he shouldn't have but I feel that he has slowly learned how things work on these hosting forums & especially since he started working with @drserver his attitude has improved a lot. So I feel that drserver is proving to be an academy for him. Other than that he has always been good at designing & management related things. So to me it seems that he is quite talented but just not very good at PR & marketing but at least he is trying to learn & improve.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

can i please ask administrators or thread owner to change title to change of ownership as going out of business my upset current client base.

Thank you in advance

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • SpiritSpirit Member

As soon as you move viking layer clients to your brand new nordic location! :P

Thanked by 1drserver
  • BuyAdsBuyAds Member

Good luck DrServer keep it up. I may try your new brand soon

Thanked by 1drserver
  • Well done on providing a safety net for those trying out these smaller hosts. It had me wondering why the OP hadn't tried to sell off the customer base before closing... nice to see it's happened.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2015

Hi guys. To celebrate this, we the guys at drServer are offering 30% off for one billing cycle. Use code: drserverworld . It works with any product and code is valid until 14th of July.

//Sorry for bump.

Thanked by 2Ndha Fusl
  • FuslFusl Member

Viking Layer

Respectable $client_first_name

We want to inform you that we will move all current assets that we have with OVH to our infrastructure hosted in Sweden.
    Your server will be migrated in following 30 - 60 days.

There is no action that from your side required. We will migrate your VPS and send you new IP address after your server is migrated.
    Old server will work few more days after migration. No downtime is expected.

If you are not happy with relocation, feel free to cancel your service at end of billing period.

New hosting facility is state of the art Nacka via Portlane. One of latest European data center with state of the art cooling technology.
    Assets there are 100% owned by drServer and we have much greater control over network so we will be able to provide better service.
    Servers will be connected to AS42708 which have great bandwidth mix optimized for Europe.

Sweden though considered a expensive and exotic location compared to France we've opted to move our customers there for Quality of Service.

In true spirit of Viking Layer, we will continue to add more Nordic locations to our POP map.

Thank you for your understanding.

Tried GalaxyHostPlus now, unfortunately too much performance issues with them (CPU and network wise). If someone knows any other good providers in RBX/SBG, please let me know so I can move servers to another provider there.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Runabove?

• FuslFusl Member
    edited July 2015

@Radi said:
    Runabove?

As said already, I can't use any OVH service (no idea about the dedicated servers), because they suspend, shut down, freeze, ... my VMs all the time due to high packets per second on the network card (>10kpps).

• Fusl said: As said already, I can't use any OVH service (no idea about the dedicated servers), because they suspend, shut down, freeze, ... my VMs all the time due to high packets per second on the network card (>10kpps).

Best to get a dedicated server then

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • SpiritSpirit Member

We want to inform you that we will move all current assets that we have with OVH to our infrastructure hosted in Sweden.
    In true spirit of Viking Layer, we will continue to add more Nordic locations to our POP map.

Ha! FTW! :) Congratulations.