Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the cheapest TLD to buy + retain? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's the cheapest TLD to buy + retain?

13»

Comments

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited August 2017

@WSS said:
    .bid .men .win $0.95/yr with discount for multiple years at PorkBun. It claims to be $0.95/$1.25/etc but it goes to "full price" if you add more than one year. I think this is the same good old porkbun bug of months ago.

I should have bought more .party TLDs back when porkbun had those for like 5 bux for 10 years.

Anyone got any ideas on some other cheap ccTLD renewals? I know .ru is fairly cheap at like 200RUB(3~USD), I also know .de is cheap at around 3-4EUR, but no whois privacy allowed, any other good ccTLD options, preferably with whois privacy?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited August 2017

@Setsura said:
    I should have bought more .party TLDs back when porkbun had those for like 5 bux for 10 years.

Tell me about it. I've migrated my nameservers to .win/.party because fuck .tech rereg fees.

• @WSS said:

@Setsura said:

Tell me about it. I've migrated my nameservers to .win/.party because fuck .tech rereg fees.

Most of these shitty gTLDs are such a scam with their bait and switch promo reg price and then the renewal price at like 30 dollars.

• WSSWSS Member

That's why you gotta get 'em while they're cheap. Hope they don't die before then, but you know, I have DNS glue. If nobody picks 'em up, well, that's going to suck. :(

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited August 2017

Would ICANN allow them to just die? Surely they'd find someone else to manage them at least for the duration of any existing domains periods. Though I guess we haven't had a TLD die yet, so we don't really know what happens.

• WSSWSS Member

Most of them are fucking worthless, and if there's no money for the providers, they won't take them over. I mean, c'mon.. .software?

• @Setsura said:
    Would ICANN allow them to just die? Surely they'd find someone else to manage them at least for the duration of any existing domains periods. Though I guess we haven't had a TLD die yet, so we don't really know what happens.

Everything dies, don't forget this fact ever.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited August 2017

nitro85 said: But I'll never give my real ID documment to a random company which I do not trust

nitro85 said: You also have the .ovh domain

OVH also ask for scanned ID card, passport, utility bill, birth certificate, death certificate and your first born male.

• @Janevski said:

nitro85 said: But I'll never give my real ID documment to a random company which I do not trust

nitro85 said: You also have the .ovh domain

OVH also ask for scanned ID card, passport, utility bill, birth certificate, death certificate and your first born male.

Don't forget the retinal scan, shit sample, urine sample, and DNA "contribution".

• WSSWSS Member

@AuroraZ you better not fill out a colo at OVH with my DNA. I'll sue!

• After reading all comments seems that .com is still a good deal.

• @WSS said:

I use @DataBaseDesignLLC 's DNA he leaves it laying everywhere.

• WSSWSS Member

@AuroraZ said:

@WSS said:

I use @DataBaseDesignLLC 's DNA he leaves it laying everywhere.

Speaking of, I've given up on this fucking six-core. I can't get a Linux on it because it's so fucking slow to use the shitty interface- direct, or indirect. OpenBSD until your year is up. Ho!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Janevski said: OVH also ask for scanned ID card

You make it sound like having an OVH account is a big deal, but come on, after all the Kimsufi sales, who doesn't have one by now? And the auth process is same between OVH/Kimsufi, also will be faster if you link your previously verified account on their other services (Kimsufi or SyS).

• Porkbun no longer offer multiple years discount.

• @rm_ said:

You make it sound like having an OVH account is a big deal, but come on, after all the Kimsufi sales, who doesn't have one by now? And the auth process is same between OVH/Kimsufi, also will be faster if you link your previously verified account on their other services (Kimsufi or SyS).

I don't. I wanted to transfer a domain there, but now it seems like too much hassle.

Not that i can't just send a photo of my documents but... ...reasons.

• @Janevski said:

@rm_ said:

I don't. I wanted to transfer a domain there, but now it seems like too much hassle.

Not that i can't just send a photo of my documents but... ...reasons.

Do they ask for id for any kind of service (domain, server, ...)?

• mkshmksh Member
    edited August 2017

.win sucks! Bought one and got an email a week later or so telling me i have to join their "anti-fraud" program and place a button on my webpage. What if i don't have a website on the domain? Easy, i'll just have to follow some bullshit procedure to get exempt. Screw them.

Funny enough iirc .bid is run by the same guys and does not require the stupid button. Logic? I don't see any...

• i got .stream for 10yrs for 6.8$ total - porkbun

• I want a .pemus and a .vagima domain

• boxelderboxelder Member
    edited August 2017

The problem is that all these TLDs will go up after the first year. If you're looking for price certainty, the .99/year .xyz domains in their numeric namespace is what you want:

https://aydacfu.xyz/

Maybe you'll find one that's more memorable than your server's IP ;)

@AuroraZ said:
    Everything dies, don't forget this fact ever.

Everything dies baby that's a fact
    But maybe everything that dies someday comes back
    Put your makeup on fix your hair up pretty and meet me tonight in Atlantic City