Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the cheapest TLD to buy + retain? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's the cheapest TLD to buy + retain?

Comments

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited June 2015

Thanks guys. I don't care about retaining, value, Google rankins, etc.

I only want something cheap to use as a catch all domain (like a self-hosted version of mailmetrash.com)

I'll probably go with .ru

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited June 2015

.ru and .pw is also really cheap to renew if you choose wisely. A few days ago I saw a registrar with .pw renewals at around $3-$4

EDIT: It was not a promotion.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2015

TheKiller said: His ultimate choice would be a .COM and $10 is not expensive to retain a .COM.

Maybe you speak English poorly? Do you understand what does "the cheapest" mean?

• jtcxjtcx Member

@Traffic said:
    A few days ago I saw a registrar with .pw renewals at around $3-$4

Do you remember where you saw that? I'd love to lock in my .pw for 10 years at that price.

• TheKillerTheKiller Member
    edited June 2015

@rm_ said:
    Maybe you speak English poorly? Do you understand what does "the cheapest" mean?

You cannot understand what I said. He asked for TLD not ccTLD, though he selected ccTLD.

• @TheKiller said:
    You cannot understand what I said. He asked for TLD not ccTLD, though he selected ccTLD.

He/She didn't ask for gTLDs either.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • @hostnoob said:
    Thanks guys. I don't care about retaining, value, Google rankins, etc.

I only want something cheap to use as a catch all domain (like a self-hosted version of mailmetrash.com)

I'll probably go with .ru

Or you can get multiple domains to avoid your domain being "blacklisted" by spammers. Freenom will probably work well for this.

• jtcx said: Do you remember where you saw that? I'd love to lock in my .pw for 10 years at that price.

Not at all, sorry.

• kinotixkinotix Member
    edited June 2015

@hostnoob said:
    I don't care about retaining, value, Google rankins, etc.

Freenom offers free to register and free to renew .tk .ml .ga .cf .cq

It's private since you don't show up on the whois.
    You can use the domain, but it remains owned by Freenom, and there are several constraints on what you can do with it.

BTW, for .ru what are the cheapest and trustful registrars that offer an english version?

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

.pl - free on every Polish registrar.. (First year) :)

• .pw is a pretty cheap extension as well.

• @kinotix said:
    BTW, for .ru what are the cheapest and trustful registrars that offer an english version?

www.ru-tld.ru

Thanked by 1kinotix
  • Freenom is the best @Ole_Juul @kinotix @nitro85

• ZeastZeast Member
    edited June 2015

.pw on Namecheap or

.su on nic.ru / webnames.ru , see the whois of my website

• @lifehome said:
    I presents idvs.me(Namesilo Resller) with $9.99/yr, new/transfer/renewal at the same price for net/com/org/info/biz/pw/xyz, while GoDaddy and Namecheap are having their expensive promo.

No, both namecheap and godaddy are giving lesser price compared to you have mentoined "$9.99/yr". You can check their discount coupons at this resource http://www.cheapsslcouponcode.com/

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

.de from a German registrar is ~3€/year.

• spinvpsspinvps Member, Host Rep

i have bought several domains with namecheap, good prices though.

• Just get a .com from Namesilo and call it a day.

• Namesilo's 2 factor authentication is great and so is their free WHOIS protection.

• KupolKupol Member

@tr1cky

Don't you need a German address to register a .de domain?

• freenom matches all your need and it's free

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2015

jebwizoscar said: freenom matches all your need and it's free

Freenom suspended for cybersquatting rival registrars
    http://domainincite.com/18797-freenom-suspended-for-cybersquatting-rival-registrars

it cannot accept new registrations or inbound transfers from July 8 to October 6 or until it provides ICANN with a full list of the names it squatted.

• Thanks for that link @rm_
    I've always been suspicious of Freenom. A while back there were a number of posts on the net about how they had gotten screwed. I always expect some bad press, but couldn't find a lot of positive comments, except from Freenom. I've had some free African cc domains from them for over a year and have had no problems. I wouldn't put anything important on those, but for free it's a good thing for experimenting.

• Just checking if there are any updates for withing the last 2 years. My question is 'as topic'. Those 1st year discounts are really annoying, need five clicks to get the real price.

• Namecheap (aff) has .bid, .trade, .webcam, .party, .science, .cricket, .faith, .date, .review, .accountant, .download, .racing, .loan, .win, .men, and .stream for $5.58 / 5 years.

• ardaarda Member

.bid or .win from namesilo or porkbun ?

Thanked by 1WSS
  • If you are new client of Bigrock, get .com domain for 2 years for the price of one.
    My affiliate link endurance.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=792d3ff7630789529fab4fece&id=41134fa686&e=7564471aef
    Plz use coupon code FREECOMAFFAUG

• @dergelbe said:
    Just checking if there are any updates for withing the last 2 years. My question is 'as topic'. Those 1st year discounts are really annoying, need five clicks to get the real price.

Update. Freenom survived. )

• WSSWSS Member

.bid .men .win $0.95/yr with discount for multiple years at PorkBun. It claims to be $0.95/$1.25/etc but it goes to "full price" if you add more than one year. I think this is the same good old porkbun bug of months ago.