Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rackspace Email hosting? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rackspace Email hosting?

2»

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Dylan said:
    He even said he stopped doing Rackspace email last year, so if he's selling it now he apparently restarted this venture too. There are dependable and reputable Rackspace email resellers out there. I don't think you should send people to someone undependable just because they post on LET.

Sorry, never saw the post that he stopped. I don't really base much about him on his LET reputation, rather working with him as a client of Catalyst back in that day, and personal conversations. He's not a bad guy, but LET paints a film over most people that tends to vary from one's true self.

• I've been using it for a while now and haven't noticed anything that would make me pick this over hosting it on my own servers. Then again, there's nothing wrong with it. It works quite well, actually. So, if you don't have a redundant setup on your own servers, this would be my first choice.

• brgsbrgs Member

@Dylan said:
    He even said he stopped doing Rackspace email last year, so if he's selling it now he apparently restarted this venture too. There are dependable and reputable Rackspace email resellers out there. I don't think you should send people to someone undependable just because they post on LET.

What other resellers would you recommend, then ?

• Umair said: Webmail of zoho.com seems pretty good though. Anyone using them? (Paid account) ?

I have their Standard 10 GB plan which is $24/year. I've been happy with them and I've had just a few minor problems. So I would recommend them.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2015

What? I still do Rackspace Email. In fact, I paid a large setup fee to use their new reseller program. And thank you very much for the recommendation @Jar

https://www.frixelsolutions.com/email-hosting.php

PS: I'm fairly certain anybody using a Rackspace reseller can get their account moved direct with Rackspace if a reseller goes kaput.

But, unless I get run over by a bus as do several other people I know well that could take over should something happen to me... I'm not going anywhere. Besides, Now that I have a truck why would I get run over a bus... I don't walk anywhere anymore.

• if you look around there're some offers better than any other reseller program.
    I work with minor providers ,minor in term of customer base dimension,but uncomparable in terms of features and, what is more for me, for the support.
    Now i'm moving my customer to https://servermx.com from which i've been served for a couple of month .
    Here there some few reviews but, for my experience, these state the truth.
    http://webhostinggeeks.com/user-reviews/servermx_com/.
    If you need more than 50 email (even if split for more domain) you can contact them to get a specific offert (that's what i'm doing now after having decided to move my customers).

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited June 2015

@shovenose which four layers of SPAM filtering are there in RackSpace's email? You mention four layers, but don't go into details.

• wychwych Member

shovenose said: Besides, Now that I have a truck why would I get run over a bus... I don't walk anywhere anymore.

Don't doubt the buses; they will just send two after your truck ;)

• wych said: Don't doubt the buses; they will just send two after your truck ;)

Must had been a really important mail the one they wanted you to miss then :)

Thanked by 1wych
  • shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep