Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommend Netherlands Xen 512MB LEB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommend Netherlands Xen 512MB LEB

kiloservekiloserve Member
edited November 2011 in Providers

Hi Folks

Can somebody please recommend a good, solid Xen LEB provider in the Netherlands? Somebody you've actually used. I haven't used any boxes out in NL before so I'm not versed in the providers out there.

Preferably 512MB RAM for under <$7. Disk Space/CPU/bandwidth are not important.

I just need a reliable (provider won't do a runner) out in NL with preferably 512MB. Monthly or yearly payment is fine.

Thanks a bunch.

Comments

• Dunno

http://www.lowendbox.com/tag/netherlands/

Maybe you can get something with inceptionhosting or alvotech

Not very much Netherlands providers huh...

• your timing couldnt be better! :) uptimevps just offered their xen in netherlands! :)

https://secure.uptimevps.co/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

• @kiloserve said: I just need a reliable (provider won't do a runner)

• Hi Yomero

Thanks, I just checked out Inception. Their plan is ~$25 month for 512MB so a bit higher than I want to pay.

I think Alvotech is only OpenVZ and no Xen.

Thank you for helping, much appreciated.

• kiloservekiloserve Member
    edited November 2011

@kristal & yomero

LOL! no comment. :)

• jhjh Member
    edited November 2011

Just over your budget but www.ecovps.com is very good.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2011

@kiloserve said: Inception

They are one of the good hosts out there.

@kristal I take it you were joking, if not get out of here! I swear there should be a dislike button or a sarcastic like button.

Thanked by 1drmike
    edited November 2011

@jtodd said: www.ecovps.com

Thanks, I just had a look.

Looks like VZ rather than Xen to me "Guaranteed RAM". I have a quite a few OpenVZ boxes now, I'm looking to add Xen and KVM.

Oh yeah, I forgot KVM is fine too...either Xen or KVM.

EDIT: ecovps uses Virtuozzo aka Paid OpenVZ.

• There is a review from me on the second or third page. With promocode it makes $7.2 - right near your budget.

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited November 2011

@infinity: @yomero: u guys should just take it easy, u r trashing excellent vps provided based on your assumptions and hearsay.

if i am to pay for such service ~20$ per month to some other "safe" and "reliable" (by what standards anyway???) provider, id rather take the "risk" (which i dont even consider it a risk at all) and pay less than 30$ PER YEAR to uptimevps.

even if, - which i doubt will even happen as they are only investing and getting better and better, - even if - then run after a month or two, what did i lose? NOTHING.

i would even go further and say those companies offering it at ~20$ are the worst!!! = maybe mob-connected scamming mafia ripoff and in my eyes they look worse than uptime who is providing the best bang for the buck.

ps: im in love with Ken lol :->

edited November 2011

@kristal said: excellent vps

We will see if it is excellent, safe and reliable and risk free, just you wait a few months or even a year.

When it's dead we will see.. Either you are so gullible or you work for UptimeVPS or are in some way affiliated with them.

I also take it you've never heard of capital letters at the start of sentences. Anyways, this is the wrong thread to argue.

• @kristal
    enetsouth was excellent too.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • kristalkristal Banned
    edited November 2011

no affiliation whatsoever, as i said, even if they run within 2 months i will still be +14$:

2 months with: uptime=26$ per year, other = 40$ per 2 months

and thats just one of many examples, thats how u save money on a vps, wake up

if then run, and when they run, i will officially apologize to everyone and shut my mouth, but for now, u r soooo wrongggg

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited November 2011

I will say something offtopic, and sorry kiloserve.

About that offer:

1. The offer doesn't say nowhere Netherlands and Xen. The NL offers are OpenVZ.

2. "Hardware, Core i5 100Mbit connection, 30 Per node maximum."
      So, 25 euro/year, that is 2 euro/month. Max 30 vps per node, that is 60 euro per month per node.

Ok, let's assume Netherlands and worldstream (the cheapest provider that I know). The cheapest dedicated with i5 is at59 euro at month. And I am not ocunting extra hard disks, IPs and stuff.

IMHO, this offer is unsustainable.

Your math is wrong, or you don't want to do the math...

edited November 2011

@breton said: There is a review from me on the second or third page. With promocode it makes $7.2 - right near your budget.

That's a great price and within budget. CPU performance is excellent with decent disk.
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/496/pyramidserver.com-review#Item_23

Anybody know if these guys are reliable? I've never heard of them before; that is why I ask.

Looks like a winner so far, Breton, thankyou.

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited November 2011

@kiloserve: i like how u ignore uptimevps :-) and me ;-/

@yomero: my bad, its France only lulz, but it says Xen PV Virtualization.
    my math is correct, im using the data i have on hand from a customer point of view. u r using numbers based on your assumptions, u will never know their "sustainability" until ull get into their account books.

• @kristal said: your timing couldnt be better! :) uptimevps just offered their xen in netherlands! :)

https://secure.uptimevps.co/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

Hi Kristal

Thanks for the link. I did have a look...do you know which link is the one for Xen...I can only see the OpenVZ ones?

edited November 2011

@kristal said: @kiloserve: i like how u ignore uptimevps :-) and me ;-/

Lol, no I have not ignored you, I was trying to find the Xen plans but couldn't find it so my response is slow after I gave up looking :)

edited November 2011

@kristal said: @kiloserve: i like how u ignore uptimevps :-)

I'm trying my best not to f**** swear:P But seriously are you really that foolish, I hope this is a big prank that you are playing.

I am not going to reply to any of your tolling on this thread from now.

• tuxtux Member
    edited November 2011

kiloserve said: Thanks for the link. I did have a look...do you know which link is the one for Xen...I can only see the OpenVZ ones?

This link is XEN, but in France https://secure.uptimevps.co/cart.php?a=add&pid=29

edited November 2011

Thanks Mr. Tux.

I actually do have 2 VPS in France already...I believe at OVH dataCentre if I remember right. I'm trying to hit many geo locations that's why I'm looking for NL specifically.

But I know nothing about NL providers so I thought I'd ask help from you kind folks.

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited November 2011

@Infinity: u have the right to your opinion, same as i do. but take it easy now, no need to flame.

u r just negative without any arguments so far i didnt hear any.

im just taking it from a point of view of my pocket = price/service ratio

ok sorry we r going too far off topic. so lets end it now. bottom line is, im saving, and u r wasting money lol

@kristal said: u r just negative without any arguments so far i didnt hear any.

Look at my previous posts, I CBA to explain again for you.

• @kristal said: my math is correct, im using the data i have on hand from a customer point of view. u r using numbers based on your assumptions, u will never know their "sustainability" until ull get into their account books.

That are not assumptions, if you can find nodes with core i5 cheaper than that, be welcome.

But, at the end I am a coky noob right? http://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/290/kristal

• bretonbreton Member
    edited November 2011

@kiloserve

Anybody know if these guys are reliable? I've never heard of them before; that is why I ask.

http://www.lowendbox.com/?s=pyramid&searchsubmit=Find

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited November 2011

I am not sure if CPS is Monst3r here in LET

• @kiloserve said: Anybody know if these guys are reliable?

I don't trust anybody who use his dog picture for gravatar and how many bird killed + dog biography in his signature.. :P

about disk, yeah we are using raid1 because the provider only have 2TB disk. so i really didn't need 4TB in total for 16GB of RAM. :D

I have an offer for LEB/LET member, but we need to wait LEA post it in LEB. whistling

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited November 2011

i have kvm with pyramid since ~2 weeks now, its great, no problem with customs iso's, if u want i can let u test the speeds.