Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interested locations for virtual servers? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Interested locations for virtual servers?

13»

Comments

• eugene_ said: - Iceland

The costs for hosting in Iceland is incredibly high due to import taxes, hardware and bandwidth costs. Most networks in Iceland pass through the UK with sub par transit providers such as Cogent. Even though may be known for 'privacy sensitive', other countries can be better.

Only partly true.

Power is around 50% cheaper

Servers are IMPORT TAX FREE until 2025

Network costs between 4 and 10EUR/Mbit

• @deployvm said:

Anytim it can peer to NTT/Pacnet(Telstra) or KDDI for North Korea?
    Now maybe Only peer to China Unicom and China Telecom Next Gen(CN2)...

• Edis is Austrian.

BTW: The Greenland Connect cable connects Canada, Greenland, and Iceland.

• Ole_Juul said: Edis is Austrian.

So? Edis has servers in Iceland...

• Anything to do with CIS countries I would put on a must have list. It's very hard to get good servers in the CIS unless you can speak their language and they don't like foreigners much.

A good Russian provider is another one. I haven't found a good one that will deal with english speaking people yet.

Anything from Afrika as well. The more exotic the better.

And anything from the Oceania region. Talking PNG, Fiji, Solomon Islands, Tonga.

• Ole_JuulOle_Juul Member
    edited August 2015

William said: So? Edis has servers in Iceland...

I get your point, but feel that it is worth distinguishing between physical server location and nationality of the company running the service. In this case the server operation will effectively be subject to Australian Austrian law. I understand that this doesn't matter in most instances, but it could be important in some cases.

• @ole_juul cows, not kangaroos, Austria, not Australia

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • Frecyboy said: @ole_juul cows, not kangaroos, Austria, not Australia

Oops! Yes, Austrian then. And I just had a visitor from Austria at my house too, but I typed that before my eyes woke up. (thanks)

• We have Los Angeles CA, Dallas TX and Miami FL with p2p connections between locations for internal traffic ... We soon to be adding Atlanta.. other then those locations i dont see the reason to add more (covered west, mid and east coast)

• ditlevditlev Member, Top Host, Host Rep

this is good stuff - we will add those in cloud.net :)

• ditlev said: this is good stuff - we will add those in cloud.net :)

I wonder how you add Belarus when it is under UN sanctions...

• banned001 said: anything from the Oceania region. Talking PNG, Fiji, Solomon Islands, Tonga.

Sounds like fun but would be complicated network wise. I mean I don't see why anyone would host there. (well, if .to is as liberal with the content you can host in the country as it is with his expensive tld then I might understand why but it wouldn't be possible (politically) for such a small country)