Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interested locations for virtual servers? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Interested locations for virtual servers?

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited May 2015

Hawaii would be an interesting place to visit. I don't see any benefit with hosting there though.

• mintmint Member

@Pwner said:
    Although it may not be advertised as an LEB provider, that price meets the LEB standards at $5/month.

It's $10/mo if it's paid monthly, and not $48/year :P

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2015

The dominant ISP for hosting in Belarus is Beltelecom that uses Russian channels for delivering traffic such as Rostelecom, Megafon, TTK and RETN. So if you want to deal with Russian transits, most definitely for Belarus. If you look for the right company (I do know one), it can be within LEB pricing and has plentiful amount of bandwidth. International customers with PayPal are apparently accepted.

I think Estonia is the most underrated country for hosting. It is not common you will find a provider using Elion/Elisa but rather Linxtelecom.

Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan is most definitely an exotic place but again, Russian channels. I haven't seen one yet at LEB prices.

Taiwan is also a great location for reaching Asia. Unfortunately, servers are not cheap but if you know the right company, the price is decent with at least 100Mbps.

• jhjh Member

Kazakhstan would indeed be interesting but AFAIK there aren't any public DCs there

• MuZoMuZo Member
    edited May 2015

deployvm said: If you look for the right company (I do know one), it can be within LEB pricing and has plentiful amount of bandwidth. International customers with PayPal are apparently accepted.

Is it the one with 512MB RAM, unlimited traffic for a little under 7$? When registering you can select that you're a foreign customer and they seems to allow that. Interesting, wondering how they can do it.

deployvm said: It is not common you will find a provider using Elion/Elisa

Do you know any provider VPS/Dedi (even not in LE* standards) using them?

deployvm said: Kazakhstan [...] I haven't seen one yet at LEB prices.

nhost and gohost are around LE* prices, surely it would be nice to see a company with English support.

edited May 2015

@MuZo said:

For Belarus, yes. That is right but is OpenVZ server :)

For Elion Estonia, I do know a provider but is a local business and does not publicly publish offers.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

I can't believe nobody linked ExoticVPS yet.

• mintmint Member

@joepie91 said:
    I can't believe nobody linked ExoticVPS yet.

Now it's unable even to sort the table, what tha

• Argentina!

@themt said:

I was wondering about that! I recall being able to sort the table in the past. Perhaps I'm not going crazy after all...

• qhosterqhoster Member

Add Bulgaria as awesome location :)

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Strange, India got 0% :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

themt said: I've seen 1 Core/4GB Memory/50GB Disk/300GB Bandwidth for around $60 a year in Korea

Which provider is that (URL)?

• GunterGunter Member

Vancouver. Vancouver. Vancouver.

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

Nobody mentions North Korea?

@Jylee said:
    Nobody mentions North Korea?

North Korea is impossible! It is only China Unicom bandwidth and ISP owned by government. I think in this century, no provider will publicly advertise any service from North Korea.

• Belgium! It's the centre of Europe, but there really aren't any payable hosters available. Neither for VPS nor shared hosting...

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Jylee said: Nobody mentions North Korea?

Somalia will be fine and most exotic location for VPS hosting.

• rokokrokok Member

Vote Zimbabwe

• @William said:
    Not true. There is no import tax for servers (specifically excluded) and BW is ~4EUR/Mbit (Backhaul to UK) to ~15EUR/Mbit (Mixed Backhaul to UK and Canada)

Well, this depends on the company and ISP you are dealing with. The ISP I contacted does not have any direct backhauls to UK/Canada but rather through Germany. It's not ThorDC.

Otherwise, thanks for your comments.

• lucaslucas Member

+1 for Belarus. An unexplored place for hosting. I haven't seen any reasonable providers in that country.

• MrXMrX Member

mint said: @joepie91 said: I can't believe nobody linked ExoticVPS yet.

You're right. The script I was using for table sorting broke (probably because I suck at JavaScript). It's on the to-do list.

But at least it's got a semi-decent currency converter now... That only took a year to fix.

MrX said: But at least it's got a semi-decent currency converter now... That only took a year to fix.

What are you using for that?

• CryckCryck Member
    edited July 2015

I would like to see Liechtenstein as a LET Location (although it is not that exotic).
    If any provider has resources there, feel free to contact me.

• rds100rds100 Member

There was already an offer from Liechtenstein (by EDIS and by William before that).

Thanked by 1Cryck
  • MrXMrX Member

joepie91 said: What are you using for that?

It's a Google Sheets doc which uses a function called GOOGLEFINANCE() that I, from time to time, export to CSV and upload into a database table.

• @deployvm said:

No peer to South Korea or Japan?

@loveminds said:
    No peer to South Korea or Japan?

You are inquiring about?

• zevuszevus Member

@eugene_ said:
    Not viable:

• Iceland

The costs for hosting in Iceland is incredibly high due to import taxes, hardware and bandwidth costs. Most networks in Iceland pass through the UK with sub par transit providers such as Cogent. Even though may be known for 'privacy sensitive', other countries can be better.

here's iceland:

http://www.edis.at/de/server/linux-vserver/island/

though i would recommend not ordering anything there until checking out their cancellation policy

• How about Malaysia? :D